EA Forums - Banner

Your Highs & Lows of 2018 (And What You'd Like To See In 2019)

Replies

• smohqy wrote: »
    I am perfectly fine with gay people, but I don't want a 'Gay Pride' event. By all means introduce gay characters, but an entire event/mini-event would feel like they are alienating those of us who are straight.

You think a gay pride event would alienate straight people?!? Take a step back and consider how LBGTQ people have felt since, well, about forever?

Go ahead, take a minute. I’ll wait.

:unamused:
    But surely it's better to introduce gay characters in a standard event? That way we're all going to feel included.

Your feelings of exclusion are a personal issue, not one that EA or Tapped Out is obligated to address.
  • I'm not pagan - I didn't feel excluded form that event. What is happening around here?
    Whoa, whoa, whoa – I only accept cash, bitcoin, or GameStop stock.
  • I’d like to see the Nightmare pile allow all kids to trick or treat at once. Honestly that’s the only thing left in the game I have requested. Ok I Lied, I’d like witch skins for Selma and Patty.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • nmd6
    159 posts Member
    This exclusion talk is nonsense. I don't see them outraged at Christmas which is a Christian 'festival'. Will they be asking for it to be scrapped as an event as it 'excludes' non Christians? Of course not.
    It's like the bar room bores who say 'I'm not racist/homophobic as some of my best friends are black/gay BUT...…..'
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6348 posts Moderator
    Guys, I’m only going to say this once. Leave the politics out of this forum. Stay on topic, keep it game oriented, respect one another or else the hammer will have to come out. Thank you
  • Please, stop. Thank you :)
  • cherrysweatr
    243 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Highs: Halloween, the Zoo and Itchy & Scratchy land were my favorite. I always loved the look of Krusty Land and it was SO fun to build back when I started, I really enjoyed adding all the I&S stuff to it when it was moved over. It was fun building the zoo with the aquariums they made available. The Black Friday sale with the women and kids of Springfield boxes were amazing deals.

Lows: I am not sure what happened over the past few months but I've found myself "tapped out" from Tapped Out. I wasn't offended by anything, the events are... well events as they've always been for the past year or two. The format is getting a little stale for me, maybe that's it? And the constant need to log in every 4 hours to reset something, nothing else. The crafting "levels" are irritating. It would be nice if they could sprinkle in some of the old formats - dropping Valentine's cards, maybe a wheel with minor prizes only, etc. I also stopped myself from buying into one of the limited Holiday boxes because the Funzos were in there.

2019: I wish they would bring back the Happy Little Elves ride for KL. And expand the vault to include past limited items, right now it seems like I have the same 5 options every other week from what seems like 10 available items.
  • cherrysweatr - I also would love to see an old-style event with a greater emphasis on benevolence, such as dropping gifts into your neighbours' towns.
  • I'd like to see the game change-up the returning items they bring back for events a little bit more. There are lots of things that show up all the time while there is still a lot of content left unavailable for a very long time. Some of it hasn't been seen since its initial release.
  • one or more Monorail Stations that can be placed on the sea, and monorail tracks that can be placed on the beaches,

The monorail track already can be placed on the beaches. Because of the sharp drop off in the sea, the height of the support columns is prohibitive. We know that there is a deep drop off just past the beaches because whales and the submersible can dive just off the coast. And I don’t want to imagine the track alignment if you went around the first set of mountains. I would rather see smaller “sub” stations with random stops by the monorail.
  • I'd like to see the game change-up the returning items they bring back for events a little bit more. There are lots of things that show up all the time while there is still a lot of content left unavailable for a very long time. Some of it hasn't been seen since its initial release.

