EA Forums - Banner

I missed out on GG Realty

Replies

• If I had seen it gave out land tokens I would have bought it in a split second. I had no idea. It is nothing to do with hesitation.

I don't tend to peruse the forums a lot outside of major events. These little mini events have no tactics at all, so I barely looked at the forum to notice what this building did. As lucienleon519 said, it wasn't particularly well advertised. It is my own fault yes, but I dont think the game did a good job of bringing attention to it. And I don't see any reason why it is limited time.

Making an item limited time is an advertising technique to add pressure to your decision making process. Think along the lines of exactly what you are seeing here: "Buy XXX item by XXX date or you may NEVER see it again"

Disclaimer: I'm not taking one side or the other, nor is it my intent to rub salt in your wound. Just adding some food for thought to the discussion
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • edy4bjwt5ydl.png
    It'll probably be back sooner than later.
  • Your lack of interest isn't at the fault of EA tbh.
  • Making an item limited time is an advertising technique to add pressure to your decision making process. Think along the lines of exactly what you are seeing here: "Buy XXX item by XXX date or you may NEVER see it again"

Disclaimer: I'm not taking one side or the other, nor is it my intent to rub salt in your wound. Just adding some food for thought to the discussion
    I do get that - its just something so important it just feels a little bit unfair to be limited time. It's arguably the most important building they have released in years. 150 donuts seems very under-priced to me.

Making it limited time might force people to purchase donuts I guess, but a lot of people are capable of generating donuts pretty quickly these days.

I appreciate people saying I am over reacting, but even just being on the forum is making me mad. I cant stand playing the game knowing I could have unlocked ALL the land! I was just hanging round today to see if anyone had any inkling it would come back soon, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

simpsonare - I do follow the game on facebook but that post must have passed me by, I have too many other pages and groups on facebook to notice everything. I hope you are right with the sooner rather than later. But I suspect it will be 6 months, at least.

I'm done for a bit, will have a break and see how I feel in the future. Adios.
  • simpsonare wrote: »
    Your lack of interest isn't at the fault of EA tbh.

True dat. :/
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • giphy.gif
  • simpsonare wrote: »
    Your lack of interest isn't at the fault of EA tbh.

Of course it is.
  • This is why you should never dwaddle or waffle on about getting a building, or a character. I can see why people would be hesitant to spend actual money for characters.

But, anything that costs donuts to buy, should be imperatively weighed as more important. Especially something like this building. Giving out land tokens, something intensely desired and coveted by the playerbase.

You may think I'm being rude or something, and if so, I apologize. But, the building was in the Store for about 2 1/2 weeks. You can say "That's not a lot of time!", and I would respectfully disagree with you.

This is a cautionary tale. If there's something in the store, and you really want it, don't even hesitate to think about it. Just buy it.

If I had seen it gave out land tokens I would have bought it in a split second. I had no idea. It is nothing to do with hesitation.

I don't tend to peruse the forums a lot outside of major events. These little mini events have no tactics at all, so I barely looked at the forum to notice what this building did. As lucienleon519 said, it wasn't particularly well advertised. It is my own fault yes, but I dont think the game did a good job of bringing attention to it. And I don't see any reason why it is limited time.

I understand your trepidation, and that you were unsure about the buildings crafting output. I'm not sure if the game actually let the player know they could buy this building, since I bought mine straight away.
    Trying to control the horizontal & the vertical. Do not adjust your TV.
  • If you're getting mad at a game maybe it really is time to move on.
  • you at ea
    627.png
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • I feel like Jay G and Goosius should have a visual task in front of the realty office.
  • Self torment is the ultimate torment.
  • Making an item limited time is an advertising technique to add pressure to your decision making process. Think along the lines of exactly what you are seeing here: "Buy XXX item by XXX date or you may NEVER see it again"

I do get that - its just something so important it just feels a little bit unfair to be limited time. It's arguably the most important building they have released in years. 150 donuts seems very under-priced to me.

Making it limited time might force people to purchase donuts I guess, but a lot of people are capable of generating donuts pretty quickly these days.

I appreciate people saying I am over reacting, but even just being on the forum is making me mad. I cant stand playing the game knowing I could have unlocked ALL the land! I was just hanging round today to see if anyone had any inkling it would come back soon, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

simpsonare - I do follow the game on facebook but that post must have passed me by, I have too many other pages and groups on facebook to notice everything. I hope you are right with the sooner rather than later. But I suspect it will be 6 months, at least.

bye bye
    I love my computer...all my friends live in it

i get that you're bummed you missed out, regardless of fault. i even get that temporary feeling of wanting to rage quit and stop playing. what i don't get is the need to jump on a public platform and let it be known to the world that you are hanging it up. did you think that would play out well on a forum dedicated to dedicated tappers? or were you just hoping for a bit of sympathy from others in your shoes?
    if you hard. then you hard.
  • I got caught when I bought 2 pieces of the top corner 9 and no more land tokens now from the realty building. Do I feel wronged? Sure do. Can I do anything about it. No, other than hope ea fixes it. I still have unpurchased land. But I'm not quitting over it.
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • Since you are leaving, can I have your stuff?
  • Since you are leaving, can I have your stuff?

Well, we're not helping him move, that's for sure.
  • wasn't land tokens supposed to be part of the daily rewards too? That sucks he's leaving, he'll miss out even more. lol
  • EA should've made it an item neighbours can steal.