EA Forums - Banner

PETITION: Inventory Indexer *PLEASE SHOW YOUR SUPPORT*

Replies

• simpsonare wrote: »
    @0Brooders0 Doesn't sound like a glitch I'd want to have lol. Who rallied that one lol.

I found it quite nice for designing. I have a gap in the mountains for roads to go through as well as the tunnels.
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • [quote="Willy9292;c-2049439"][quote="camihendo1;c-2049420"]Nuked my town the other day, Total nightmare to put it all back together with the inventory being the way it is. I have too many buildings/items from past events that don’t really fit my town but i’m unable to sell them.[/quote]

So why do you have to sell them not just leave them in inventory?
    [/quote]

Its clogged with stuff i just don’t need, It was more meant to point to a suggestion another poster mentioned that you could put stuff in a trash bin that wasn’t worth keeping and clogging too much space.
    @0Brooders0 Doesn't sound like a glitch I'd want to have lol. Who rallied that one lol.

More accurately, you could actuall "erase" some or all of the mountain range between Springfield proper and Springfield Heights.
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.

More accurately, you could actuall "erase" some or all of the mountain range between Springfield proper and Springfield Heights.
    i was scared they’d come back and loose items placed, so wishing that would happen again lol

fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • 4junk3000
    5232 posts Member
    edited February 16
    74hands wrote: »
    I’m going to be a slight dissenter here. If you want that, I’m good with it and more power to you, but I really don’t think I’d use it personally, simply because of the way thEAy name some of the things, as shown in the OP.

For instance, if you were looking for an ice sculpture, would you remember it starts with a C? Carved ice sculpture? Which by the way is a redundant term - of course it’s carved, it’s a sculpture.

If you were looking for a bird bath, would you remember to look under C because it had a cherub?

/returns to lurk mode

I'm sure there's plenty of examples where using an index wouldn't be the best tool for a search. That's obviously not the time to use it.

This isn't a replacement system, it's a very simple supplement to implement, which was my focus in making the request. You're welcome to scroll through MISC anytime you want an ice sculpture

So while looking for things you don't know the name to, might be inappropriate use of an INDEX, looking for something you DO know the name, and it starts with Z, we'll I'm pretty much certain you'll find it convenient. Particularly if you're placing dozens of a variety of them, like trees.

When making a positive suggestion, I appreciate all the suggestions to ADD to it, which would be great if EA did all we asked. I already said I'd like a search bar. I'll SETTLE for the THIS. But every change to code can affect other parts of the game as well as need tailoring for device variations. Just triggering your keyboard to enable itself so you can type in that search bar, requires more code that interacts w more parts of your device. That's why I follow the K.I.S.S. method, and keep it simple.

But I do enjoy the discussion about it. We could build a great upgrade pkg if they used us as a focus group.

Hopefully we can maintain enthusiasm for the thread in the same way the thread for the collection tool was. Anyone still remember that one? It had a daily counter in the subject line. That's dedication. And it got us the IRS building, which is one of the best additions to the game.
    Who started that thread? Are they here still?
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • So with the mountain glitch, would the removed mountains end up in your inventory? So you could place them elsewhere should you choose to do so?
  • Yes, new inventory system please!
  • Signed.
    ~Always be Designing~
  • this is the number 1 need for me.
  • And for all of us so signed again !
  • Agreed. I’d be all for this addition and would use it frequently.
  • 042eda97526566826c2a318911ffb071.jpg
    :) Is Ok!!!!!
  • Who needs indexed inventory. You can now generate snapshots of your Springfield.
  • Snapshot of your town doesn't help you find an item if it is in inventory
  • Yep, yep, yep, yep, yep!
  • Snapshot of your town doesn't help you find an item if it is in inventory

Oops. I should have simply said “signed.” Sparing the effort of some well framed sarcasm aimed at the game.
  • The snapshot function works great for a lot of people and works for it's intended purpose and was a very wanted feature for many, though obviously not you.
    Remember sarcasm is mostly conveyed by tone and emotion which are difficult to express in just text. You should have used /s at the end or explained more of you position.
  • Would love a less time consuming inventory!
  • I would only support the alphabetical approach if it's within each category, not in place of the categories, and I don't understand why the inventory categories are different than the store categories. Also, I'd like the inventory to stay where I left off...if I decide I want another maple tree after I've just placed several of them, I shouldn't have to go scrolling through all of the nature items to get to it again. I feel like sometimes it does this and sometimes it doesn't...
  • How about making the inventory bigger. Why not have it take up a bigger portion of the screen.