EA Forums - Banner

XMAS 2018

Replies

• So am I seeing this correctly - there's no normal 'event tasks' with Christmas this year and the events are more like the smaller episode tie in ones we get?

Yes. It would seem that this major event will be 4 consecutive mini-events.
  • FYI:
    Anyone looking for a bargain should grab the Christmas market bundle. It's worth it just for the Ferris wheel but it comes with Christmas trees and food stands that have multiplier bonuses.
  • I rushed to the angel lisa, completed that and didn't get the character, and now there's nothing to do. Is this right?
  • ramrod130 wrote: »
    I rushed to the angel lisa, completed that and didn't get the character, and now there's nothing to do. Is this right?

AHAHAHAHAH OMG. I dont know if I should laugh. I can't . IS THIS A NIGHTMARE? IS THIS A TRICK?
  • Now I have all three bundles, it's time to completely rearrange them into something nice. Also quite a few of the winter boxes will have things that will go into a nice new Christmas Wonderland thing. Look! It's ANOTHER theme park!
  • So am I seeing this correctly - there's no normal 'event tasks' with Christmas this year and the events are more like the smaller episode tie in ones we get?

Yes. It would seem that this major event will be 4 consecutive mini-events.

Well, this sucks.

v0xuxke9dwcf.gif
  • Thus far, not even seeing anything I want in the store. Things had better improve or I'm spending my Christmas reading.

Yes.

Actual books.
  • They'll slowly add stuff to keep you coming back I'm sure, but I'm not holding my breath. I dont recognize any of the stuff thats currently available for donut purchase. Must be all season 15+ :P
  • chud3
    141 posts Member
    i can't even see the characters because the icons are so small in the store. looks like a burns skin, a mexican wrestler, and a hari krishna?
  • Things had better improve or I'm spending my Christmas reading.

Yes.

Actual books.
    I do that too, read. Mostly cause it freaks out my kids!
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • Color me disappointed.
  • Very disappointed with the event so far. Going to have to remove areas of town to bring out all my Xmas stuff, as I don't have room for anything new. Can't believe they have given us no land tokens for this event.
  • FYI:
    Anyone looking for a bargain should grab the Christmas market bundle. It's worth it just for the Ferris wheel but it comes with Christmas trees and food stands that have multiplier bonuses.

2.5% for those wondering...
  • This is a massive update
  • Best thing about this storyline: Homer's alias.
  • I think I'm encountering that glitch where you collect from a place but certain characters are still "stuck" doing the task. When you go to the neighbors screen and return you can tap on the building again and re-collect from it. And then you can do this over and over. Good if you want money I guess, bad if five of the characters you need for xmas tasks are stuck there.
    What's the solution?
  • I think I'm encountering that glitch where you collect from a place but certain characters are still "stuck" doing the task. When you go to the neighbors screen and return you can tap on the building again and re-collect from it. And then you can do this over and over. Good if you want money I guess, bad if five of the characters you need for xmas tasks are stuck there.
    What's the solution?
    try to store the building to free them
    fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • This is a massive update

Am wondering why such a huge update was needed for what seems like will be 4 mini-events. Doesn't make sense.
  • cjsad99 wrote: »
    This is a massive update

Am wondering why such a huge update was needed for what seems like will be 4 mini-events. Doesn't make sense.

The update has to replace all textures with the snow covered variants, that's why it's a huge one.
  • try to store the building to free them
    Well that was a simple fix, thanks!