EA Forums - Banner

The Gil Deal

Prev1
stingray1122
8717 posts Member
edited December 2018
So we got some new content today. 199 donuts for Young Marge and Roller Rink. The deal seems a little expensive considering Young Homer was a prize in a previous event. (The one prize from the event I missed getting. I'm hoping he appears in a future mystery box or other offer)
Post edited by stingray1122 on

Replies

• A Savage Thaw is the quest line for Act 2. New format for this one and Acts 1-3 are available for the whole event.

P.s. I like Young Marge and the building but I’m a long-time player so donuts are plentiful.
  • I bought it. I need young Marge to go with my young Homer. Can't have him be lonely.
  • Young Homer must be younger than young Marge, because she can go to the She-She club and he can’t.
  • I bought it too! Unfortunately the place I have it in blocks the rainbow banners! (Monorail) Maybe after a few more land tokens I can rearrange some things!
  • I bought it and very happy that she is voiced too.
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking. Don't forget about the Springfield Showcase
  • Is young-Marge a skin?
  • beastlymm wrote: »
    Is young-Marge a skin?

Nope. She's a full character.
  • insta buy
  • fastshadow2
    5466 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Young Homer must be younger than young Marge, because she can go to the She-She club and he can’t.
    and this lol

CB87-FDBD-E8-CB-4662-99-A9-ADAB8-B508336.png
    guess an ID iisn’t required 😂
    fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • In the words of Benjamin Franklin “Bra burning Marge is the best Marge”.. great buy, I’m sure young Homer will be back soon.
  • Says she earns event currency...is that just the current event (A Savage Thaw) or all special events...current and future?
  • OhHappyJays
    1639 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    zhilton76 wrote: »
    Says she earns event currency...is that just the current event (A Savage Thaw) or all special events...current and future?

She earns event currency; in this Act its Snowballs.

She should be able to earn event currency through the remainder of the event.
    Trying to control the horizontal & the vertical. Do not adjust your TV.
  • She's awesome. Best Gil deal since the Hellfish.
  • She earns event currency; in this Act its Snowballs.

So just this event in its entirety and not future ones? Or she’ll be used in most future events like the next Superhero update or whatever crazy & wacky event the developers come up with next?

• zhilton76 wrote: »
    She earns event currency; in this Act its Snowballs.

So just this event in its entirety and not future ones? Or she’ll be used in most future events like the next Superhero update or whatever crazy & wacky event the developers come up with next?

I don't recall there ever being a character that is sold indicating it will be used in all future events. Characters that earn event currency do just that, earn event currency in that event.
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • rw228
    1057 posts Member
    The premium characters from the last act no longer earn event currency so there is a chance Young Marge will only earn in this act.
  • fastshadow2
    5466 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    but, young marge could be used in future event(s) that she might earn event currency
    no way of knowing though
    fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • If I want an extra snowballs character, do people recommend getting Anchor Manangement for 150 donuts or Ice Fishing for 175 donuts before Young Marge? I KEM about 50 donuts a day and have 200 now, but wonder if I should pass on her for the others. Since I usually log in every four hours during the day, I’m also thinking I might not need any of them to finish the snowball total, especially since I already have the houseboat for an extra 11 donuts.

I am leaning towards waiting on a future mystery box to get her cheaper.
  • So we got some new content today. 199 donuts for Young Marge and Roller Rink. The deal seems a little expensive considering Young Homer was a prize in a previous event. (The one prize from the event I missed getting. I'm hoping he appears in a future mystery box or other offer)

New characters always come back anyways in future minor or major events (either as donut purchase or in mystery box).

I had almost considered skipping Teenage Homer and would have also skipped the Young ones in this event too but decided to take him and already taken Young Marge and Barney and will do the same for the other two next week.

Do not add me as a friend in the game anymore as I rarely visit my friends' towns. Not adding anymore too
  • Young Homer must be younger than young Marge, because she can go to the She-She club and he can’t.

Last time Hommer was in there he complained about the fire exit and so he' bared.