EA Forums - Banner

Is TSTO dead?

Replies

  • they posted some time ago the image of the 10 billion donuts purchased real life billboard so... why say it's lack of profit?

    Actually it was a 30 billion one hehe. :)
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking
  • And that was over the course of the game anyway. How much did they make in the last year? Or the last month?
  • > @LPNintendoITA said:
    > they posted some time ago the image of the 10 billion donuts purchased real life billboard so... why say it's lack of profit?

    Because it doesn't mean most of those donuts were purchased recently. Most of them could've been in the earlier years when the game was in its prime. Or it could just be ridiculously high profit margins that executives have set, this wouldn't be the first time I've seen it. I'm just saying, I've seen this happen before and it could happen again, but it's all just speculation.
  • > @LPNintendoITA said:
    > they posted some time ago the image of the 10 billion donuts purchased real life billboard so... why say it's lack of profit?

    Because it doesn't mean most of those donuts were purchased recently. Most of them could've been in the earlier years when the game was in its prime. Or it could just be ridiculously high profit margins that executives have set, this wouldn't be the first time I've seen it. I'm just saying, I've seen this happen before and it could happen again, but it's all just speculation.

    what I mean is that they did real life ads for it still. so why even do them if they abandon it?
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • JJR2112
    409 posts Member
    I’m sure they have their reasons for making the changes that they have. As disappointing as it is, I’ll still take this new reality over having them pull the plug outright. There’s enough there for new players to keep entertained (and spend money on) for a long time and the rest of us can keep designing and messing around with things and maybe even see the occasional item were missing show up. Even with this little morsel of an “event” I finally get to build myself a proper golf course… so there’s something.
  • what I mean is that they did real life ads for it still. so why even do them if they abandon it?

    Possibly this was an attempt to reignite interest in a game that was starting to lose players. We have no idea if the attempt worked.
  • JJR2112 wrote: »
    I’m sure they have their reasons for making the changes that they have. As disappointing as it is, I’ll still take this new reality over having them pull the plug outright. There’s enough there for new players to keep entertained (and spend money on) for a long time and the rest of us can keep designing and messing around with things and maybe even see the occasional item were missing show up. Even with this little morsel of an “event” I finally get to build myself a proper golf course… so there’s something.

    I was waiting for the golf courses to come around again, and the bleachers too. A nice spot of designing to keep me busy.
  • Oh.My.God. EA is a professional corporation. The entire TSTO game staff does not take a "break" or all go on vacation together. If I see the word "break" again in that context, I'll lose my mind. Now, breaks between events while they're programming is another thing. Would they owe us notice if they kill it, like so many people keep saying? We'd all like to think so, but FWOT gave no notice and that game is pretty much dead. Heck, my buddy bought a brand new Disney Infinity game at full price, one week before Disney announced they were killing it. Nobody stopped selling the game in advance of the announcement. There's really no obligation and no honour. I don't know if it's dead or not, but they better convince us it's alive soon or the player numbers and revenue will drop enough to ensure they do drop it.
  • Obviously, the game is not ending, hence this new "event", such as it is. If anything, EA is going through cutbacks, (hence the layoffs), and said cutbacks have now affected TSTO. Whether these cutbacks have anything to do with Disney licensing agreements is anyone's guess. Disney may renegotiate them, end them, or keep them as is. The point is whether Disney feels the game profitable in their eyes, or whether it's better to spend that money elsewhere, such as feature films of the former Fox properties (The Simpsons, Bob's Burgers, Family Guy and Futurama). Three of which have potential big screen versions in the works. Or none of that will happen. Show business is very fluid. Little is set in stone.
    What part of "unsolicited friend requests are all denied" do you NOT get?
  • bluntcard
    3696 posts Member
    Hence...
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • Remember the time when the in game dialog would sometimes be an answer to the discussion we had here on the forum ? Sometimes, they would even make fun of us out of the dialog referring to some forum scandal or controversy.

