EA Forums - Banner

'Send Springfielders.....' The most dreaded words on TSTO

Prev1
nmd6
143 posts Member
I noticed on the most recent event we had a 'send springfielders….' task.

Now I don't mind 'send dimwits/gluttons/celebrities....' tasks but to include one now where we have to send pretty much every character with the present game mechanics is so frustrating.

I'd say a considerable amount of players have now over 300 characters so whenever a task pops where we have to send 5 to complete a part of a task then we have little choice but to send all characters on the task or just have hundreds of characters do nothing for 4 or 8 hours.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a simple way of circumventing this that I'm missing.

Replies

• Willy9292
    1469 posts Member
    You have two options, send them all on the task, which I do as it makes collecting easy, or send 5 and rush them.
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • 168sean168
    3219 posts Member
    My characters are idle all the time as income ceiling hit. I just send five as required
  • 168sean168 wrote: »
    My characters are idle all the time as income ceiling hit. I just send five as required

Same here, once I hit the limit I dont even bother with non-event tasks anymore
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • Willy9292 wrote: »
    You have two options, send them all on the task, which I do as it makes collecting easy, or send 5 and rush them.

Only problem, is sending them all quickly converts anyone with skins to their original skin. This is the only reason I don’t send everyone.
  • Luckily most are 4 hours. So I just let the bulk of characters walk around town. It’s kinda cool since most tasks are indoors so you don’t see the characters. What used to annoy me is now cool to me.
  • JJR2112
    353 posts Member
    I keep all my daily challenges blocked out just to avoid ever getting those. I hate it when it's an unavoidable part of an event and this last one was indeed the worst.
  • This might not work, but might be worth a try. It sounds bizarre, but ... well ...

Suppose you were going about your happy day, planning to use the job manager to send all your characters on their happy little TSTO 8 hour jobs. But suddenly there's a stupid task requiring 5 springfielders to go read comics for 4 hours and you know the job takes place at Androids.

ONE: Store Androids.
    TWO: Send 5 characters to church. (Bear with me.)
    THREE: using your job manager/employment office, select "send all on 8 hour tasks" . Since Androids is stored, the job manager will (I THINK) IGNORE that stupid comic book task and send everyone else on their merry way to their regular 8 hour tasks.
    FOUR: Store the church. This will free the 5 characters you need. They'll be standing in a clump looking around wondering WTH happened to their church. (Pun intended)
    FIVE: take Androids and the church out of storage.
    SIX: Send those 5 to Androids to do the task.

It sounds complicated. It really should only take a few minutes. Really. The secret is to trick job manager by storing the building that it needs for the stupid task.

(Side note: in the scenario above, at the end of Step Five, you'd end up with Reverend Lovejoy and Comic Book Guy wandering free in front of their buildings. You could have counted them to be in the 5. Or not. )
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • 0Brooders0
    2140 posts Member
    ^^ so trying that next time!
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)

What is the income ceiling at the moment? I’m currently at almost $800 million, shooting for a billion.
  • spyder1952850
    830 posts Member
    edited March 6
    This might not work, but might be worth a try. It sounds bizarre, but ... well ...

Suppose you were going about your happy day, planning to use the job manager to send all your characters on their happy little TSTO 8 hour jobs. But suddenly there's a stupid task requiring 5 springfielders to go read comics for 4 hours and you know the job takes place at Androids.

ONE: Store Androids.
    TWO: Send 5 characters to church. (Bear with me.)
    THREE: using your job manager/employment office, select "send all on 8 hour tasks" . Since Androids is stored, the job manager will (I THINK) IGNORE that stupid comic book task and send everyone else on their merry way to their regular 8 hour tasks.
    FOUR: Store the church. This will free the 5 characters you need. They'll be standing in a clump looking around wondering WTH happened to their church. (Pun intended)
    FIVE: take Androids and the church out of storage.
    SIX: Send those 5 to Androids to do the task.

It sounds complicated. It really should only take a few minutes. Really. The secret is to trick job manager by storing the building that it needs for the stupid task.

(Side note: in the scenario above, at the end of Step Five, you'd end up with Reverend Lovejoy and Comic Book Guy wandering free in front of their buildings. You could have counted them to be in the 5. Or not. )

It doesn’t work!
    The game doesn’t equate “don’t have building out” with “remove task from characters”. The building may be stored, but the task for everybody remains. Usually you can’t even use the unemployment office, because the “send everyone” task is still registered as top priority. The task will still be at the top of their list. Not in yellow, but the game still thinks the “send everybody” is active.
    And if the task is for the Quik-E-Mart, it’s worse. You can’t store it.
    Post edited by spyder1952850 on
  • 168sean168
    3219 posts Member
    168sean168 wrote: »

What is the income ceiling at the moment? I’m currently at almost $800 million, shooting for a billion.

Hi it is around 4.29 Billion

$4,294,967,295
  • P-dont
    121 posts Member
    edited March 7
    Sometimes my "send Springfielders" has been glitching on me. After the task is finished all the money and XP are collected, but all the characters are still stuck inside of the building. I can restart the game and recollect the money and XP (that is compounded from what I collected before) I can do this for about a hour, but it gets kind of boring collecting XP and getting Bonuts. The only way to stop the cycle is to sign out and into the game.
  • nmd6 wrote: »
    or just have hundreds of characters do nothing for 4 or 8 hours.

They'll be ok; some fresh air will do them some good.
  • P-dont wrote: »
    Sometimes my "send Springfielders" has been glitching on me. After the task is finished all the money and XP are collected, but all the characters are still stuck inside of the building. I can restart the game and recollect the money and XP (that is compounded from what I collected before) I can do this for about a hour, but it gets kind of boring collecting XP and getting Bonuts. The only way to stop the cycle is to sign out and into the game.

Is it a building you can store? If so, when you want to free your characters from that building, you can simply store the building and they'll all be left standing where it used to be. At least, that's the way it works for me - though I didn't play for a few years and it might have been changed for certain buildings. Someone mentioned above in this thread that the KEM can't be stored, which didn't used to be the case. I used to store it to free Apu from his 7 day task. So that ability to store the KEM must have changed while I was absent. :(

USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • P-dont wrote: »

Is it a building you can store? If so, when you want to free your characters from that building, you can simply store the building and they'll all be left standing where it used to be. At least, that's the way it works for me - though I didn't play for a few years and it might have been changed for certain buildings. Someone mentioned above in this thread that the KEM can't be stored, which didn't used to be the case. I used to store it to free Apu from his 7 day task. So that ability to store the KEM must have changed while I was absent. :(

You can store the KEM, and Apu. I just did it, see below:

cwVSt4q.jpg
    RjOFhFn.jpg
  • P-dont
    121 posts Member
    No the glitch wouldn’t let me store the building. I think the first time was in the Simpson home. The second and third time was the Kwik-e-mart, but I didn’t try to store it that time I just assumed it wouldn’t work.
  • simpsons house is unstorable
    168sean168 wrote: »

Hi it is around 4.29 Billion

Thanks! Looks like I’ve got some tapping to do! :D
  • anaquarind
    1492 posts Member
    rockyb2006 wrote: »
    Willy9292 wrote: »

Only problem, is sending them all quickly converts anyone with skins to their original skin. This is the only reason I don’t send everyone.

They seem to have changed this, the skins seem to stay now. I distinctly remember this happening before, but somewhere along the way it changed so that skins are retained. I just tested this again and it works.
    Always looking to add active forum members! But please PM me first.