EA Forums - Banner

A Mini Event Sate of Mind. My thoughts on the latest mini event.

stingray1122
8701 posts Member
edited February 27
Okay I just started the mini style full event a few hours ago (or whatever you want to call it) and as others predicted it looks like this new style of event is here to stay or at least for a while. I do not miss crafting like some people do. However I do miss the neighbor interaction of past events like whacking day where you could leave items (in this case snake eggs) in your friends towns. Or the Christmas event where you could open presents in friends towns and be naughty or nice.

I'm enjoying the content with the characters so far like Young Marge and Nikki but the game is missing the friendly neighbor interaction which added to the enjoyment. I don't mind these mini events as a change of pace (like they use to be) but they shouldn't be the only style of events that they have been for a while. I'm guessing EA has gotten tired of coming out with major event after major event. I do appreciate the little down time we now have in between events. The grind to finish an event was a bit much at times but I think the good far outweighed the bad. What are everyone's thoughts?

Lastly what our your thoughts on Juvenile Courthouse and Judge Harm if you purchased her? I know she's not voiced since she was voiced by Jane Kaczmarek.
Post edited by stingray1122 on

Replies

• As long as there's new content I'm happy with what they give.
    Do miss neighbour interaction and crafting for something extra to do.
    Nuking is always the answer
  • I like the mini event format and the 4 week event format as long as there is a good amount of new content and returning content. I agree that an element from full major events could be added to the mini events and 4 week events.

They could have us still tapping buildings or even characters and giving out the standard currencies but the first 10 or 15 neighbours can give out 1 or 2 event currencies each tap (10 or 15 event currencies a day) depending on the totals of prizes.

With Judge Harm, I was initially disappointed that she didn't come with her houseboat instead of the courthouse but she seems like an interesting character. Her houseboat could appear with her seal in the future.
  • This is a standard mini event, not the new multievent. This event is only 2 weeks long so it appears.
  • There's a new minievent? I don't even remember any mention of one this week.
  • As soon as I did the update earlier after Valentines ended, the mini event started. There's no lull inbetween events anymore. One right after the other, and I also miss the interactions with my neighbor's.
  • Gary_A_D wrote: »
    As soon as I did the update earlier after Valentines ended, the mini event started. There's no lull inbetween events anymore. One right after the other, and I also miss the interactions with my neighbor's.

they had a week between VD event end and this started..
  • Gary_A_D wrote: »
    As soon as I did the update earlier after Valentines ended, the mini event started. There's no lull inbetween events anymore. One right after the other, and I also miss the interactions with my neighbor's.

No lull between events? There was a whole week before the mini event started. Was that a joke? I didn't get it :D
    Mini events used to be the downtime for me. The relaxed pace gave me plenty of time to design my town with the new stuff from the main events. Now there's only downtime. Three months of downtime. You don't really notice there's an event going on when there is an event going on. Send the same characters for a four hour job? That was exciting... maybe I'll check back in four hours and do the same. There's just less new content over all. This is the first time I really don't care that we got new land. I wanted a SH update.
    I like my town the way it is, but I'm starting to wish for a reorganization design bug to bite me. Come on, bite me, please, pretty please
  • stingray1122
    8701 posts Member
    edited February 28
    hatchet669 wrote: »
    This is a standard mini event, not the new multievent. This event is only 2 weeks long so it appears.

Yeah it says quests are available till March 12th. So that means the event would be just under 2 weeks long at 13 days total.
  • Honestly I don’t miss the neighbor interaction because most of my neighbors didn’t reciprocate. I made sure I would drop something daily in every active player’s town on my neighbor list and I was lucky if anyone dropped something once during the entire event. I can’t be the only one with sucky neighbors out there.
  • pyesmom381 wrote: »
    Honestly I don’t miss the neighbor interaction because most of my neighbors didn’t reciprocate. I made sure I would drop something daily in every active player’s town on my neighbor list and I was lucky if anyone dropped something once during the entire event. I can’t be the only one with sucky neighbors out there.

I think there might be a thread or two around here somewhere for finding active friends.
  • I really miss the neighbour interaction - what’s the point of just collecting stuff or making a cool town if no one ever visits it?? There were great events in the past where you could leave valentine cards or lob Xmas presents in your neighbor’s town. Now it’s only about stuff land and more stuff. Boring.
  • Jannit99 wrote: »
    I really miss the neighbour interaction - what’s the point of just collecting stuff or making a cool town if no one ever visits it?? There were great events in the past where you could leave valentine cards or lob Xmas presents in your neighbor’s town. Now it’s only about stuff land and more stuff. Boring.

You can always show off your town in the showcase section.
    Nuking is always the answer
  • I kind of wish that at the end of each event or mini-event they would tell us how much of a lull there would be before the next event or mini event will begin. Something like

"We'll be back with more excitement in [two weeks]. BTW, we've spent this morning looking at random towns, and to be frank we're unimpressed with some of them. You know who you are. Now get to work."