EA Forums - Banner

Missing crafting

Prev1
Never thought I’d say this but I’m really missing crafting. We have new buildings but nothing new or dedicated to decorate them with. I’m really at a loss as to know how to design this event. Maybe crafting wasn’t so bad after all!!
I love my computer...all my friends live in it

Replies

• I do not miss crafting at all.
  • Kinda boring without anything extra to do.
    Nuking is always the answer
  • BLITZDonuts
    194 posts Member
    edited February 3
    I don't. Lately, the items had become too expensive to produce from the latest events and when I was getting late, I could make only 1/2 copies per that item and when I think about it, those items that I needed the most or fond to them, those where the most expensive to produce between 1000-2000 points. My personal life wasn't not the cause, because before this high requirements I still had the possibility to make without issues.

Here, now, I'm getting items through story without too much sweat. I'm never late because all the stories don't expire anymore up until when the last day of the event is over, sending more characters on different stories at once. I can get all the items from story 4 and still have time to get those from stories 1-2-3 that I got left to obtain.

As for decorations, now you can buy how many you want once they are being unlocked through the story.
  • Didn’t mind the crafting when you could get what you wanted. Hated it when you had to get stuff you did not want just to progress.
  • smohqy
    2099 posts Member
    I miss crafting too. New walls, trees, bushes, etc. Crafting kept me far more engaged in the game. I’d log in more, and try to accumulate as much crafting currency as possible. I really enjoyed my End-of-Event shopping sprees, spending all the excess currency in the final hours. I’m already done with this mini event’s act, and I’ll just log in every twelve hours to get my land token.
  • 1pillform
    1960 posts Member
    edited February 3
    I also miss crafting, I admit. Mostly for the decorations. This event not seeing any decorations unless you count the old ones that I already got hundreds of....was hoping to see new ones this year.
    ~Always be Designing~
  • Glad it’s gone. At least for awhile. They needed to switch things up, and they did.
  • I think of crafting and I think of the additional stress it added to events in trying to work out how much crafting currency was ever going to be enough to pick up what I wanted.

I also think about having to pick up a bunch of useless items just to progress through the crafting menu.

But mostly I think about how cool my football stadium would look with an additional two double bleachers.
  • smohqy wrote: »
    I miss crafting too. New walls, trees, bushes, etc. Crafting kept me far more engaged in the game. I’d log in more, and try to accumulate as much crafting currency as possible. I really enjoyed my End-of-Event shopping sprees, spending all the excess currency in the final hours. I’m already done with this mini event’s act, and I’ll just log in every twelve hours to get my land token.

Well said, and you speak for us both. @smohqy
    This is our last dance. This is ourselves under pressure.
  • I don't miss crafting, didn't care much for it.
    Do not add me as a friend in the game anymore as I rarely visit my friends' towns. Not adding anymore too
  • So much. And so many other things.

I just hope they change it to be a little closer to "normal" (relatively speaking).
  • It feels very disjointed when I'm not doing anything event-related for 4 or 5 days while waiting for the next stage to go live. I don't necessarily miss crafting, but I wish there was something to do in between content releases during this current event format.
  • I liked crafting before they made it so freaking hard and complicated. I would like old-style crafting -- no exorbitant pricing, no leveling up, no bonus areas. Just gimme the currency and let me spend it. Done.
  • I liked crafting before they made it so freaking hard and complicated. I would like old-style crafting -- no exorbitant pricing, no leveling up, no bonus areas. Just gimme the currency and let me spend it. Done.

I despise the bonus area. Its just seems to me like an unnecessary complication.
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.

In the last several events that had crafting the few decorations I really wanted were the hardest grind to get. I am happy to be relieved of that stress, but I do miss when crafting was easier.
  • I miss the old style crafting. I loved getting new decorations to put in my town and it gave me something to strive for. This is the most boring main event in all six years of playing.
  • I miss the old style crafting. I loved getting new decorations to put in my town and it gave me something to strive for. This is the most boring main event in all six years of playing.

I agree with most of what you said, but for me this one takes a back seat to Halloween 2017, and the event that shall never be mentioned...
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • Really hope the next event has something extra to do.
    Nuking is always the answer
  • Castiel19x wrote: »
    Really hope the next event has something extra to do.

Fully agree with you.

I agree. I’m not even reading the text as I read it in the walkthrough. I am seriously missing new decorations. The prizes just seem disjointed items that do not link in any way.

I love my computer...all my friends live in it