    Seeing how much discussions arises from the possible endgame, I would have thought that the dialog from that latest event would have included some reference or answer for us… It actually feels like the current event might be the release of some old and never used dialog. We are now eating the leftovers.
  • rb70kmm47bw4.jpeg
    Telling us something?
  • Rusty25630 wrote: »
    Daily tasks now include land tokens if didn’t purchase building

    FTR I did purchase GGR. Just got a land token from Daily Tasks.
  • Remember the time when the in game dialog would sometimes be an answer to the discussion we had here on the forum ? Sometimes, they would even make fun of us out of the dialog referring to some forum scandal or controversy.

    Seeing how much discussions arises from the possible endgame, I would have thought that the dialog from that latest event would have included some reference or answer for us… It actually feels like the current event might be the release of some old and never used dialog. We are now eating the leftovers.

    I recently got the Murderhorn from the YMB which had me laughing at some dialogue :lol:
    You just had to look didn't ya!...
  • Alley McBalls dialogue had me laughing my **** off.
  • GrowlyOne wrote: »
    Oh.My.God. EA is a professional corporation. The entire TSTO game staff does not take a "break" or all go on vacation together. If I see the word "break" again in that context, I'll lose my mind.

    PtLT.gif

  • 4junk3000
    5275 posts Member
    GrowlyOne wrote: »
    I don't know if it's dead or not, but they better convince us it's alive soon or the player numbers and revenue will drop enough to ensure they do drop it.

    THIS is the part of this dead horse that I'm tired of reading is being beaten again and again.

    If you don't wanna play, DON'T.
    If you're too bored, or too impatient, to wait for new content, DON'T.
    If you can't find some way to entertain yourself with the game inn whatever form it's in, PUT IT DOWN.

    You wanna leave? Go. Don't threaten. Beat it. AMSCRAY.

    EA doesn't owe anyone answers, content, or anything else. If you gave them time or money, you chose to without any quid pro quo agreement with EA. All of this whining stems from unrealistic EXPECTATIONS not being met to suit you. My heart bleeds for you.

    It's a game. Accept everything, and expect nothing, and you'll be much less frustrated. Which applies to all of life.

    Go learn to surf. Express your frustrations with the ocean when the waves aren't doing what you want. Makes as little sense.
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • 4junk3000 wrote: »
    GrowlyOne wrote: »
    I don't know if it's dead or not, but they better convince us it's alive soon or the player numbers and revenue will drop enough to ensure they do drop it.

    THIS is the part of this dead horse that I'm tired of reading is being beaten again and again.

    If you don't wanna play, DON'T.
    If you're too bored, or too impatient, to wait for new content, DON'T.
    If you can't find some way to entertain yourself with the game inn whatever form it's in, PUT IT DOWN.

    You wanna leave? Go. Don't threaten. Beat it. AMSCRAY.

    EA doesn't owe anyone answers, content, or anything else. If you gave them time or money, you chose to without any quid pro quo agreement with EA. All of this whining stems from unrealistic EXPECTATIONS not being met to suit you. My heart bleeds for you.

    It's a game. Accept everything, and expect nothing, and you'll be much less frustrated. Which applies to all of life.

    Go learn to surf. Express your frustrations with the ocean when the waves aren't doing what you want. Makes as little sense.

    It’s like you’re reading my mind! Some people come here with a complaint or two, fine by me. But I’m tired of reading the same complaints every day. I get it. You think the game is dead, so find something else to invest your time and money.

    The forums used to be a place to not only read about updates, walkthroughs, bugs, etc., a nice place to visit with other fans of the Simpsons. Now I can’t read a thread without seeing someone speculating about the game dying. If it does, it does. I personally don’t see it happening for a long time, but I digress. I just want to go back to enjoying my time here on the forums. Thanks.
  • I see these threads so often, its like visiting the WoW forums where they have called the game dead for the last 14 years. The game is doing fine IMO, its been improved a lot if you look back when it first launched. I love that they made Krustyland part of the main map, this is something I didn't expect them to do. We have gotten so much new stuff where I never felt the need to pay money for, which isn't the case with a lot of other F2P games. I only wish that we see proper event back with fun theming. And the extra zooming should definately be a thing with how much Springfield has grown as of now.
  • Rusty25630 wrote: »
    rb70kmm47bw4.jpeg
    Telling us something?

    Yeah, that there is a forum of chicken little's running around everytime there's a tiny gap in updates.
    You guys never went through the "Dark Times" of no updates for months..... and it shows :D
    lol
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!