EA Forums - Banner

Next big event?

Replies

• aabcampos wrote: »
    I still betting on Halloween.

That would be months without an event. Not going to happen.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6244 posts Moderator
    Hopefully an event drops next week
  • Can't believe we still not got anything yet.
    can only hope it's taking so long because thay bringing out something new
    and not the same old 4 hour task refit of the same old format that it's been over and over lately
  • I think they need to rotate event styles.

In the old days you'd rotate crops to allow the soil to build up lost minerals and such, as each crops drains more than another.

However a event rotation will allow players to become less tired of the repetitive formats.

Don't get me wrong, the new format is nice.

However it's getting old.

I wouldn't mind tapping stuff in neighbor's towns and doing repetitive actions that do not include four hour wait times.
  • bluntcard
    3691 posts Member
    Event: Moving Mountains
    Literally move or store mountains. I'd remove a few but leave most. I like the divide.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.

I suspect that was meant a bit tongue-in-cheek
  • bluntcard wrote: »
    Literally move or store mountains. I'd remove a few but leave most. I like the divide.

It would be nice if we could move the mountains to other areas of our towns.
  • Castiel19x
    4114 posts Member
    bluntcard wrote: »

Wish they had an option where you could store the mountains and put back out kinda like the monorail tunnel.
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking
  • simpsonare
    2199 posts Member
    The break is ok I suppose. Nice to not have the gamer responsibility for awhile. Maybe something will come up this week though. I'm not holding my breath though. I've been enjoying the elder scrolls game. I will make some time eventually to do more designing.... I basically ripped my town apart did a portion and got sacked out from designing. It's so time consuming is why it's hard to want to do it. Maybe watching some Simpsons episodes will get me in the mood.
  • simpsonare
    2199 posts Member
    Liven up the thread with my pride and joy.
    8cn7zg7hbzve.jpg
  • It will be very telling if there is no new event this week..
  • simpsonare
    2199 posts Member
    ramrod130 wrote: »
    It will be very telling if there is no new event this week..

With EAs layoffs and income projection it wouldn't surprise me. They did severely below their expected rate. So they probably are going to pull back some on fundings for other things whatever it may be. I think things will pick up again after a bit with the popularity of Apex.
  • Willy9292
    1535 posts Member
    We have been getting events and minis back to back for a while now, often with transition on same day. (old end new start)
    This can't be very cost effective. The latest box gave most of us lots to do for weeks, and breaks the cycle of players expecting constant events. This can, in reality, add to the longevity of the game, as less frequent event deployment means less development time. This is similar to gameplay a few years ago where an event was a big deal. Level updates gave us a free building and a couple of premium items but were far less involved than a mini event.
    We may just be seeing a transition back to less events and more designing. That will be difficult for the newer players who appear to panic if a week goes by without an event. I, for one, would welcome less events as opposed to the predicted demise of the game.
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • annettemarc
    7720 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    simpsonare wrote: »
    ramrod130 wrote: »
    It will be very telling if there is no new event this week..

With EAs layoffs and income projection it wouldn't surprise me. They did severely below their expected rate. So they probably are going to pull back some on fundings for other things whatever it may be. I think things will pick up again after a bit with the popularity of Apex.

Agree. The 3.8 % of employees laid off are in marketing, publishing and operations, and scaling back their presence in Japan and Russia. The official statement from EA's CEO when he announced those cuts indicates that they are now "deeply focused on increasing quality in our games and services." So I think things will pick up soon, too. (Wow. Is it foolish of me to hope that he means that they'll have better events AND fund customer service better SO it can improve?)

https://www.ea.com/news/an-update-on-our-organization

USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • I have to say I'm ok with the down time as long as there is an update and they are still putting effort into the game. A few weeks down time makes me appreciate an update more and I don't log in half as much in a day , which overall is a good thing for my real life.

Fair enough. That's my autism playing up again then!

Are you autistic or was that a throwaway line? That would help me understand your penchant for wanting to have every item you win/earn on your map.
  • Khorah
    179 posts Member
    Sorry guys.. this is my fault.. I came back after wandering off for a while, started playing the Futurama game, was having a blast and BAM!! TinyCo starts laying off people like crazy. They pulled the plug on Avengers Academy and Futurama, while still on, hasnt had an event for >a year. So, I wander back in here aaannnddd well.. here we are..
    So.. I will take the blame for this one ;)
  • Dougie_Powers_17
    2311 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Khorah wrote: »
    Sorry guys.. this is my fault.. I came back after wandering off for a while, started playing the Futurama game, was having a blast and BAM!! TinyCo starts laying off people like crazy. They pulled the plug on Avengers Academy and Futurama, while still on, hasnt had an event for >a year. So, I wander back in here aaannnddd well.. here we are..
    So.. I will take the blame for this one ;)

It might be worth revisiting my Futurama game again then,.... the constant events that were impossible to finish without paying and all the different aspects of the game that totally confused me put me off, but if there's no events then maybe I can advance the main story line and look at tackling the thing that was the last straw .... which I vaguely remember as having to send some people to a certain building that was just introduced at the time (an embassy maybe?) on various specific tasks to win points for a reward or something... it was so long ago...
    You just had to look didn't ya!...

Are you autistic or was that a throwaway line? That would help me understand your penchant for wanting to have every item you win/earn on your map.

Yeah, I'm actually autistic. I wouldn't dream of using a disability as a throwaway line because that would discredit those who have it, but I do actually have autism so I feel like I can comment like that.

I see it as a gift rather than a hindrance, although it does provide its own set of challenges (especially with coordination, and I can get a bit anxious if I'm on public transport and there's a load of people standing up, or I'm having to stand up myself).