EA Forums - Banner

When Disney Purchased Fox

empathy77
4189 posts Member
edited May 2019
I was very much for this merger mainly for the implications it could have for the Marvel and Star Wars franchises. Bringing the X-Men and Fantastic Four (not to mention Dr Doom) to the MCU sounds awesome. The possibility of the original Star Wars trilogy to be re-released in HD would be great. But now we have Tapped Out in a holding pattern and I am wondering if the merger had anything to do with it..........

Replies

• txrabbit3737
    1166 posts Member
    Read this: https://tstoaddicts.com/2019/05/02/musings-about-the-current-state-of-tsto/ and you will realize the Disney thing has absolutely NOTHING to do with what's happening currently with TSTO.
  • TwigletStyx
    1043 posts Member
    empathy77 wrote: »
    I was very much for this merger mainly for the implications it could have for the Marvel and Star Wars franchises. Bringing the X-Men and Fantastic Four (not to mention Dr Doom) to the MCU sounds awesome. The possibility of the original Star Wars trilogy to be re-released in HD would be great. But now we have Tapped Out in a holding pattern and I am wondering if the merger had anything to do with it..........

Quite possibly a 'Bargaining Chip'. Only time will tell.
    Lately It Occurs To Me... What A Long Strange Trip It’s Been.
  • empathy77
    4189 posts Member
    Read this: https://tstoaddicts.com/2019/05/02/musings-about-the-current-state-of-tsto/ and you will realize the Disney thing has absolutely NOTHING to do with what's happening currently with TSTO.

I am not sure but I don't think Alissa at tstoaddicts is an insider over at Disney/Fox or has seen the contract between EA and The Simpsons. That article is her opinion. The Simpsons is now officially the IP (intellectual property) of Disney and if Disney chooses to pull the plug on that contract for whatever reasons they see fit, I am pretty sure that Disney will out muscle EA 8 days a week.

I did not think that the merger would impact this game, I still hope that the merger is not impacting the game, but now you'd have to wonder.
  • txrabbit3737
    1166 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    empathy77 wrote: »

I am not sure but I don't think Alissa at tstoaddicts is an insider over at Disney/Fox or has seen the contract between EA and The Simpsons. That article is her opinion. The Simpsons is now officially the IP (intellectual property) of Disney and if Disney chooses to pull the plug on that contract for whatever reasons they see fit, I am pretty sure that Disney will out muscle EA 8 days a week.

I did not think that the merger would impact this game, I still hope that the merger is not impacting the game, but now you'd have to wonder.

You really have no clue how the corporate world and licensing agreements work do you?
  • jmlgg
    183 posts Member
    Disney aint got ish to do with this game son
  • I wouldn't be surprised if Disney pull this game and incorporate the Simpsons into a new, wider simulation game that encompasses all franchises Disney own.
    The Real Dalekbuster523, Coming Soon to Nethersphere Online
  • txrabbit3737
    1166 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    I wouldn't be surprised if Disney pull this game and incorporate the Simpsons into a new, wider simulation game that encompasses all franchises Disney own.

Disney does not OWN EA. It is a LICENSING agreement. Family Guy is still getting updates. Explain that.
    EA still has Star Wars games. Maybe when those agreements expire, Disney may (but probably won't) do something. But right now, they don't have anything to do with this. Please take your conspiracies elsewhere.
    Post edited by txrabbit3737 on
  • jaythecanadian
    639 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    To make this simple for you guys to understand better: Disney has nothing to do with this game at all or any mobile games (EA or not) at all. They only focus on TV shows and Movies....that is all they care about, period.

We just don't know why we have lack of updates in the game. All we can guess that EA is just sorting out the issue with the recent layoffs early winter or taking the time to fix the bugs in the game (although they would be too busy to do that), or testing the new updates to avoid the bugs. Perhaps they are doing some new kinda gameplay as well. It can be any of those reasons.

EA had been going crazy with update after update during 2016, 2017, and 2018 without a single break in between.

Moving on :)

Do not add me as a friend in the game anymore as I rarely visit my friends' towns. Not adding anymore too
  • I wouldn't be surprised if Disney pull this game and incorporate the Simpsons into a new, wider simulation game that encompasses all franchises Disney own.

Disney does not OWN EA. It is a LICENSING agreement. Family Guy is still getting updates. Explain that.
    EA still has Star Wars games. Maybe when those agreements expire, Disney may (but probably won't) do something. But right now, they don't have anything to do with this. Please take your conspiracies elsewhere.

Yeah, but when does it run out? They don't have to renew the contract.

You're just moving the goal posts. The point is the licensing agreements have NOT expired.

You're just moving the goal posts. The point is the licensing agreements have NOT expired.

Do you know when they expire though?
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    This has nothing to do with Disney, Fox or any of that. If anyone has been following gaming news lately, many big studios have been laying off people due to bad sales, poor games and other pandering behavior that have alienated them from their core fans.

Bethesda, Blizzard, EA and a few other companies were amongst the one effected by this. The layoffs are far reaching and I’m guessing it reached EA’s mobile game division. Maybe they’re reorganizing to run a slimmer, more efficient ship. Perhaps the damage was great enough that we won’t be seeing some of their games anymore. At this point, it’s nothing more than conjecture. All I know is, from the sounds of it, it doesn’t sound like it’ll blow over anytime soon. What this means for TSTO is open to anyone’s guess.
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • We’ll know more in a couple of weeks when EA releases their year end financial results.
  • txrabbit3737
    1166 posts Member
    I wouldn't be surprised if Disney pull this game and incorporate the Simpsons into a new, wider simulation game that encompasses all franchises Disney own.

Do you know when they expire though?

Moving the goal posts again. You don't know anything and it's time for you to shut up. How many times do people have to flag you to get that across? Don't bother answering, welcome to a long overdue ignore.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6323 posts Moderator
    Im gonna sticky this thread temporarily so no more threads pop up with similar concerns. Please address all concerns here and feel free to chat about the game as well in its current state. Any other threads with similar discussions will be closed. There is no need to bump this thread anymore.
    Thank you
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.