EA Forums - Banner

This looks like Matt Selman says TSTO continues

Replies

• 4junk3000
    5232 posts Member
    Willy9292 wrote: »
    4junk3000 wrote: »
    So let's weigh both sides.

On the positive side, we just had a fun mini event, we know there's been longer periods without new large event content, and we just today got a verbal nod from a writer that the game isn't over.

On the negative side, we have a bunch of forum whiners that make Chicken Little seem cool as a cucumber.

Am i leaving anything out?

There is a lot more to the negative side than not getting an update. Many of the NDA group have reported their contacts are not answering, and other things. I assume you put me in the whiners group, but I feel that pressure from the customer base works.

"And other things" ? What other things?? Please list the other things. Gossip, or lack thereof, is not a thing. Come on, man.

Idk what group you're in. I speak to the forum as a whole. I don't pay attention to who exactly is making all these whiny threads. I just see a new thread, read it, then roll my eyes when it's the same gripe based on nothing, LITERALLY NOTHING, because there's ZERO indicators that the game is ending. Zero.

The only pressure being created, is the lemming-like push toward a cliff that may not even exist. Enough already with all this ridiculous speculation about the game. Oh no: some contacts haven't responded? So Chicken Littles take a "no news is bad news" posture?? It needs to stop.

If anyone wants to quit playing, please quietly show yourself to the door. Hey, it'll be open when you wanna come back!

But all this negativity and speculation is dragging down the forum. It would be very nice if some moderators combined all these threads into one. There's nothing new being discussed, short of this one tweet we learned of today, which doesn't require multiple threads either.

No one's doing anyone a service by ruffling feathers every damn day. I've seen no indicators the game is ending, beyond the whiny speculations. The connection issues we're having lately indicate to me that there's hardware issues still to be addressed. My experience working with telecoms and data centers tells me to relax, because there's no point releasing new content while there's significant hardware issues to fix. And silence is typical in the world of non disclosure agreements.

Until you have a REASON to think otherwise, please keep calm and tap on. Stop looking in the fridge. It's the same as last time you looked.

P.s. if the last mini event wasn't fun, or the yearbook hasn't been fun, or if growing your town with the ability to earn your own land tokens isn't fun, THEN TAKE A WALK. Because I'm having plenty of fun over here in my SF. So maybe it's YOU. (again, speaking collectively)

"You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • OhHappyJays
    1573 posts Member
    Hopefully May 8th brings with it a major event. I know, it'll probably be the usual, 3 act, 4/5 week, every 4 hr grind, but I think everyone would be so happy to go back to playing they might forget about the grind.
    Trying to control the horizontal & the vertical. Do not adjust your TV.
  • Bring on the grind. Can't wait until the update. Best news I have heard all day.
  • Willy9292
    1437 posts Member
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • If you're happy and you know it

5OC4Fsb.jpg
  • beastlymm
    276 posts Member
    4junk3000 wrote: »
    So let's weigh both sides.

On the positive side, we just had a fun mini event, we know there's been longer periods without new large event content, and we just today got a verbal nod from a writer that the game isn't over.

On the negative side, we have a bunch of forum whiners that make Chicken Little seem cool as a cucumber.

Am i leaving anything out?

Your attempts to shame others into silence, just because they’re worried about the future of the game is reprehensible.

Try to act like an adult. Your future posts will show us if you’re capable.
  • lucienleon519
    906 posts Member
    edited May 3
    I'm glad @Willy9292 has acted on concerns about the end of the game by creating a thread where people can voice their similar concerns and maybe get noticed by EA.

Bit of a shame though that not everyone will see or care about Willy's thread and go ahead and author new threads or comment in old threads about the same topic. I see @4junk3000's point about how this type of whining is ruining the forum. If people want to go talk about the end of the game then Willy's frequently bumped and clearly titled thread is the place to do it where it might actually make a difference.

Personally I'm not overly concerned about the end of the game though I have made a contribution to Willy's thread. The same conversations peppering several threads is boring, isn't constructive in any way and overshadows discussion about other things.

• simpsonare
    2129 posts Member
    edited May 3
    TST0_Help wrote: »
    2i4awpb2mmxv.png
    Was shared with me. Not sure if this was posted anywhere.

Sweet...
    jgjtsvmiwbcy.gif
    Please be something that can make me spend a hour in the game at a time again.

I'm ashamed of the last event. Mostly of myself because I didn't finish the story update. I went in a couple times to do the story task. But the story never resonated with me. Was there anything new for completing the story? I was told that there was no new content with the update besides the story. Which isn't terrible but it's kind of mundane when task are what you've done for such a long period. The real fun is designing.
  • Willy9292
    1437 posts Member

@simpsonare dont celebrate too much. Look up, way up in this thread. Fake news.
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • 4junk3000
    5232 posts Member
    edited May 3
    2uGJhvKnXYTuQDpTqZEbC8I6m74=.gif
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • Willy9292 wrote: »

Looks like Athul may need to go through a refresher course.
  • Willy9292 wrote: »

Looks like Athul may need to go through a refresher course.

Athul:
    what_year_is_it.jpg
  • May the 4th, perfect time for a Star Wars crossover event
  • 0Brooders0
    2099 posts Member
    May the 4th, perfect time for a Star Wars crossover event

I would LOVE that! <3
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • 168sean168
    3075 posts Member
    Who is Matt Selman?
  • Castiel19x
    3830 posts Member
    168sean168 wrote: »
    Who is Matt Selman?

He's one of the main writers for tapped out.
    Nuking is always the answer
  • txrabbit3737
    999 posts Member
    edited May 3
    simpsonare wrote: »
    Sweet...

Please be something that can make me spend a hour in the game at a time again.

I'm ashamed of the last event. Mostly of myself because I didn't finish the story update. I went in a couple times to do the story task. But the story never resonated with me. Was there anything new for completing the story? I was told that there was no new content with the update besides the story. Which isn't terrible but it's kind of mundane when task are what you've done for such a long period. The real fun is designing.

Did you bother to read this entire thread? That May 8th update, is from LAST YEAR.
    What part of "unsolicited friend requests are all denied" do you NOT get?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!