EA Forums - Banner

This looks like Matt Selman says TSTO continues

Replies

  • Willy9292 wrote: »
    TST0_Help wrote: »

    @simpsonare dont celebrate too much. Look up, way up in this thread. Fake news.

    Looks like Athul may need to go through a refresher course.

    Or maybe just...training
  • barger9
    94 posts Member
    Oh... He's been trained, alright. What's the quickest way to get this guy to go away.
  • GrowlyOne
    89 posts Member
    4junk3000 wrote: »
    Willy9292 wrote: »
    4junk3000 wrote: »
    So let's weigh both sides.

    On the positive side, we just had a fun mini event, we know there's been longer periods without new large event content, and we just today got a verbal nod from a writer that the game isn't over.

    On the negative side, we have a bunch of forum whiners that make Chicken Little seem cool as a cucumber.


    Am i leaving anything out?

    There is a lot more to the negative side than not getting an update. Many of the NDA group have reported their contacts are not answering, and other things. I assume you put me in the whiners group, but I feel that pressure from the customer base works.

    "And other things" ? What other things?? Please list the other things. Gossip, or lack thereof, is not a thing. Come on, man.

    Idk what group you're in. I speak to the forum as a whole. I don't pay attention to who exactly is making all these whiny threads. I just see a new thread, read it, then roll my eyes when it's the same gripe based on nothing, LITERALLY NOTHING, because there's ZERO indicators that the game is ending. Zero.

    The only pressure being created, is the lemming-like push toward a cliff that may not even exist. Enough already with all this ridiculous speculation about the game. Oh no: some contacts haven't responded? So Chicken Littles take a "no news is bad news" posture?? It needs to stop.

    If anyone wants to quit playing, please quietly show yourself to the door. Hey, it'll be open when you wanna come back!

    But all this negativity and speculation is dragging down the forum. It would be very nice if some moderators combined all these threads into one. There's nothing new being discussed, short of this one tweet we learned of today, which doesn't require multiple threads either.

    No one's doing anyone a service by ruffling feathers every damn day. I've seen no indicators the game is ending, beyond the whiny speculations. The connection issues we're having lately indicate to me that there's hardware issues still to be addressed. My experience working with telecoms and data centers tells me to relax, because there's no point releasing new content while there's significant hardware issues to fix. And silence is typical in the world of non disclosure agreements.

    Until you have a REASON to think otherwise, please keep calm and tap on. Stop looking in the fridge. It's the same as last time you looked.


    P.s. if the last mini event wasn't fun, or the yearbook hasn't been fun, or if growing your town with the ability to earn your own land tokens isn't fun, THEN TAKE A WALK. Because I'm having plenty of fun over here in my SF. So maybe it's YOU. (again, speaking collectively)

    "But all this negativity and speculation is dragging down the forum. It would be very nice if some moderators combined all these threads into one. There's nothing new being discussed, short of this one tweet we learned of today, which doesn't require multiple threads either. "

    You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly. Like you have any authority or right to determine how people should feel or where they should post things, or if they should post at all. There's nothing new being discussed because nothing new is happening in the game. Whether it's the end or not, it's reasonable and justifiable for people to speculate about it's future, and especially to voice frustration with what amounts to very poor customer service. We don't all need a book from you on EVERY thread about how you hate ALL the threads and hate this place so much. In your own words to me once, why don't you just AMSCRAY if you don't like it?

    Or to be less verbose than you, live and let live man.

    And seriously, if you know so much about data centers, you know darn well this isn't an infrastructure issue. Especially given that I understand EA is on AWS who offers HA and instant failover solutions pretty standardly. Also, it wouldn't be EA fixing the issue and it would be far more widespread throughout anyone using AWS cloud.
  • Johnny2bd
    671 posts Member
    GrowlyOne wrote: »
    You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly.

    20 plus years experience with online forums and I'd be hard pressed to remember a single individual who's contributed more negativity to a group.

    I can't and won't lay blame to a single person for how toxic this board has become over that past few years...but if I started pointing fingers, I know where I'd start that list.
  • barger9 wrote: »
    Oh... He's been trained, alright. What's the quickest way to get this guy to go away.

    I see you've experienced EA customer service. 😂
  • annettemarc
    7713 posts Member
    barger9 wrote: »
    Oh... He's been trained, alright. What's the quickest way to get this guy to go away.

