EA Forums - Banner

Will the monorail be anything other than decorative?

Prev1
So my Springfield is massive. It’s gotten to a point where whenever I start a new event it takes my characters five to six minutes to walk to a location for a six second task. How great would it be if the monorail acted like a sort of teleporter(like the actual teleporters) where characters would use it to get from point A to point B faster?

Replies

• It would be great but at this point they really haven't done much since the monorail event so doubt they will do anything now as they tend to give up once the idea is out there. Look at Road to Riches items and Springfield Heights, they just gave up on them.
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking. Don't forget about the Springfield Showcase
  • But then look what they did with Krustyland...
  • Just go to your friends list, and the task will start
    Missing Character: The Barbarian
  • But then look what they did with Krustyland...

Took a very long time though.
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking. Don't forget about the Springfield Showcase
  • @brentjwarner there are bus stops already from the secret agents event. Not sure they would ever involve character teleporting though.
  • I am a huge fan of the monorail and have wanted enhancements for ages. There is sooo much possibility.

-pairs of tunnels where the train disappears and seems to go underground and appears at the other end, like the tunnels.
    -Loops for the end of single runs
    -T X and Y tracks and 45 degree curves
    -Mini stops or tracks that cause the same stop as a station
    -lower tracks and the joining ramp tracks
    - Skins
    - long straight tracks, 3 to 5 times the length of a current long track that count as ONE ITEM
    - Station bases, where the train goes through the base, and you can put a building on top
    Yes I would pay donuts for any of these!
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • Frink maglev rails as an upgrade and laser confinement fields as a windbreaker for the trains. When you have incomplete tracks the train crashes.
  • I want a subway entry. The railing stairs etc. I've personally done nothing with my monorail. If I had more track peices I would maybe use it. But I'm not really interested in the recycling. Maybe I should get lisas plant.
  • How about they just frigging run?
  • surefirein93
    233 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    The monorail is (from my limited perspective) the best thing in the whole game. My town is built around the monorail, not the other way 'round. I have something like 5000+ rail sections with about 2500+ in storage. The system has 3 trains running non-stop and all I would wish for is a couple more stations so I can have 5 trains active. Lisa's Recycling plant is a good investment if you plan to enlarge your monorail. It produces all day long with no real cost involved but the other plants are where you can generate the most track provided you keep all the available characters working 24/7. More stations, please, EA!
    Post edited by surefirein93 on
    Level 939 (and holding)
    Yes, I'm a real fantasy author!
  • Castiel19x wrote: »
    It would be great but at this point they really haven't done much since the monorail event so doubt they will do anything now as they tend to give up once the idea is out there. Look at Road to Riches items and Springfield Heights, they just gave up on them.

How about friend points?
  • Gary_A_D wrote: »
    How about they just frigging run?

I have zero problems with them running. What's happening to you?
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • I really like the monorail. It keeps expanding as my town does. My biggest complaint is that I now have over 300 curved track and no straight track. I need more straight track! Can we have a track exchange?
  • I remember a time when people here were pining for the Monorail... now I see more people complaining about it than anything else.

Just like how many of us dreamed of KL being a part of SF, once it happened it just wasnt enough for some people...

I'm happy with both.
    "I gave him a couple of blintzes to paint my fence but he never did it! "
  • I'm happy with how the monorail works etc, though I would love to have a couple more stations and some way of getting my curved track exchanged for straight!
  • simpsonare wrote: »
    I want a subway entry. The railing stairs etc. I've personally done nothing with my monorail. If I had more track peices I would maybe use it. But I'm not really interested in the recycling. Maybe I should get lisas plant.

I would love a subway addition to the monorail to connect to the new land without having to make corridors through my existing town. And the subway could go underwater to connect Springfield Heights!

Yes, I have mountain tunnels but they are too big and would ruin my existing town.
  • Willy9292 wrote: »
    I am a huge fan of the monorail and have wanted enhancements for ages. There is sooo much possibility.

-pairs of tunnels where the train disappears and seems to go underground and appears at the other end, like the tunnels.
    -Loops for the end of single runs
    -T X and Y tracks and 45 degree curves
    -Mini stops or tracks that cause the same stop as a station
    -lower tracks and the joining ramp tracks
    - Skins
    - long straight tracks, 3 to 5 times the length of a current long track that count as ONE ITEM
    - Station bases, where the train goes through the base, and you can put a building on top
    Yes I would pay donuts for any of these!

Great ideas. My #1 is bigger monorail pieces to save on the item limit. I'd also like smaller stations and skins. A monorail skin could turn the monorail into a train. The skins could be basic color changes, or creative ones for Christmas and Halloween.