EA Forums - Banner

Long time players, how long will you stick around with no new stuff??

Prev13456
How long will you go if there isn't any new content? Only updates like this last one with old stuff? I'm holding out hope that there will be new stuff released soon, but I'd give it 2 more updates with nothing new to have me stop tapping..

Replies

• I've been here almost 7 years, and I enjoy the breaks between updates for housekeeping, and to rebuild my donut collection. I don't need a new update every week to be satisfied. I have total control over the game play, so I'm coasting along nicely. There's a ton of stuff to add from a show that's 30 years old and over 600 episodes.
  • For a long time. I’ve been playing for 15% of my life. Played for 1000s of hours and spent 1000s of dollars. I won’t go easily or quietly.
  • Until they pull the plug.
  • As long as there's new content every month I'm likely to keep playing. I do think the mini-event format has gotten extremely stale so I'd rather see more downtime framed by actual events with a modicum of creativity.
  • ramrod130
    464 posts Member
    edited April 12
    As long as there's new content every month I'm likely to keep playing. I do think the mini-event format has gotten extremely stale so I'd rather see more downtime framed by actual events with a modicum of creativity.

This is the exact opposite of what I asked. Nothing new was added to this update, and this update isn't even a mini event..

Back to the question at hand, I understand if your a long time player that doesn't have all the stuff being re-released, but for those that have everything released, or most, how long will you wait to see if new stuff is released?
  • Forever.
    We really need professional help
  • I have everything, but I will continue to play as long as there are any types of “events” going on. But I will be disappointed for sure with no new content.
  • This needed a new thread? Couldn't go in one of the other doom threads?
  • This question would make an interesting Poll. @johncolombo :smile:
    This is our last dance. This is ourselves under pressure.
  • ramrod130
    464 posts Member
    edited April 12
    This needed a new thread? Couldn't go in one of the other doom threads?

It's not a doom thread. How long will you stick around with no new content? I'm just trying to gauge the interest here, sorry to make your scroll down past one thread..
  • It's up in the air. One episode with no new content is OK, but if this became a pattern, I don't think I'd stay for very long.
  • bluntcard
    3608 posts Member
    As long as the game is still available to play. I have plenty of stuff.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • lucienleon519
    944 posts Member
    edited April 12
    In terms of where I'm at in the game, my % is over 3100% and I've stopped buying MBs to increase it as it's not worth the hassle of the 1% I&S BBs, Hondas etc. I'm racking up income without trying and can easily convert cash to donuts to pick up whatever. Building my multiplier and farming donuts isn't the diversion it was just a couple of months ago.

This event didn't bother me because it offered some things I've been wanting for quite a while. Plugging some holes in my town with those has kept me busy.

But if I'd already had those items - and everything in whatever's offered in the next event and the one after that... I think I'd give it three events in a row of no new content and then go from being a daily player to a weekly player. And if it carried on like that, I'd drop down to monthly. And then I'd finally let go of it altogether and try not to think about how empty a pursuit it always was.

• JJR2112
    353 posts Member
    I have three years worth of event items in storage as they didn't belong in the community I have been trying to create. If my town is now as good as its ever going to be, then I can start having fun designing some of the things I've avoided (ancient Egypt, Europe, future world etc.). As long as the platform remains I think I can keep myself entertained for a good while yet.
  • cdepast
    2461 posts Member
    I think it's a fair question. I am logging in less as a result of the mini events already. I hope this new event doesnt become a regular occurrence.
  • johncolombo
    11051 posts Senior Moderator
    aabcampos wrote: »
    Forever.
    We really need professional help

:D
    True
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • Sticking around till the end. :)
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking :)
  • Castiel19x wrote: »
    Sticking around till the end. :)

Me too. Been here since just after the game launched on Android and I can well remember the weeks and weeks of nothingness in between level ups and events.

There's a lot of designing and redesigning now all that land was opened up, so that's what I'm doing - improving my SF and making it look better.
  • Till the game is turned off
  • aabcampos wrote: »
    Until they pull the plug.

this