EA Forums - Banner

The big reveal: the new feature added!

Replies

• Here's mine.

2wzqxoc3s5k2.jpg
  • lucienleon519
    1066 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I didn't realise what a great feature this would end up being as far as community goes - I love seeing so many other towns that otherwise would've remained invisible.

• aabcampos wrote: »
    The game took about 4 minutes to generate the picture of my town at my S8 phone.

I have almost all land.

The image has 39MB

I love it !

I have an S8 also and mine took ~maybe~ a minute and mine was 38MB. I wonder why the time difference is so big.

I have an S8 +, it took me 15 mins to generate and the final size was 25MB.
  • zmv0o5pog4vd.png

Excuse the mass of vans and boards. My fave part is the zoo.
  • lucienleon519
    1066 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Voila...

hk5av9eogmw6.png

• This is mine as of 26 Jan 2019. I also posted in the showcase thread.

AkQcd9l.jpg
  • I posted mine over in the official Portait thread in Showcase.
    ~Always be Designing~
    Don't increase the Item Limit? Then I don't play. Period.
  • Look at all of that beautiful unopened land in the ocean. Give us more water EA!
  • Hello Everyone!
    This thread is for the discussion of the current town portrait state. I'd like to know what you think about it. With all new things digitally, there is a chance for flaws. With the current town viewer images clip and the resolution is not in its prisitine state. Below are images from my town that has clipping.qtm4t5lnn95d.png
    wmzc0lxainra.png

I know myself that I'd want a option of the image quality in original form. I believe a option for med (original) and high resolution should be available. Some people have said that it has not worked at all for them. Please share any errors you may experience.

I want to frame my photo from Vista Print in a 24x36. This is not a option because of the resolution degradation when zooming in and image clipping. The town portrait is a fantastic feature. But I am hoping for something more polished. I'm curious if you are also. z4vya0tva390.jpg
    2cptkjk.png
  • I agree. I noticed those issues when I took a photo of my town. I imagine the feature will be tweeked in the future.
  • They could offer the option of a print on demand. You pick that option, they send you small res image to proof, you ok it, and then get mailed a 24x36 print. For real money of course.
  • That would be great if https://www.ea.com/games/the-simpsons/the-simpsons-tapped-out website offered a print of our town. With the town portrait made it is that much closer to possible. They could allow you to upload your town portrait to the site. Then from there request for a print. With this the town portrait would need some revision though with resolution and image clipping. The photo for download would remain standard definition so the high quality print remains with EAs connection. Then the photo itself would need stretched. Im not certain of the process but I think you pin the middle of the original dimension and pull out the edges. This way your town is not miles away. So that you can see your town better on a poster. It's another addition of the revenue to EA and The Simpsons Tapped Out specifically.
  • Does anyone know how we can VIEW the snapshot we can now take of our towns ? I can't seem to find it lol
  • Does anyone know how we can VIEW the snapshot we can now take of our towns ? I can't seem to find it lol

It should be with the rest of your photos on your phone/tablet.
  • BLITZDonuts
    199 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Not enough space they say:

3.5GB free space on my phone.

Seriously, put the limit to 1GB. How much free space do I need for a 50MB PNG file ?
  • @simpsonare I was mighty disappointed when I zoomed in to my portrait and realised how clipped/warped it was up close. Though I'm still grateful for the whole town view, and more than willing to wait for the feature to be tweaked. I'm in no hurry, especially as I still have a dumping ground of items I haven't managed to design yet :D
  • I've never been able to zoom out very far, which has really hampered my town design.

Gonna print it out Monday and start designing. I'm excited. Think I've just fallen back in love with the game!
  • joniferous wrote: »
    @simpsonare I was mighty disappointed when I zoomed in to my portrait and realised how clipped/warped it was up close. Though I'm still grateful for the whole town view, and more than willing to wait for the feature to be tweaked. I'm in no hurry, especially as I still have a dumping ground of items I haven't managed to design yet :D

I agree. It is nice to view the whole town for designing purposes. Its ok for sharing. For saving is not that great of a condition yet.
  • It seems like it's the limitations of our various devices causing the differences in resolution quality. Would be nice if they could save it to something we could access on the web with a real computer. There could even be a time limit - just long enough for us to access and save it. Still, it's awesome even if it isn't all that pretty.
  • to shift images on Google photos is useful to recover space