EA Forums - Banner

Thank you for the wonderful memories, EA!

Prev13
Personally, I believe the writing is on the wall re: end of content updates for The Simpson's, Tapped Out. It's clear the game is now fully functional as a standalone 'offline' game given the following additions:
>Ability to earn land tokens in-game through GG and/or daily jobs
>EA's recent opening of massive land space (no need for more)
>Ability to generate donuts easily through KEM farming, building purchase, daily jobs etc...
>Ability to now purchase ALL OLD ITEMS for only 30 donuts (perm garage sale) with no coded expiration date (meaning it remains in the game)
>Ability to take a full town portrait to memorialize our SF's
>Ability to clear all buildings w/ a single tap (defeats purpose of 'Tapped Out' to begin w/)
Unfortunately, this is what happens when games are about to be unplugged from service content updates. I'm sure we'll still be able to play offline and download the game to our devices given they recently installed the above features to make the game self-supportable. But, alas, it would logically appear the eventual END is very near. I would also anticipate w/ the end of online/in-game service updates, comes an end to the EA forum etc. It's been clear the game has been slipping in revenue and rankings for a while and given their mini-game releases as of late simply to introduce the above items it further demonstrates the idea it's coming to an end.

In summary, thank you EA for the many years of enjoyable memories. Doubtful I'll continue to play w/o regular services updates but would encourage you to perhaps allow us to add snow, fall perhaps as add-on packs for DL anytime or perhaps some feature to play past major updates? Assume that would create too large of a DL but if doable would be pretty cool. Not trying to be an alarmist, just a realist about how these things happen.

Replies

• Ok...
    giphy.gif
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking. Don't forget about the Springfield Showcase
  • I hope the game remain online because even though we had this 700+ items purchase option recently, I still don't have all the characters and all buildings. EA did not give us all they got yet, just "a lot" but not all!
    "Pop goes the Chupacabra!"
  • I have played since 2012 and wish I had a dollar for every post here predicting this game’s imminent demise. That doesn’t mean it won’t happen but I’m not going to dwell on it. Then again I live in California and “the Big One” (major earthquake) is about 200 years overdue...
  • oh, one of these posts again.
  • Bro, that's a cool story
  • NiTanMal wrote: »
    Personally, I believe the writing is on the wall re: end of content updates for The Simpson's, Tapped Out. It's clear the game is now fully functional as a standalone 'offline' game given the following additions:
    >Ability to earn land tokens in-game through GG and/or daily jobs
    >EA's recent opening of massive land space (no need for more)
    >Ability to generate donuts easily through KEM farming, building purchase, daily jobs etc...
    >Ability to now purchase ALL OLD ITEMS for only 30 donuts (perm garage sale) with no coded expiration date (meaning it remains in the game)
    >Ability to take a full town portrait to memorialize our SF's
    >Ability to clear all buildings w/ a single tap (defeats purpose of 'Tapped Out' to begin w/)
    Unfortunately, this is what happens when games are about to be unplugged from service content updates. I'm sure we'll still be able to play offline and download the game to our devices given they recently installed the above features to make the game self-supportable. But, alas, it would logically appear the eventual END is very near. I would also anticipate w/ the end of online/in-game service updates, comes an end to the EA forum etc. It's been clear the game has been slipping in revenue and rankings for a while and given their mini-game releases as of late simply to introduce the above items it further demonstrates the idea it's coming to an end.

In summary, thank you EA for the many years of enjoyable memories. Doubtful I'll continue to play w/o regular services updates but would encourage you to perhaps allow us to add snow, fall perhaps as add-on packs for DL anytime or perhaps some feature to play past major updates? Assume that would create too large of a DL but if doable would be pretty cool. Not trying to be an alarmist, just a realist about how these things happen.

When I see posts like this, I think to myself.... "My God, is there nothing I won't masturbate to on the internet?"
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6308 posts Moderator
    Gotta love these end of days posts
  • 39v0t1j9lrua.jpeg
    Me....
  • daved7637397
    7234 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Another one post wonder
    A2CcmR7.jpg.....
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • People keep saying that the end is near. That the game is going to die immediately tomorrow.

Well, doomsday prohetizers, the sun rises, and the game is still here.

These kind of threads are getting old. The only thing they're doing is riling us up, not turning our backs.
    Trying to control the horizontal & the vertical. Do not adjust your TV.
  • Like many others, I fail to see how this is the end of times. All these "last hurrah" features are just things that people have been asking for for years that EA finally decided to implement. I see this new mystery box as just a way for the game to refresh, for EA to "nuke" the back catalogue of items they struggle to squeeze into every new event. There are still lots of old items not included in this box, if the game actually were ending, wouldn't it make more sense to include ALL old content? This is just a way for them to stop worrying about trying to conform the events so that old content can be easily included.

There is still so much potential content from the show, the movie, and even the comics that hasn't been added yet. Game companies don't just pull the plug on games that still make money, and that still sit near the top of the charts. This ride ain't over yet.
  • Simpsonares spiderpig sense is tingling...waiting for this dude to comment about this game not ending 😂 lmaoo
  • Simpsonares spiderpig sense is tingling...waiting for this dude to comment about this game not ending 😂 lmaoo

Lol must have been. It'll end when it does. But I doubt it will with years of content still available. See this kind of statement every week now...

Enjoy the game. You obviously don't think the game is going to end or you wouldn't be wasting your time with the game. So stop fear mongering.
  • Well, eventually someone will get it right when they predict the end of the game. But like other years, I've been hearing that since 2012/13.
    Also, don't understand how can anyone say that KEM farming can be a predictor of the end of the game in 2019, when that has been going on for several years now.
  • We are all doooooooomed! :#:D:p
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • @NitaNath25 ... The game isn't going to end. It'll keep going for many years to come. The yearbook mystery box with other 700 items was to help with players to get what they that missed out (mostly for recent players that have been around for the past 2 or 3 years). There are a lot of stuff (also 12 premium stuff that got left out) that didn't get included in the mystery box. The yearbook mystery box is kinda like those Black Friday Mystery Boxes. There will still be mystery boxes in upcoming events during this year and every year.

There is still 30 years of content stuff that haven't been added to the game yet.

Do not add me as a friend in the game anymore as I rarely visit my friends' towns. Not adding anymore too
  • azvd_pc
    16 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    It's still real to me dammit

IMG
  • Castiel_Touk
    4514 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    0Brooders0 wrote: »
    We are all doooooooomed! :#:D:p

Better start Nuking :):joy:
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking. Don't forget about the Springfield Showcase
  • Castiel19x wrote: »

Hehe
  • Castiel19x wrote: »

Nuke nuke nuke nuke nuke
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.