EA Forums - Banner

Purchased 25M worth of rat traps, game said lost connection, lost the xp

Prev1
gbh4
27 posts Member
Hi

As title, I just purchased 25M worth of Rat Traps and was on about my 4th opening of the 1-3 donuts as I’m on level 939, then the game said lost connection and when I got back in there was no more XP and no more donuts to open. So I’ve lost probably 100+ donuts.

Do I need to contact support over this or will the lost do come back?

Thanks

Replies

• They ain’t coming back and I doubt you’ll get any joy out of EA. You can try, but I’d chalk it up to experience and move on. I lost a few a while back and have only done ten at a time ever since.
  • EA generally will not help in compensation of harvested donuts. I lost 4.29B game cash before due to the game numbers limitation back then and they also ignored my request. But you can try. Some lucky souls do get special treatments
  • gbh4
    27 posts Member
    Thanks, I’ll give it a try anyway. Seems strange to offer an XP collider that you pay donuts to activate, but then stop people using them to get Xp.
  • From time to time the game will crash and show you the bart screen when you are harvesting donuts. As @lucienleon519 said, do a few trucks at a time. See how much you think you can risk losing. Last night my game crashed repeatedly while playing donuts too.
  • I use bloodmobiles because rat trap trucks always crash my game. Perhaps try them instead? :)
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • This happened to me a few times this morning too. I stuck to placing five bloodmobiles in the end as the game was crashing on ten.
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    This happened to me a few times this morning too. I stuck to placing five bloodmobiles in the end as the game was crashing on ten.

Yikes. Crashing at 10 now. A month or so ago I crashed on 20, switched to 12. Then a few weeks later I crashed on 12 and switched to 10. If it's down to 5 I'll start placing my blood mobiles every million or so dollars instead of waiting to reach 10 million like I currently do. It sounds kinds tedious to do a long series of fives.

(First World problem, right?)
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • At the moment it is crashing like crazy.
  • I'm also experiencing excessive disconnects from server. There must be something unusual on their end.

Good luck getting your lost stuff. Your strong sense of entitlement should certainly convince them to provide remedy.
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • Willy9292
    1663 posts Member
    The last few days have been particularly bad for server crashes/ disconnects. Unfortunately @gbh4 this is an issue that has been well documented here, for quite some time. I seldom do over 10 RTT any more due to this
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • fastshadow2
    5466 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    yeah, same here and not just grinding donuts
    friend visits has also been bad for days
    thought it was my internet😀
    give it time, it should work itself out
    fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • 4junk3000
    5548 posts Member
    I'm planting a crop of KeMs that's approximately 17x9, every 4 hrs. The only crashes I'm worried about are when the xp payout is floating. So I tap and collect them in groups of 10. I've had only two crashes doing it this way, where I lost the chance for the donut box. But I'm not worried about it because as long as I have a crop growing, whenever I log in i get a donut box immediately that's not in sync with the xp meter or anything else. Confusing but very welcome
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • 25M would be like 166 RTT! That too many all at once even when the servers are fine.
    Whoa, whoa, whoa – I only accept cash, bitcoin, or GameStop stock.
  • gbh4
    27 posts Member
    I did eventually contact support, they couldn’t do much other than give me 20 doughnuts.

I’ll be more careful next time and just place a few at once.
  • I usually do about 100 Rat Truck farming and then collect the donuts. I would wait a couple days and do some more.
    Do not add me as a friend in the game anymore as I rarely visit my friends' towns. Not adding anymore too
  • If the server is working okay, I will do ten at a time. But the last few weeks I've gone down to 5 or even 3 on really bad days.
  • The server problems we are currently experiencing is why you shouldn't put down a ridiculous amount of RTTs or BMs.

You're basically burning money right now.
    Trying to control the horizontal & the vertical. Do not adjust your TV.
  • bluntcard
    3955 posts Member
    Sorry. That sucks. I'm trying to remember how many I lost the first time I learned this lesson. It was a lot. I do about 25 bloodmobiles at a time, now. I usually just collect donuts for the amount of something I want. It's so tedious isn't it?
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • zlevell786
    219 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I’m doing one at a time lately. 2 or 3 if I’m feeling daring. It is very tedious. I hope they fix it soon.
  • 3 at a time for me too lately.