For the love of Pete, please change up the vault at least a little bit. I wont get crazy and ask for new friend prizes, or road to riches tasks, or and other madness like that, just some different vault prizes will suffice! Please!
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • Guys, I’m only going to say this once. Leave the politics out of this forum. Stay on topic, keep it game oriented, respect one another or else the hammer will have to come out. Thank you

But they gave us presidents and the republican headquarters! :p:)>:)>:)
  • 4junk3000 wrote: »

I don't judge minority groups based on actions of members of those groups. That's bigotry. I assumed all Simpsons fans were capable of holding individuals accountable for their actions, rather than blaming a group. Perhaps not. That's sad.
    But we, TSTO players, are a minority group, when compared to the entire gaming community.
    Assuming that all TSTO fans would have a like minded thought on something as devisive as thinking as a group is not going to happen. Individuals don’t think alike, that’s what makes them individuals.
    We can’t even decide what to call ourselves!
  • 2018 LOW: The "glitch". I refuse to relinquish 9+ months of time, effort and energy simply because EA refuses to fix it any other way except for a rollback or template town. Its the closest I've come to quitting for good. I'm resigned to playing a gimped, flawed game for as long as it exists. They have no intention of fixing. And not a hint of remorse. It is sickening.

2018 HIGH: Santa's Little Helper.

• nmd6 wrote: »
    This exclusion talk is nonsense. I don't see them outraged at Christmas which is a Christian 'festival'. Will they be asking for it to be scrapped as an event as it 'excludes' non Christians? Of course not.
    It's like the bar room bores who say 'I'm not racist/homophobic as some of my best friends are black/gay BUT...…..'

Er, no, it's not. Because I'd say the same about an autism event, and I am autistic.
    The Real Dalekbuster523, Coming Soon to Nethersphere Online
  • The High best one for me was the zoo.
  • GarfieldBorg
    8 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    one or more Monorail Stations that can be placed on the sea, and monorail tracks that can be placed on the beaches,

The monorail track already can be placed on the beaches. Because of the sharp drop off in the sea, the height of the support columns is prohibitive. We know that there is a deep drop off just past the beaches because whales and the submersible can dive just off the coast. And I don’t want to imagine the track alignment if you went around the first set of mountains. I would rather see smaller “sub” stations with random stops by the monorail.

The monorail tracks can't be placed on all parts of the beaches, and that would need to be fixed in order to connect the tracks on land with tracks that can be placed on the sea. As for the sharp drop in the Springfield Heights part of the beaches, all that EA has to do is create a special track (like they did with the tunnels through the mountains) that functions similar to the escalator. And the alignment of the tracks would not be that big and scary of an issue as it might seem to you (especially if EA extends the further away from the land), at least, not for me, anyways, because I just recently had to do a major track realignment in order to accomodate some new tracks that I was placing (which was a pain and very time consuming, so EA needs to create a special track that makes it easier for players to compensate for misaligned tracks that cannot be easily realigned). All you would have to do is place a monorail station on the sea in front of the mountains, and dodging the whales and the submersible would easy because I said (which you did not quote) that I want the tracks to be on "the boardwalk tiles, the pier tiles, and the sea". Also, I, too, want smaller "sub" stations, but I didn't mention them in my previous post because I wasn't counting them as being among my top choices of things that I want to see the game. As I had said before, a complete list of everything that I want to see in the game will be posted on my blog as soon as possible.
    Post edited by GarfieldBorg on
  • @GarfieldBorg apologies, but I stopped reading at "all that EA has to do is create a special track" because that's pure fantasy talk.
    Whoa, whoa, whoa – I only accept cash, bitcoin, or GameStop stock.
  • @frosted1414 I accept your apology, but how is "creating a special track" pure fantasy talk? I will admit that the odds of EA doing something like that are not in my favor, but it is very possible for EA to do what I'm saying. All that is needed for EA to do that is enough customer feedback to give their game developers the idea to create it. After all, how much of the existing content for "The Simpsons Tapped Out" was influenced by customer feedback? That's a question that you should think about.
  • Creating content for profit and creating content for our convenience are two completely different things. Weve been asking for things like this for a long time (specifically a piece to mace the adjustment/correction for the mountain tunnel) and I dont see them ever doing either (your request or the tunnel request) especially this late in the game
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.