EA Forums - Banner

It crashes due to size and complexity, number of friends and server latency/capacity

Replies

• lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Yes this follows what I have worked out as well.The game takes at least 100Mb of memory on my ipad mini, reducing total free memory to about 30% on launch. Scrolling around I realised I could just about play the game if I stuck to less than about 40 game tiles before ducking out to friends or move item mode.

However, now I have a problem in that I cannot switch to normal homer from one of the other homer characters. As soon as i try the game crashes. Since setting my next homer task also does this, I am stuck on a task

I don't know if the homer problem is linked to the other 'complexity' problems, but I'll have a go at removing all my christmas decorations. Failing that, lets hope the snow clears up soon....

Maybe store all your decorations, take care of the Homer task that unlocks whatever you are doing, then put your decorations back? A pain, for sure, but it might be a work around.
  • 111111simpsons
    118 posts
    edited January 2013
    Once the Santa Coin promotion stopped, I was getting somewhat more crashes, and more problematic, the game would often crash when I tapped on Homer, which it hadn't done before. Well, I switched all my houses so they had no Xmas lights, and it moves much faster now, and no crashes. If you still have Xmas lights on your houses, I suggest turning them all off.
  • Romelwashere
    98 posts
    edited January 2013
    I'M TIRED of seeing these CRASHING threads. Not saying to suck it up but try to accept it as it is - I myself have been noticing the stability of my game to be quite weak but what can you do?
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I'M TIRED of seeing these CRASHING threads. Not saying to suck it up but try to accept it as it is - I myself have been noticing the stability of my game to be quite weak but what can you do?

Well, that's a bit harsh.

If you'd bothered to see when this thread was created then you would have seen that it started in October. So it's hardly yet another crashing thread.

The same way it is OK for you to come in here and complain about people complaining, it is OK for them to complain about crashing. In other words, free forum....people can say what they want...and trust me, they will.
  • Romelwashere
    98 posts
    edited January 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:

Well, that's a bit harsh.

If you'd bothered to see when this thread was created then you would have seen that it started in October. So it's hardly yet another crashing thread.

The same way it is OK for you to come in here and complain about people complaining, it is OK for them to complain about crashing. In other words, free forum....people can say what they want...and trust me, they will.

Omg, lol - everyone interprets my posts in a negative way. And i've seen a mixture of other sections [Game Status, Announcements etc.] consistently flooding the forums, its the same concepts as the " adding me thread" but no harshness intended here :) Besides the date, this just reminded me of the other threads regarding the same issue - anyways one peace and happiness :)
  • 111111simpsons
    118 posts
    edited January 2013

If you really want to know "what can do?", just read this thread. I'm not sure why you think it's superfluous when there's plenty of good advice and troubleshooting on minimizing crashes, which sometimes occur frequently enough to completely prevent people from playing until they can fix it.
  • mike6208
    6 posts
    edited January 2013
    Lets flood rome's inbox with our crashing issues. lol
  • Romelwashere
    98 posts
    edited January 2013
    Lmao flood my inbox :) Simpsons, there are solutions but many of which take away from the game play :( such as the removal of precious decorations which in a way seems to counterattack your point :) But anyways, as I stated above - peace love and happiness lol
  • mike6208
    6 posts
    edited January 2013
    Just messin with ya dude lol
  • doctoru2
    291 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I too are having crashing issues, but at this stage I refuse to compromise my town but I have stopped adding to the decorations as I had planned as the stability issues get worst.
    I follow all the tips - scroll slow, after about 10 collections go to friends and return to your Springfield - the synchronization helps.
    Also with Lisa and Homer (and sometimes CBG) I also ensure I synchronize before assigning tasks - it definately has minimized the crashing.
    My land is almost maxed out (1 column and row only not purchased) but once again while wanting to expand, I am not as I don't want to tempt fate and lose my Springfield.

As with other posters, hoping EA addresses the stability issues - they designed the game with a 13 by 13 grid so they need to support the size and people's desire for complexity. It is NOT in their interest for the stability issues to continue- who will purchase donuts if the game crashes every 5 minutes. I would hope that this is there No 1 priority for the next release when the holiday season elapses on Jan 10.

Crashes every 5 minutes? I wish!

SINCE the post-holiday update, my Springfield is ridiculous. Before I was even close to having the money for the two new buildings and before I did any additions, but post-update, my game was crashing constantly. Now, if I just look at a scene - tap on nothing - I get booted.

Oddly enough, my game is now far MORE stable visiting other Springfields. This includes neighbor-eenos that have far more complex towns than I.

I have no idea what to do. I try all the tricks (some of which I discovered on my own) and it's still a nightmare. Shame on EA for releasing such an unstable game. I defended them and love playing, but it's horrific having to log in 10 times or more just assigning tasks to my characters.
  • Jopa79
    357 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I just put 47 deciduous trees and 163 various shrubs into inventory. That's all I could stand to do right now without making my town look too bare. Hopefully it will help with the stability.
  • mike6208
    6 posts
    edited January 2013
    Let us know if that helps, I can't stand the crashing, getting frustrated, would pay ea to fix it.
  • HammyBaconTime
    264 posts
    edited January 2013
    Interesting theory. However since my town has had nothing in it since I took everything out the game has been crashing non stop. Not to many friends. Not too much land bought up. I'm going with the fact that its shoddy coding.
  • lll3lucky
    546 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Interesting theory. However since my town has had nothing in it since I took everything out the game has been crashing non stop. Not to many friends. Not too much land bought up. I'm going with the fact that its shoddy coding.

I don't know much about coding, but I agree with this. For whatever reason we all seem to experience more problems after the snow. Funny thing but not really a joke: It never crashes, for me at least, when I want to buy some darn donuts :evil: :twisted: :roll: :shock:
  • mike6208
    6 posts
    edited January 2013
    I logged off my Springfield, and started playing a new one and no crashing.
  • stuartcurran
    309 posts
    edited April 2013
    My game keeps crashing just before my town loads so I can't get in. Does anyone know how to fix this? I've already tried deleting/reinstalling to no avail.
  • Mjr1124
    654 posts
    edited April 2013
    Try to log in on another device, borrow one if you have to you should only need to once.
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    My game keeps crashing just before my town loads so I can't get in. Does anyone know how to fix this? I've already tried deleting/reinstalling to no avail.

One thing that may help is going online and logging into your origin/client account and deleting pending friend requests as you could have a back log you are unaware off, i deleted over 200 off mine back at xmas which helped my town a little back then.

Not saying this will defo help but worth a try :D
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • stuartcurran
    309 posts
    edited April 2013
    Mjr1124 wrote:
    Try to log in on another device, borrow one if you have to you should only need to once.

Tried this with my iPod touch and that crashed as well :(

And Thanks Neo I'll give it a shot.
  • XScripts
    438 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    iPhone 5S this Summer!!! More Stash Less Crash
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.