EA Forums - Banner

What DON’T you like about Christmas 2018? Only complaining please....

Replies

• I don’t feel like I’m playing an event..... collecting programs by doing 4hr talks is pretty boring - I always feel this way about mini events, but I usually don’t mind as they are just after labour intensive main events and the break is welcomed, but not enjoying it as the main Xmas event.

The Xmas/Holiday event (along with Halloween) is always one that players look forward to. Having played this game almost since it started, I’ve experienced all the Xmas events and this ranks pretty low so far....definitely down there with the Solstice Xmas.

I’m not massively excited about any of the content - certainly in the first mini event. The bundles are rehashed from previous events and the new stuff seems a bit... I don’t know... ‘Meh’.

And the lack of crafting is annoying - as much as it can be a grind it can give more cool content and you can get what you want and leave what you don’t.

I get that they are trying to keep it fresh by changing the format. I also get that the Economy of the game has changed with more donuts available and more premium content, restricted land and item counts, and (I’m guessing) probably less players, so some of the old mechanisms may no longer work, but I don’t think this one works - especially for Xmas.
  • I miss the music and the little friendship icon holiday update (small thing but true). Overall, I miss when friend actions meant something substantial for events.
  • willp_70 wrote: »
    I'm looking out the window and see snow and cold. Blarch!
    I wanna be able to turn the Springfield snow off.

I may have to turn off the sound effects. Hearing the cold wind in the Springfield just isn't fun when it's in the low 20s outside and you're trying to keep warm. The sound actually makes the room feel draughty.
  • I just wanted christmas lights 🚥

Will I ever get them?!
    :s
  • FrogFaery
    165 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Number 1 complaint?

No Christmas lights for newbies. And no chance to get more for newer players.

Other cons...

No friend actions.

No/very few new buildings as prizes*, and the premium content on offer just doesn't interest me. (I was slightly interested in The Screens, but it doesn't seem like it will have any character interaction.)
    *Edit: I see there are some buildings coming in the other acts! Here's hoping they're ones I want in my town!

The event play is just like a mini event, which I'm typically not a fan of, anyway (I much prefer the big events).

The content is okay (I love the carousel), but there's no excitement about any of it. I have no doubt that I'll get everything, which kind of defeats the purpose for me.
    I want to have to try, otherwise, what's the point?
  • jukan00
    2319 posts Member
    Also seems like the dropping connection thing is back. Could just be me.
  • Phinnea
    1388 posts Member
    Lamest. Event. Ever. 4 mini events does not equal an event. It's a total copout. So bored.
    phinneacttf in the Crawl to the Finish
  • My only real gripe is that they keep adding what are supposed to be “skins” as separate playable characters. Angel Lisa, Young Grampa, Teenage Marge, Barney & Artie Ziff should be skins. How many doppelgängers are we gonna have?

Then skins like Shadow Knight & U.B.O. Should be separate playable characters but there not.
  • fastshadow2
    5466 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    i would have like to get a few items this season that i listed on the previous page but i can do without that stuff and is no big deal to me but i think my major gripe is that a lot of new stuff doesn’t go on ice tiles (haven’t checked all items) like the chestnut carts and fair booths
    also would have liked snow cats :D
    was hoping to get rid of the vans lol
    fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • My only complain is that Snowball II cat is not featured in the splash screen as Santa's Little Helper. Maybe the next mini event is Snowball II related.
  • I miss the holiday music.
    I miss friend interactions.
    I miss NPCs to collect currency.
    I'm disappointed the same repeated 4 hr task isn't visual so there's nobody festive wondering around on visual tasks.
    It just doesn't FEEL like a holiday event, it feels like gap filler.
  • I don't like having to go to the nice thread to say nice things. >:)
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • Willy9292 wrote: »
    I don't like having to go to the nice thread to say nice things. >:)
    😀, it’s a pain to go to another thread to be nice :)

fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • My only real gripe is that they keep adding what are supposed to be “skins” as separate playable characters. Angel Lisa, Young Grampa, Teenage Marge, Barney & Artie Ziff should be skins. How many doppelgängers are we gonna have?

Then skins like Shadow Knight & U.B.O. Should be separate playable characters but there not.

I agree with this, though U.B.O. is appropriately a skin for Mr. Burns.
  • Doppelgangers should be separate characters. An alternate version of a character is not and should not be a costume. With only a few exceptions, skins are costumes. Angel Lisa should've been a costume. I'm still perplexed as to why Tapped Out made Mrs. Glick's superhero alter ego a separate character instead of a skin. It should have been a character and a skin, especially for the price they charged.
  • What does a yarn store or French acrobats have to do with Christmas?
  • Land tokens....the lack thereof.
  • roman65 wrote: »
    Land tokens....the lack thereof.

Huh? How is 14 land tokens in one event "the lack thereof"?
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • The fact that I’m going to have to re-download the whole game everytime I play now :|
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • roman65 wrote: »
    Land tokens....the lack thereof.

Huh? How is 14 land tokens in one event "the lack thereof"?

Bup bup bup... there’s no criticism of others posts in this thread, thank you.