EA Forums - Banner

New format of this event

Prev13
All of you saw that this event is different.

This event uses a new format for events, called Multi-Event, with multiple acts, shorter than the usual main event, with a bigger variety of content, no crafting or friend actions, and works in a similar way to mini-events.
In this event, once an act is unlocked, you can complete it till the end of the event, instead of being restricted to just the week it's in and different characters will be needed (except for the Simpson family) to complete it.

Replies

• Not anywhere near as much fun as the previous event format, IMO.
  • Maybe this style of event would work better for something like the St. Easter event of a few years back.

It's a roll of the dice to try something new, but it hasn't really worked so far.
    Trying to control the horizontal & the vertical. Do not adjust your TV.
  • I Loved the change.
    Think it makes much sense now.
  • Love it! So happy there's no crafting!
  • The cons are that there’s no visual Christmas tasks (as we’ve had in years past— this might have made the format a bit less disappointing) and ultimately there’s not much of anything to do.

As an aside, I’ve been hoping for years they’d have some new Xmas building skins, but once again, no.
  • I do appreciate that they've lessened the restrictions on earning event content for each act. That's a nice feature.
  • nissa762
    1951 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Not at all a fan, sorry. Events were starting to get tedious and repetitive, crafting was the only thing I was really working towards in the event - as weird as that sounds it was one of the few incentives left in an event that is just reskinned.

Sorry again, but I'm so underwhelmed that I forgot to turn on the Christmas lights in my town for the first time this year. There's almost nothing to do in the game.
  • Personally, I did not like the “put the craftables in a certain area for a percentage” events that we have had quite a few times recently. I’m just glad they aren’t doing THAT again.
  • rockyb2006 wrote: »
    Personally, I did not like the “put the craftables in a certain area for a percentage” events that we have had quite a few times recently. I’m just glad they aren’t doing THAT again.

It was interesting the first time but it got old real quick.
  • I had enough of the "put the items in the bonus area" kind of events, but this one is too boring.
    My problems: no characters? No land??!! I was expecting to get land tokens, at least a couple.
    Also, I don't understand why the update of this event was so huge if there is literally nothing going on in the game.
    I don't like the mytery box either - very uninteresting items. For me, at least.
  • The update was so big because of the snow, they had to change the graphics on all the items and terrain. Once the event is over, the total download size will be much smaller.
  • So I just check in every 4 hours and set tasks? That's the event.

Remember when we had to shoot elves out of a cannon?

• Love it!
    No crafting, more time to do other stuff
    No 20 diff things you need to do
    Just easy each 4h check or not plenty off time for completion.
    I wanna enjoy Christmas not constantly play TSTO to get all stuff
    My two cents
  • I love the event. Christmas time is the busiest time of the year, so a relaxing TSTO event is very welcome. And I'm so happy they got rid of the crafting.
  • I was a bit scared about but now i really like it
  • My problems: no characters? No land??!! I was expecting to get land tokens, at least a couple.

There are 16 land tokens or something like that in the event. When was there an event that gave so many?
  • jaythecanadian
    633 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    rockyb2006 wrote: »
    Personally, I did not like the “put the craftables in a certain area for a percentage” events that we have had quite a few times recently. I’m just glad they aren’t doing THAT again.

I'm not really a fan of crafting decorations that I don't want as they are mostly just vanity with no bonus payout. Although, sometimes you gotta risk some in order to get the new buildings that are in the crafting.

As for the bonus area....not crazy about it either, although not only that most crafting decorations increases the bonus percentage but also increases the event currency reward for each of those characters that are part of the event currency. Many of us tends to just donut rush each prize tracks anyways.

Anyways, this was a nice change and relaxing. Minor events are usually relaxing anyways and you can take your time in them.

Do not add me as a friend in the game anymore as I rarely visit my friends' towns. Not adding anymore too
  • I enjoy crafting, but the whole bonus area idea can do one. This event just feels a little bit too relaxed for me. I kinda like the rush of trying to meet event deadlines.
  • So I just check in every 4 hours and set tasks? That's the event.

Remember when we had to shoot elves out of a cannon?

I agree with you... 🙄 It's kind of boring...
    Elves out of the cannon were great!!! I was hoping something like that. Something new. So far, for me, this event is disappointing...
  • Has anybody ever said they like the bonus area? Lol