EA Forums - Banner

‘Tis Wednesday.....

Replies

• nmd6 wrote: »
    I think what's also in the mix is all the recent gossip and speculation that EA may be running the game down.
    This seems to have spooked a lot of people, so many are anxious to see if there any clues in the next event about the long term future of the game. The pessimists and optimists will be analysing every line of dialogue, prize and character for evidence to support their theories.

I'm expecting a whole raft of threads covering this very topic once the event becomes live.

people Will contact matpat to do a gametheory about tsto
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • nmd6 wrote: »
    I think what's also in the mix is all the recent gossip and speculation that EA may be running the game down.
    This seems to have spooked a lot of people, so many are anxious to see if there any clues in the next event about the long term future of the game. The pessimists and optimists will be analysing every line of dialogue, prize and character for evidence to support their theories.

I'm expecting a whole raft of threads covering this very topic once the event becomes live.

The game’s not going anywhere any time soon. It’s a cash cow for EA and there’s 30 years of content waiting to be used. It could go on through the end of the show. It wouldn’t be the same but we already have mini “episodes” disguised as events. But I could be wrong. We’ll see.
  • Sorry everyone, my bad, EA must've heard me saying how long it would take to farm the 16k or so doughnuts I needed to empty my Yearbook box and are waiting til I'm done....

So it may be another month yet... :#

Waiting for the pair of us I think...
  • Castiel19x wrote: »
    Willy9292 wrote: »
    Tis Thursday. This thread has expired. >:)

Create that as a new thread. :D

Nah, why make only one when you can create 5 or 10?
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • Do you think that has anything to do with the Disney take over? Did the licensing right change because of that? Or perhaps the lay offs at EA? Maybe there is only 2 guys doing everything for tapped out now? lol
  • Castiel19x
    4409 posts Member
    hatchet669 wrote: »
    Do you think that has anything to do with the Disney take over? Did the licensing right change because of that? Or perhaps the lay offs at EA? Maybe there is only 2 guys doing everything for tapped out now? lol

My guess would be something to do with Disney.
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking. Don't forget about the Springfield Showcase
  • Castiel19x wrote: »
    Willy9292 wrote: »
    Tis Thursday. This thread has expired. >:)

Create that as a new thread. :D

See? This is what I'm talking about. Calendar Technicians are needed.

Every year so many people walk out the front door on April Fools totally unaware of what day it is. And the middle days of the week are so tricky! Is it wednesday or thursday? Who can really say for sure! If only a new job category could be created so thousands of people would be tasked with telling the rest of us what day it was and how to adjust our behavior accordingly. And they'd know about all the wacky fake holidays and awareness-of-social-issues days and months, and when the pest control guy is coming. This should be priority one, even before Stormy Daniels updates!
  • ... This should be priority one, even before Stormy Daniels updates!

Ooooohhh! Is that the next update? :o:D
  • Everyone else's guesses are as good as mine, but it does "feel" like they're closing it out, after an amazing six years. Putting basically all of the content in a mystery box that doesn't go away, at steep discounts off regular prices, looks like one last spectacular attempt to get dollars out of people. If they were thinking long-term, they'd continue to occasionally bring back premium items as they've been doing for years, not just offering them like this. Now, what's left to offer that will keep the $$$ rolling in for EA/Disney at high enough levels to make this worthwhile for them? Maybe the hope is that they simply keep it alive but without updates to keep their costs low enough to make it viable?
  • 0Brooders0 wrote: »
    Looks like another week break again as I mentioned in the other thread.

Has EA ever had a 2 week break before?

We used to have long breaks between updates in ye olde days of tsto. I personally think/hope thEAy are planning something big for us. :)

Oh I forgot about those. We used to have to wait for weeks for a new level.

• hatchet669 wrote: »
    yearbook is permanent

Are you sure? I ask only because I bought everything in it during the last event and since then it has disappeared. I’ve looked in every tab of the store and don’t see it anywhere.

That’s because you have emptied it.
  • Its not under premium buy menu for you? That's where mine still is.
  • sqcat
    6 posts Member
    yearbook is permanent

Are you sure? I ask only because I bought everything in it during the last event and since then it has disappeared. I’ve looked in every tab of the store and don’t see it anywhere.

It disappears if you already have everything.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6298 posts Moderator
    I thought mine disappeared too until I found it in my premium menu
  • hatchet669 wrote: »
    Do you think that has anything to do with the Disney take over? Did the licensing right change because of that? Or perhaps the lay offs at EA? Maybe there is only 2 guys doing everything for tapped out now? lol

I don't think the current lack of an update is about DIsney. Any new event would've been in the works well before Disney's purchase of Fox, and that purchase just happened what, 10 days ago?

• Oatmeal832 wrote: »

I don't think the current lack of an update is about DIsney. Any new event would've been in the works well before Disney's purchase of Fox, and that purchase just happened what, 10 days ago?

Yes, the merger happened not long ago, but it's been in the pipeline for a few months now so things could have been put in place behind the scenes ready for the day the merger was cleared .... that's what any company would hopefully be doing anyway... Plan A to Plan Z to cover every eventuality so whichever transition happens as swiftly and smoothly as possible... :smile:
    You just had to look didn't ya!...
  • I don't think the game will end because people still can buy donuts. So why let someone buy donuts for cash and don't give anything in exchange and end the game ? Some mindchanger could be the railway station that is about to be lonely without tracks. they can do a lot to earn tracks fot that open land we've got lately.
  • acefentur wrote: »
    I don't think the game will end because people still can buy donuts. So why let someone buy donuts for cash and don't give anything in exchange and end the game ? Some mindchanger could be the railway station that is about to be lonely without tracks. they can do a lot to earn tracks fot that open land we've got lately.

I don't think the game is ending - a brief lull after an event isn't novel or ominous.

That said, I don't think the game "ending" means it goes bye-bye completely, I think it's possible - maybe likely - that when EA eventually decides it'll no longer update "TSTO", it'll still keep the game active.

This would allow players to buy existing items - it just wouldn't allow players anything new.

Again, I don't think we're at that point, but I also don't think that when EA ends updates, they'll delete "TSTO" from existence. Might as well leave it up there!
  • Did anyone ever play Minion Rush on the Windows platform... I did, on PC ... they ended updates for that a good couple of years ago, Tapped Out was the game I turned too (thanks to my daughter playing it on a tablet I owned) ...

It's not downloadable anymore, but if you have the game, you can still play it (but the last level is actually impossible now) and you can still buy things, so even now they are happy to take money off people mug enough to spend on that platform, there's still weekly challenges too..

So I reckon what @Oatmeal832 says makes some sense, the game would quite happily carry on and you'd be able to eventually get all the content and still buy things if you actually wanted too
    You just had to look didn't ya!...
  • Khorah
    184 posts Member
    Futurama, Worlds of Tomorrow is effectively dead. We have not had an update there for almost a year, but you can still buy pizza and play it.
    About every other month, they will put a character or skin in the mystery box to keep things moving, but once you finish the main story lines and unlock all the characters, unless you want to max out all of your characters, you are done :'(