    I see you've experienced EA customer service. 😂

    f2nshkjullc6.jpeg

    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • See? The Easter event has clearly just been delayed.
  • See? The Easter event has clearly just been delayed.

    :D :D :D

    Something big is definitely on the way
  • Snakeyees
    2319 posts Member
    Castiel19x wrote: »
    168sean168 wrote: »
    Who is Matt Selman?

    He's one of the main writers for tapped out.

    No wonder the content has been borning as of late
  • 4junk3000
    5232 posts Member
    And another thing, since we're all being so candid here, I notice that the dialog turnef to attacking my character when your argument fell flat on its face. You said there was more on the negative side, I asked you to list it, you offered nothing of substance, and once again I reiterated a logical argument that we've had breaks longer, that there's no consistency to be expected, and none of what your concerns are, are actually CREDIBLE. Any reasonable person cannot deny this. So when someone does, they shouldn't be surprised when they draw ridicule.

    Anyone wishing to dispute common sense can PM me as I don't appreciate being blamed for a toxic environment that I didn't create, but have succumbed to. It sucks I have to once again, stand on my own to defend a forum that doesn't devolve into nothing but naysaying. This has happened before, and we overcame those whiners too.
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • P-dont
    121 posts Member
    I want you @4junk3000 to be our Danny Ocean. I think you are the one who can keep all of us in line. Nothing but love from me.
  • You never stand alone. @4junk3000 :innocent:
    This is our last dance. This is ourselves under pressure.
  • 1pillform
    1976 posts Member
    Never heard of him.
    ~Always be Designing~
  • bluntcard
    3609 posts Member
    :::::eats popcorn 🍿::::
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • @4junk3000 isn’t turning every other thread into a whinefest and is one of the few voices rationalising a glass-half-full take on things. Fine by me.
  • simpsonare
    2141 posts Member
    That's all I needed to hear from Matt S.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6156 posts Moderator
    All of you need to chill out here. I don’t want to start bringing out the hammer, but I will. Keep it on topic, keep it civil and respect one another.
  • 4junk3000
    5232 posts Member
    edited May 4
    Thank you, P.
    Thank you, T.
    And thank you, Leon.

    I'm not trying to keep anyone in line or be an authority. We have great mods here.

    I just want the game to continue, and i come here hoping for good news, and to support other players with a rational point of view. If my rejection of someone else's negativity is offensive, well you reap what you sow. The threads i start, are rarely negative. Most usually are meant to encourage group participation, whether it's contests, or Showcase picture threads, or Off Topic games. I don't know why anyone is ganging up on me to call me negative, while they try to defend their "right" to spread rumor that the game is ending. The hypocrisy is staggering.

    I'm done discussing this now. Apologies to bystanders for my contribution to this train wreck, but i wasn't driving. =(
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • beastlymm
    280 posts Member
    edited May 4
    4junk3000 wrote: »

    I'm not trying to keep anyone in line or be an authority.

    Then keep your critiques of others to yourself. Enough said.
  • 4junk3000
    5232 posts Member
    beastlymm wrote: »
    4junk3000 wrote: »

    I'm not trying to keep anyone in line or be an authority.

    Then keep your critiques of others to yourself. Enough said.

    OMG i cannot roll my eyes any further back, at the hypocrisy of criticizing my REACTIONS to OTHER'S ACTIONS. This entire time, I'm responding to the negative tone first set by OTHERS. Yet, another hypocrite wants to jump on my back? That's cool... i got a reality sandwich you can have a bite of too.

    People express their opinions here daily, without any regard for other's feelings; so where do you get off trying to mute my opinion? I can't express myself because i disagree with someone and you don't like it? You're a hypocrite. If someone says something i don't like, I may reply; just like you have today.

    And I'm not "critiquing" anyone. Whining is as whining does, Gump. I'm just holding the light to it and saying it's unjustified, because as of yet, we've seen no evidence that the game is ending. Selfish impatience is the only thing fueling the naysaying, so far. Unless some of you are clairvoyant....

    You can try to redefine reality to suit your tantrum but I'll still deny it, and explain why, instead of just babbling nonsense and crying. And anyone still attacking me, you're sadly mistaken if you think i won't defend myself. I WILL assert that the game ISN'T ending, and that your rumor mongering IS a negative influence on the forum. I've been demonstrating how negatively your gossip is affecting me - for days! But since you don't seem to care, my respect for you is obviously nil. Don't act surprised for reaping what you've sown.

    Peace out, hyppie.





    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!