EA Forums - Banner

"Buy Milk" Daily Challenge Glitch (and like glitches...)

2Next

Replies

• btw mods are just ppl like us that check. only admins can see them if possible. mods are unpaid fan people that got to the top basicly but have no need to tell ea that those exists. hell many times they discover and share them lol
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • btw mods are just ppl like us that check. only admins can see them if possible. mods are unpaid fan people that got to the top basicly but have no need to tell ea that those exists. hell many times they discover and share them lol

And... Of all the boards I have been on, we have a great set of mods!!!
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • This is a good reminder for people though that not all sites have an ethical admin. Take a critical look at things the admin does in general and use that to decide if you think they are ethical or not.
  • Just to clarify my point, I'm not referring to a person with admin or mod access reading PMs. I'm referring to what's stated in the privacy agreement. EA uses technology such as analytics to improve their products and gather information about how users are using their products. It does not state that the forum is included or excluded from this list of products. It also states that social interactions such as chats are included in data that is analyzed by this technology. Also, not stating whether this is just game chats or includes forums.

My point is that we cannot assume the information cannot or will not be accessed as we agree to its use for the purposes outlined in the agreement. And it may be accessed by scripts rather than directly by people. Whether they actually use analytics on the forum isn't something that will be divulged to us, however we consent to its use by using one of their products.

Just saying the technology exists and we have agreed to its use. Beyond that we can't assume anything.
  • Willy9292 wrote: »
    How do you figure ea has access to pms.

Really. You have to ask? PM's are stored in the forum database. The forum is a web site based on Vanilla Forums. Everything is stored in a database. It's simple for an admin level person to access that database. It's also easy to script searches that look for key words. Everything done or posted or pm'd is stored. It's the same in every forum package, whether cloud or PHP based.
    You think messages sent through social media are private and not stored?
    It's the world we live in. You don't put online what you don't want known.

I do admin a smf forum, i cannot read pm's from others to others. I realize those are stored on a database. Just a thought of maybe they are in fact private, but no one can be certain obviously. I am not that naiev. Just defending myself a bit.
  • Well I was rehearsing a play.

Anyway almost sounds like too much bother and like cheating.