EA Forums - Banner

Long time players, how long will you stick around with no new stuff??

Replies

• scskye
    101 posts Member
    Until I can’t get in anymore
  • They should be worrying about people losing the habit of playing.

If, like me, you like your town, you're level 939, have maxed out the in-game cash, and nearly at the item limit, there's less and less incentive to play. No new items, no desire to move it all around, no new tasks. Just the daily thing for donuts you don't need because of everything already mentioned.

If you're a new player, you have all this to look forward to, and if they let people play past events again you're set for a while.

I spend 5 mins a day collecting income and playing the daily tasks, but only out of habit. Once that goes away, and there's nothing new to do, then what's the point. Take a photo of the town, save it somewhere, and look back fondly at something I used to enjoy before the creators stopped updating it.

But, with all that said, I am expecting something new soon...
  • 168sean168
    3138 posts Member
    I am just going into the game to clear my vandalised buildings. A game which I am playing to and fro with at least two players.
  • Maybe they’re just taking a while to make awesome new updates 😉
  • Till the bitter end
  • I'm about to hit the cash limit, I have over 6k donuts, I've unlocked all the land and I'm about at the item limit. My bonus % is as high as I'm happy about so......uhm..................I'm not sure what to do now.

The longer the game goes without an update, the less I'm going to log in - like once a day max.
  • I'm about to hit the cash limit, I have over 6k donuts, I've unlocked all the land and I'm about at the item limit. My bonus % is as high as I'm happy about so......uhm..................I'm not sure what to do now.

The longer the game goes without an update, the less I'm going to log in - like once a day max.

Set up another account and start again?
    I started a second town this year and it's been a lot of fun.
  • I am about to throw in the towel. I have been "done" for a long time now, but have kept playing out of habit. At this point I may or may not log in once a day to clear tasks and reset for 24 hours and the last few events I was setting timers to remember to log in during the day. How sad is that - I had to set reminders to log in because I'm not sure if I care about the events any more or not. I've been playing since the beginning of 2014 and am level 939, but I'm no where close to having capped in game cash or mountains of donuts and have plenty to keep working for in the Yearbook Mystery Box. After 14 years playing various MMOs, I quit last year because I was sick of the formulaic grind. I think the same mentality is spilling over towards TSTO.

Set up another account and start again?
    I started a second town this year and it's been a lot of fun.

Thing is, I'm not sure I can be bothered starting it all over again. It's taken since just before the Whacking Day event to get to where I am now and I'm not sure I could spend the next few years doing it all again in the knowledge that it's just going to end and I'm going to run out of things to do again, as I have now.

If EA do release new updates and contents, then happy days. If they don't, then doing it all over again seems a bit pointless.
  • Long timer - started playing August 2012 and tapped every day since. During that time I’ve had 2 kids and moved countries but Tapped Out has stayed with me - can’t pick up my iPad without sone tapping.

I’m level 939, cleared the Yearbook and still have a few thousand donuts to spare; however I still need to get all the land and I haven’t got Rock and A Hard Place yet. Would like to try and max out IGC, plus I have a bit of designing still to do to fit a few things in, so I can hang around waiting for a while yet.

I’m sure it won’t be much longer and hope it’s worth the wait.
  • MabdulD
    99 posts Member
    I deleted my game today but will check this forum every day for a while and re-download if they ever do an other update. There's just no reason for me to have the game on my phone anymore.
  • I'm going to collect my land tokens 1-by-1, no donuts to speed it up...doing this the hard way!

Once I've cleared every last square I'll nuke the town and build my vision of Springfield.

...then we'll see.
  • I'm going to keep sticking around, because I'm sure there will be an update soon. I'm not giving up, regardless of how many warnings the moderators give me for it.
  • I’ve been playing since it initially launched in 2012. I’ve played everyday since they fixed that initial loading bug and have mostly been a freemium player with the occasional donut splurge, but mostly kept to KEM farming and such. I never went for everything that’s been offered but kept it simple for years opting for a smaller focused Springfield until I truly figured out how to farm. The yearbook prize box was interesting but lately I’ve been having a hard time wanting to play due to how stale it’s been lately. I always made time in mornings and evenings with the occasional check-in’s during the day, but even today I have yet to log in to do any of that. It’s not what it used to be and it’s a shame. I’m hoping for more original content, so we’ll see.
  • I logged in sometime last week. With no point to it, I am not going continue visiting my town just to reposition and rearrange stuff .
    However I have good memories. I remember all the great hints I got here in this forum for the events. And the helpful glitches that everyone tried to announce without spoiling them. How happy I was when I first earned my avatar in this forum. In the game I remember visiting advanced players towns to see the items I wanted to get. How special donuts used to be before it became easy to farm them. The excitement when the train was new. The fun threads here like the time when everyone wanted the NPC tourists to be released for purchase and finally EA released them. Good stuff.
    I know you guys have special memories about the game and forum too!
    "We are, without a doubt, the weirdest ship in the fleet." - Lt. Malloy, The Orville.
  • Been playing since the beginning. At 949, max IGC, 80k donuts, 2500% multiplier, it was a fun journey. But all good things must come to an end.
  • empathy77
    4134 posts Member
    They should be worrying about people losing the habit of playing.

If, like me, you like your town, you're level 939, have maxed out the in-game cash, and nearly at the item limit, there's less and less incentive to play. No new items, no desire to move it all around, no new tasks. Just the daily thing for donuts you don't need because of everything already mentioned.

If you're a new player, you have all this to look forward to, and if they let people play past events again you're set for a while.

I spend 5 mins a day collecting income and playing the daily tasks, but only out of habit. Once that goes away, and there's nothing new to do, then what's the point. Take a photo of the town, save it somewhere, and look back fondly at something I used to enjoy before the creators stopped updating it.

But, with all that said, I am expecting something new soon...

Same boat, I used to tap every day until this dead zone, now I am tapping every other day at best and it is mainly to get a land token
  • I've cleaned out the yearbook and finished all the quests. Until the zoom issue is fixed, I really can't design. Pretty much done.
  • Castiel19x
    3857 posts Member
    Looks like no update again. :(
    Nuking is always the answer