EA Forums - Banner

How did you guys get so far?

Replies

• 4junk3000
    5491 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I've been playing since the second Halloween event.
    I've never spent any money.
    For YEARS i ignored farming.

Eventually i read far too many threads discussing the bonus multiplier. So i shifted my approach a bit, and have since been seeking out any and all items that increase my bonus, at a value of around 20 donuts per percent - unless it's some big ticket item that'll make it jump. In this vault, i bought 4 motorcycles and a whale, as example.

Once my bonus was at 500%, i realized that i could keep the xp collider running continually without a loss.

Then i started KEM farming. It hasn't even been a year yet.
    I do 3 crops of KEMs a day, not very consistently at all.

Now I'm at 740%. At this level, every 12 KeMs earns a level up-donut box.

And i despise that mystery box. People say it's good, but i think it's evil and want no part of it! And I've never had anything like this hideousness in my town:qt98DjW.jpg

PRO TIP: commit to playing the game for a long time and you'll be much happier. I read every day, someone who rushes the game with donuts, is bored again. Boo hoo; they gamed themselves if they indulged to the point the game isn't fun anymore. Just like drinking too much.

Keep calm and tap on.
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • As everyone else has said before this, KEM farms and Mystery boxes are the way to go. I played for years and saw the posts but didn’t get it. I slowly chipped away at my percentage, when I saw a good item on sale or that I wanted with a percentage. I felt like I wanted to save donuts for “must have” items. Eventually I tried KEMing with the multiplier on and my eyes were opened.

When you KEM with the multiplier on, you should easily get your 10 day cost back. Eventually, you get it back quicker. I make the 25 donut cost back now in my first round collection. I was at 700% at Halloween and am over 1000% now - and I even took some time off from the game in that span. One of the things I like about this current event is that there aren’t many interesting things to buy, so I easily throw my donuts into the Mystery boxes.

It took me a while to “buy into” the idea of Mystery boxes, but believe the hype. It is an investment into your future donut security.
  • 4junk3000 wrote: »
    I've been playing since the second Halloween event.
    I've never spent any money.
    For YEARS i ignored farming.

Eventually i read far too many threads discussing the bonus multiplier. So i shifted my approach a bit, and have since been seeking out any and all items that increase my bonus, at a value of around 20 donuts per percent - unless it's some big ticket item that'll make it jump. In this vault, i bought 4 motorcycles and a whale, as example.

Once my bonus was at 500%, i realized that i could keep the xp collider running continually without a loss.

Then i started KEM farming. It hasn't even been a year yet.
    I do 3 crops of KEMs a day, not very consistently at all.

Now I'm at 740%. At this level, every 12 KeMs earns a level up-donut box.

And i despise that mystery box. People say it's good, but i think it's evil and want no part of it! And I've never had anything like this hideousness in my town:qt98DjW.jpg

PRO TIP: commit to playing the game for a long time and you'll be much happier. I read every day, someone who rushes the game with donuts, is bored again. Boo hoo; they gamed themselves if they indulged to the point the game isn't fun anymore. Just like drinking too much.

Keep calm and tap on.

I hid all of my news vans and billboards behind buildings.
  • The most impactful way to get far is to follow the forum. I cannot begin to tell you how many important tips and tricks have been shared over the years by the good people here.

Follow the forum.
    "I gave him a couple of blintzes to paint my fence but he never did it! "
  • 4junk3000 wrote: »

Keep calm and tap on.

Kind of like the people who complain the first or second day of a event saying it sucks. Spoiled** Maybe if they go with the flow with the content they wouldn't get their panties in a bunch.
  • Level 939 and I've been playing since November 2013.
  • I meant, I've been playing since 2012.
  • kromkromkrom
    476 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    We got the last level-up 60-939 in May 2016. I just looked at a screen shot on my phone dated a year after that and it showed my game at level 939. It didn't take me a year though, and probably closer to weeks rather than months. I didn't have house farms and my multiplier was around 500 or less, but I had the XP Collider on all the time. 25 donuts for ten days pays itself back so quickly, it's worth keeping it on.

Q. I'm curious about the players who like designing, but are thwarted by the item limit while at the same time having a humongous multiplier. Why not trim down the multipliers?

Post edited by kromkromkrom on
  • nmd6
    159 posts Member
    Step 1: KEM farmr88fArf.png
    DHdghdf.jpg
    Step 2: Burns Mystery BoxnDv89iF.png
    qt98DjW.jpg

Is there a hidden multiplier on lard lads? Why do you have so many out? Is it purely for the income?
  • @nmd6 you also get Lard Lads in the mystery box. Like a house farm they can generate income for you. At this point I have more in storage then out :)
    Whoa, whoa, whoa – I only accept cash, bitcoin, or GameStop stock.
  • Playing it regular for 6 years, you soon get very far!
    iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone XR (Red product)
  • I can only echo what everyone else is saying: just stick to it. I've been playing since the first Halloween event (fall 2012, I think...) and still enjoy the game. You'll catch up :-D
  • My only goal is to get to 1000% I'm at 800% now, so hopefully soon!
  • My only goal is to get to 1000% I'm at 800% now, so hopefully soon!

I found 800 to 1000 markedly quicker and easier than 600 to 800
  • I remember the two things that really got me to where I am now is when they let us craft multiplier items for free a few years ago. The first was the Tennis Courts for Springfield Heights currency, and the second was the Halloween they let us craft Wailing Walls. That's what took my multiplier from about 100% to about 400%, which was enough to really start farming donuts effective.

Before that I remember it taking what seemed like months to save up for the cash aspirationals like the Sit-N-Rotate. Of course, the regular 1-2 million level updates they did back then would always set me back a couple of weeks every time they dropped.
  • toddestan wrote: »
    I remember the two things that really got me to where I am now is when they let us craft multiplier items for free a few years ago. The first was the Tennis Courts for Springfield Heights currency, and the second was the Halloween they let us craft Wailing Walls. That's what took my multiplier from about 100% to about 400%, which was enough to really start farming donuts effective.

Before that I remember it taking what seemed like months to save up for the cash aspirationals like the Sit-N-Rotate. Of course, the regular 1-2 million level updates they did back then would always set me back a couple of weeks every time they dropped.

Yes! I made out like a bandit with those wailing walls. There are some items I purchased with donuts that I wish had multipliers instead of Vanity Bonuses.
  • How do blood mobiles earn donuts?
  • beastlymm wrote: »
    How do blood mobiles earn donuts?

@beastlymm Like KEM farming, they give you XP to level up. It's instant (no 4 hours wait) but more expensive than KEMs. Good if you have lots of IGC
  • simpsonare
    2305 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    After the butterfly gardens came I was getting donuts quicker. I had donuts which I decided to use all on my multiplier with the mystery box. I think I got 400-600% that event. I already had a decent multiplier. But hitting that got my flow a bit more loose. Thats why the forums are important. They will help in your favor sometimes. I didn't even know about it either until someone out right said it. People were side stepping the butterfly gardens. I thought who cares about that. Then a thread was made and I got a piece of the pie also.
  • I notice that some people have acquired all of the available land. I'm not even close. How was that possible? Until Golden Goose Realty, the only way you could get land tokens was during an event, which limited to 3-6 tokens around once a month. So how did people get all the land so quickly? Was it Krustyland conversions?