EA Forums - Banner

Next big event?

Replies

• 4junk3000
    5330 posts Member
    It's entirely possible they won't release new content at all. Parker Bros never added more streets to Monopoly.

It's a shame people can't just patiently wait. Me,me,me; now,now,now is another 21st century concept I'm already sick of.
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • annettemarc
    7734 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    4junk3000 wrote: »
    It's entirely possible they won't release new content at all. Parker Bros never added more streets to Monopoly.

It's a shame people can't just patiently wait. Me,me,me; now,now,now is another 21st century concept I'm already sick of.

Sorry, but I need to disagree with that last part of your statement. "Patiently waiting" is a concept that languished and died over a half a century ago. I'm 68. Old enough to recall the days when my mom and I would go to the store (aka Sears) and see something we wanted but had insufficient money for, and we would carry the item upstairs to the store's "layaway" office. We would put those things on "layaway". In that system, the store would retain the product in their possession while the buyer made regular payments. When the item was finally paid off in full the item was handed over to the buyer. It was, in short, the complete and total opposite system than credit cards. My parents paid first and got the item later. (And walked 2 miles to school. In the snow. Uphill. Both ways. )

Then it all turned upside down. It was the late 50s and early 1960s that the credit card concept took hold. That's why I say that the concept of "I want it now" is half a century old.

BTW, I don't use credit. It makes me crazy to see commercials from furniture stores that say "Do you want a new sofa but you think you can't afford it? No problem! Come on in! Ask about our payment plan. Zero down.". I find myself wanting to scream. In my opinion, if I want something but think I can't afford it, that means I'm not meant to have it. Bummer.

Hope you don't mind. I just wanted to correct your time line. These young whippersnappers didn't invent the need for instant gratification. My generation did. Don't mean to upset you, okay?

And now, I'm sitting here visualising myself carrying a sofa upstairs to a layaway desk. ;)
    Post edited by annettemarc on
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • Hope it's soon. I'm bored.

Once they got rid of the levels and moved solely to events and mini events there is either lots to do or nothing to do. Before, there were quests to carry on with.

I've been building and decorating but then I've hit the limit, or close to, and with an event presumably on the horizon to plan for there isn't much I can do. Play time is about 5 mins a day just to set the daily task and collect the income - but I am also at the cash limit, so...
  • Castiel19x
    4273 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Hope we get something today or tomorrow.
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking. Don't forget about the Springfield Showcase
  • annettemarc
    7734 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Castiel19x wrote: »
    Hope we get something today or tomorrow.

Me too.!

6olvecrpuz1z.gif

• I predict an April 16th event with teasers out on the weekend or the Monday before
  • Patiently waits for a new thread started by @LPNintendoITA...qu6sbyfvl3ae.gif
  • Might as well keep this thread running. The new "event" doesn't count, considering there's not a single new item.
  • Rich0913
    1637 posts Member
    Tapped out is all Tapped out?
  • 4junk3000
    5330 posts Member
    I agree, @annettemarc, I'm bald n grey-bearded enough to remember layaway, and my parents didn't have credit cards until the banks went full predatory lending mode. They gave us all enough credit rope to hang ourselves, and we sure did stick our necks right in.
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • Old threads can be interesting... This posting was from the beginning of April 2019.
    If it's true we still have to wait a little while...
    aabcampos wrote: »
    I think the next event will be Halloween.

Maybe 4th July

😉

• willp_70
    316 posts Member
    We need a White House event. The popup dialogs alone would be worth it.
  • willp_70 wrote: »
    We need a White House event. The popup dialogs alone would be worth it.

Only if we can torture Donald Trump.
  • kg3scsju48ld.png I need 5 more characters to post this
  • mallratcal
    356 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Tap Ball 2 on the 14th or 15th.

Or Escape from Shelbyville.
  • mallratcal wrote: »
    Tap Ball 2 on the 14th or 15th.

Or Escape from Shelbyville.

More Shelbyville items would be great. I've just been redesigning my Shelbyville area. It didn't take long as we only have four buildings. :/
  • kg3scsju48ld.png I need 5 more characters to post this

Please please please, let it be true!
  • Castiel19x
    4273 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    kg3scsju48ld.png I need 5 more characters to post this

Oh wow he reply to my tweet. :)
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking. Don't forget about the Springfield Showcase
  • annettemarc
    7734 posts Member
    I'd love some clarification of the phrase "on the way"

Asteroid 202683 is due to [hopefully] pass by Earth on November 24th in the year 2196 at 03:07, +/- 18 minutes. Which makes it, technically, "on the way"

;)
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6280 posts Moderator
    Let’s hope it’s sooner than later