EA Forums - Banner

What's for dinner?

Replies

• NMxP0wR.jpg

What I typically eat on an less adventurous day. It is most economical too and I got my greens. Simple rice with side dishes of your choice.
  • 168sean168
    3033 posts Member
    edited March 18
    UiLmyQc.jpg

Pig liver, kidney herbal soup mee sua (wheat vermicelli)
    Post edited by 168sean168 on
  • iQeZEqT.jpg

Mee Goreng, a fried noodle sold by Indians or Malays. The tea is called Teh Tarik, it means pulled tea. It is pulled to create froth
  • Mokkbee
    35 posts Member
    edited March 19
    168sean168 wrote: »
    iQeZEqT.jpg

Mee Goreng, a fried noodle sold by Indians or Malays. The tea is called Teh Tarik, it means pulled tea. It is pulled to create froth

Looks delicious. Mie Goreng reminds me of my time I spend in Surabaya and Bali, it’s a favourite dish in Indonesia there. Bahasa Indonesia is also very very similar to Malay language to a degree I was thinking that it must be the same :smiley:

If you haven’t yet, you have to try also Nasi Goreng which is fried rice :smile:
    "Pop goes the Chupacabra!"
  • OujKIxk.jpg

Teochew porridge style of eating. These outlets tend to open till wee hours and are popular with people out partying and then want to go supper after that.
  • UZuZb39.jpg

Mee Siam. A very popular Malay food, probably inspired from the old Siam. Main feature is the light gravy which is sour, sweet and spicy. There isn't much ingredients though.
  • DZZaeMz.jpg

A dish known as Assam Laksa. A noodle with sardines and shredded cucumbers and pineapple in a gravy that is sour sweet and spicy. The fish balls are also sold in the same gravy.
  • 69d7avx6s9tp.jpg
    Because it's my night to cook. (I bet you think I'm kidding.) :smiley:
  • 69d7avx6s9tp.jpg

You're more ambitious then me
    wEZLQYg.jpg
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • 69d7avx6s9tp.jpg

You're more ambitious then me
    wEZLQYg.jpg

LMAO!!!!
  • McDonalds from space.
    Nuking is always the answer
  • iain51269522
    570 posts Member
    edited March 29
    I went to this Mexican fusion place I know.

They had on a burrito bowl, corriader bulgari wheat, salad, veg, pinto and black beens, chicken tikka and mint yogurt.

gd5WHmv.jpg
  • Castiel19x wrote: »
    McDonalds from space.

I can’t believe I watched the entire video :smiley:

"Pop goes the Chupacabra!"
  • Mokkbee wrote: »
    Castiel19x wrote: »
    McDonalds from space.

I can’t believe I watched the entire video :smiley:

Amazing result in the end. :)
    Nuking is always the answer
  • 168sean168
    3033 posts Member
    edited April 1
    ymd5X59.jpg

Egg Prata. A fried dough with egg fried over a flat grill. The preparation is quite an art as the dough will be flipped in the air numerous times to make it thin. It is eaten with a curry. Some likes to dip it with sugar. Different varieties available, most basic one is the Roti Prata - just plain bread dough. A food served by Indians
  • 168sean168
    3033 posts Member
    wjEKrMa.jpg

Fried carrot cake black version. The black version includes the use of black sweet sauce. White version no black sweet sauce is used. This is essentially fried radish cake and rice flour. A popular staple for breakfast and supper.
  • 168sean168
    3033 posts Member
    8xvvKTm.jpg

Yong Tau Foo . Mainly toufu related ingredients. Contains Toufu, chilli, lady fingers, bittergourd stuffed with grounded meat. Also got vegetables, all the healthy stuff. You choose your own ingredients. In this version, this is served dry and ingredients are placed separately. In the soup based type, everything will be placed together. This is one of the healthier food to eat outside.
  • 168sean168
    3033 posts Member
    edited April 15
    EBr9bpr.jpg

Ba Ku Teh, meaning pork rib tea, this is a tasty soup with pork ribs. This is a dark version and tastes more herbal.
    Post edited by 168sean168 on
  • WaMG6h5.jpg

This is Popiah meaning thin pancake or biscuit. A Chinese style fresh spring roll
  • n7lfXR4.jpg

Mee Soto. A chicken noodle sold by Malays. The feature is the flavourful soup gravy.