EA Forums - Banner

Your Highs & Lows of 2018 (And What You'd Like To See In 2019)

Replies

• High: Itchy & Scratchy Land - Based on my favourite episode, and absolutely loved it as a result. Always wanted an Itchy & Scratchy Land for my Springfield.

Low: Christmas 2018 - Totally dull and lifeless. The four mini-event structure ironically made it feel uneventful.
    The Real Dalekbuster523, Coming Soon to Nethersphere Online
  • stingray1122
    8717 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Highs: Springfield Jobs, Treehouse of Horror XXIX, Christmas

Low: Itchy and Scratchy Land. There were some great characters released like Itchy, Scratchy and Corporal Punishment. However the interface for designing the rides was poorly executed. The Injury 500 was the only new ride of the three they released. The Log ride and The Zoominator are both remakes of the Unoriginal Log Ride and the Tooth Chipper.

What I'd Like to See:

New Events: The Computer Wore Menace Shoes Island event, Bart Of Darkness mini event

New Characters: George Bush, Ernest Borgnine, Clancy Bouvier, Really Tall Man, L. B. "Jeff" Jefferies, Just stamp the ticket guy
    Post edited by stingray1122 on
  • High: Around the World, Time-Traveling Toaster and Hallowen

Low: Everything else.
  • You should give the toaster back, you're causing a paradox
    Whoa, whoa, whoa – I only accept cash, bitcoin, or GameStop stock.
  • Loved the zoo <3

I would really like Troy McClure for 2019 in a planet of the apes event or something else you might recognise him in. ;)
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • TheJuiceLoosener
    2353 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I would like more items we can place on/in river water. General Sherman would be a good start.
  • simpsonare wrote: »
    Gary_A_D wrote: »
    I'll tell you what I expected to see in 2018. I saved donuts up specifically for Pride, and they didn't have the mini event. That made me mad, because that's my favorite mini event. I get a kick out of it.
    One big gay event lol.

so pretty much most of the players will go away for 4 weeks? lol

Very surprising, and disappointing, you would suggest this. Thanks for the update to my perspective.

I'm not ________ . I don't stop playing the Simpsons when it highlights the ________ characters.

I don't stop playing when there's a focus on any character, regardless of their identity. Fill in the blank with any minority group.

I don't make judgements about a game based on its acceptance of minority groups. I just want the content to be funny or entertaining.

I don't judge minority groups based on actions of members of those groups. That's bigotry. I assumed all Simpsons fans were capable of holding individuals accountable for their actions, rather than blaming a group. Perhaps not. That's sad.

All my designs look unfinished because i can't place as many plants, streetlights, and fences as i would like. PLEASE REMOVE THE LIMIT, EA!
  • I am perfectly fine with gay people, but I don't want a 'Gay Pride' event. By all means introduce gay characters, but an entire event/mini-event would feel like they are alienating those of us who are straight.
  • TheJuiceLoosener
    2353 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I am perfectly fine with gay people, but I don't want a 'Gay Pride' event. By all means introduce gay characters, but an entire event/mini-event would feel like they are alienating those of us who are straight.

You're entitled to your opinion but please make sure to frame it that way. Speaking as a member of the "those of us who are straight" group, I don't feel alienated at all. Making sure that all decent, law-abiding citizens are treated with the dignity and respect they deserve should be something everyone can celebrate, regardless of race, creed, color or orientation. Pride is about diversity and inclusion and the pride that comes with being able to openly be your true self without shame or fear. If you feel excluded by that I don't know what to tell you.
  • smohqy
    2111 posts Member
    I am perfectly fine with gay people, but I don't want a 'Gay Pride' event. By all means introduce gay characters, but an entire event/mini-event would feel like they are alienating those of us who are straight.

You think a gay pride event would alienate straight people?!? Take a step back and consider how LBGTQ people have felt since, well, about forever?

Go ahead, take a minute. I’ll wait.

:unamused:

• 4junk3000 wrote: »
    simpsonare wrote: »
    Gary_A_D wrote: »
    I'll tell you what I expected to see in 2018. I saved donuts up specifically for Pride, and they didn't have the mini event. That made me mad, because that's my favorite mini event. I get a kick out of it.
    One big gay event lol.

so pretty much most of the players will go away for 4 weeks? lol

Very surprising, and disappointing, you would suggest this. Thanks for the update to my perspective.

I'm not ________ . I don't stop playing the Simpsons when it highlights the ________ characters.

I don't stop playing when there's a focus on any character, regardless of their identity. Fill in the blank with any minority group.

I don't make judgements about a game based on its acceptance of minority groups. I just want the content to be funny or entertaining.

I don't judge minority groups based on actions of members of those groups. That's bigotry. I assumed all Simpsons fans were capable of holding individuals accountable for their actions, rather than blaming a group. Perhaps not. That's sad.

it was a joke on the hate posts we saw the other time. ;)
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • 😎Posted in another thread desire for The🌀Hurricane🌀Event appropriate for seasonal transitions😎

Otherwise, along w/ TSTO, this sums things up nicely... :#
  • Low: Bart Royale - Hated this event with a passion. I couldn't wait for it to end. Probably the first event where I didn't buy any of the premium characters (except Wendell).

High: Springfield Zoo - Gave me a lot of designing possibilities and there were some premium characters I actually wanted.

Itchy & Scratchy Land was hit and miss (due to the bugs and overpriced content) and Christmas was too basic.
  • GarfieldBorg
    8 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Honestly the list of things that I want to see added to game (which I'm still compiling) is probably too long for this post, so I'm going to condense it into my top choices.

Here is some of what I want: an "X-Files" themed MAJOR event based on the episode "The Springfield Files" (but not necessarily limited to the theme of that episode) featuring FBI Agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully [I don't care whether they are prize track characters, premium characters, or super premium characters (purchasable with real money), I just want them in my Springfield!], and various alien characters that have appeared in that episode and other episodes & comic book stories (including the classic Gray alien); Fry, Leela, Bender, & Zoidberg from Futurama (at least Bender and Zoidberg, but Bender - with an animated "babysit Maggie" permanent task - especially since he has appeared in more the one episode. I know that the crossover episode got a lot of mixed reactions, but that doesn't mean that the Futurama characters shouldn't get included); Scratchy Mascot (at least) and the Laffy Meal Mystery Box returned to the Krustyland store; more Krustyland/Itchy & Scratchy Land themed attractions (in the form of characters/buildings/decorations); Mayan Homer made available to unlock separately from the Mayan bundles, especially for those players (like me) who already have the other parts of the Mayan bundles; more Mayan themed characters/buildings/decorations and more Egyptian themed characters/buildings/decorations, which could be grouped together in a major event along with some Atlantean themed characters/buildings/decorations; more Stone Age themed characters/buildings/decorations, especially if they parody (and show tribute to) "The Flintstones"; one or more Monorail Stations that can be placed on the sea, and monorail tracks that can be placed on the beaches, sea, boardwalk tiles, and pier tiles; switching monorail and cross monorail tracks; more themed Monorail Stations in general (for example: see also my previously listed ideas); a sequel to the Time Travel Toaster event; a sequel to the Sci-Fi event; the other monster minions from the THOH 2018 event added as characters; Spock and Seven Of Nine from Star Trek; Xena; Comic Book Guy's Klingon Batman costume as a skin; a Power Rangers themed event (preferably as a major event) as a tribute to their recent anniversary, if possible (there's this guy who has done excellent work on creating versions of "Power Rangers" characters done in "The Simpsons" animation style that would look great in the game. I also want those "Power Rangers" characters in the game because I want them in my Springfield, and I'm working on several fan fiction stories starring the Simpsons as the Power Rangers); Gil released as a playable character (preferably with a permanent task that pays out donuts) while still being used for the "Gil's Deals" offers; select NPC's being turned into playable characters; and the "Make Springfielders Get Down At The Anvil" task turned into a permanent task.

Well, that's all that I'm going to put in this post (which is more than I had originally intended). I will be posting (as soon as possible) a more complete and detail list of my ideas for the game on my blog if anyone is interested in reading it.
  • The introduction of Gil as a playable character is inspired, perhaps as a premium purchase with the option to then complete jobs for donut rewards.
  • ramrod130
    526 posts Member
    edited January 2019

How would a pride event alienate "those of us who are straight?"

If they had an event in Chinese would those of us who speak English feel alienated?
  • I am perfectly fine with gay people, but I don't want a 'Gay Pride' event. By all means introduce gay characters, but an entire event/mini-event would feel like they are alienating those of us who are straight.

You're entitled to your opinion but please make sure to frame it that way. Speaking as a member of the "those of us who are straight" group, I don't feel alienated at all. Making sure that all decent, law-abiding citizens are treated with the dignity and respect they deserve should be something everyone can celebrate, regardless of race, creed, color or orientation. Pride is about diversity and inclusion and the pride that comes with being able to openly be your true self without shame or fear. If you feel excluded by that I don't know what to tell you.

We're on a forum site. Anything any of us posts is in our opinion.

Your point is ludicrous, because to suggest gay pride is inclusive to those of us who are heterosexual is surely taking away from why gay people celebrate it in the first place. It's their event, not ours. Hence I'd personally feel excluded from a gay pride mini event in the game, and I'd rather see events that are inclusive for all of us. Why not just add gay characters as part of a standard event, instead of having to create a whole separate one to include them that only appeals to a particular group of people?

Before anyone jumps on me, I'm not homophobic. I'm fine with gay people, and I would say the same about an event/mini-event based around autism even though I'm autistic myself.
  • smohqy wrote: »

You think a gay pride event would alienate straight people?!? Take a step back and consider how LBGTQ people have felt since, well, about forever?

Go ahead, take a minute. I’ll wait.

:unamused:
    But surely it's better to introduce gay characters in a standard event? That way we're all going to feel included.
  • ramrod130 wrote: »

How would a pride event alienate "those of us who are straight?"

If they had an event in Chinese would those of us who speak English feel alienated?

Yeah, because only a very small group of players would be able to read Chinese.
  • If they had an event in Chinese would those of us who speak English feel alienated?
    Yes. And this has no connection to your gay....analogy. It's a yes to being alienated by the upcoming Chinese language event. The dialogue bubbles and the laughs they provide are almost the most important part of each and every storyline! And being able to understand them is essential to our enjoyment. The Chinese are already undercutting us in enough ways, such as when they sew the stitching onto socks so that it rubs annoyingly against the front part of your toes on every step you take. It's distracting, and it makes us less effective as a people, which was part of the ascendent China agenda, make no mistake about it. Low tech footwear sabotage! to go along with their high tech sabotage of our secrets stored stupidly on computers. Don't let their incursion reach into TSTO just to proove that we like gays! There are other ways to support gays than by throwing in with China.