EA Forums - Banner

Hey EA. TSTO matters to us your customers - Thanks for the info!

Replies

• To be fair that May 8th update when I first saw it I thought it was a recent update too, it's an easy thing to do and I bet many people on the first initial glance thought that considering its a sticky there still.

It was only when I took a second glance I noticed "Oh it's a year ago is that" before clicking into it (which I didn't do as I noticed the 2018 thing).

Point is, it's an easy mistake and I guarantee lots of people probably did the same when they saw the sticky there.
  • Willy9292
    1469 posts Member
    Well, I lurk often and rarely comment. I used to be an active part of these boards but decided to pretty much bow out. I’ve played the game for about 6 years and am still playing daily. Here’s why I’ll likely never spend another dime (my town is 100% complete)

The lack of a Thanksgiving event was the first clue that EA was uninterested in adding more content. Then St Patrick’s Day fun was ignored. Then no Easter. I thought we would revisit Whacking Day. Obviously I was hoping for too much.

Sure, it’s just a game. (Shut up you stupid whiners. You just aren’t being patient)

How about an announcement regarding the lack of the promised update of May 8 placed at the top of the forums to let us know **** is going on?

Again that May 8th update was from LAST YEAR. learn to read the whole posts.

Thanks for pointing this out so nicely. I’m going to take you up on your advice and learn how to read. Although, I did try to read that post pinned to the top of the forums, apparently I, being such an idiot, missed that the forums keeps IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS pinned up there forever.

Here’s a thought. Take down old IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS. (The date of 2018 was there, I missed it.)

Not to beat a dead horse, but I am the OP of this thread and I created it April 27th. It has not been up forever. All of the posts pinned as announcements are currently used and I don't see any that should come down.
    I do understand everyone's frustration, we all just want information.
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • Willy9292 wrote: »
    Well, I lurk often and rarely comment. I used to be an active part of these boards but decided to pretty much bow out. I’ve played the game for about 6 years and am still playing daily. Here’s why I’ll likely never spend another dime (my town is 100% complete)

The lack of a Thanksgiving event was the first clue that EA was uninterested in adding more content. Then St Patrick’s Day fun was ignored. Then no Easter. I thought we would revisit Whacking Day. Obviously I was hoping for too much.

Sure, it’s just a game. (Shut up you stupid whiners. You just aren’t being patient)

How about an announcement regarding the lack of the promised update of May 8 placed at the top of the forums to let us know **** is going on?

Again that May 8th update was from LAST YEAR. learn to read the whole posts.

Thanks for pointing this out so nicely. I’m going to take you up on your advice and learn how to read. Although, I did try to read that post pinned to the top of the forums, apparently I, being such an idiot, missed that the forums keeps IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS pinned up there forever.

Here’s a thought. Take down old IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS. (The date of 2018 was there, I missed it.)

Not to beat a dead horse, but I am the OP of this thread and I created it April 27th. It has not been up forever. All of the posts pinned as announcements are currently used and I don't see any that should come down.
    I do understand everyone's frustration, we all just want information.

I think the old sticky being referenced is the May 8 announcement from 2018. It really should not be stickied up there anymore. It confuses people, and the less to scroll past, the better too.
  • I just unpinned it myself
  • I just unpinned it myself

Good job neighbor!
    PoJ6JhN.jpg
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • Gah! I mean if you're not going to do any content updates, fine, whatever, but I'd at least like to be able to putter around rearranging my town, assigning tasks, etc. without the stupid Bart screen interrupting me every two minutes! I would be using this down time decorating my town and arranging all the buildings I've unceremoniously dumped everywhere on acquiring them. This alone is enough to make me stop playing altogether.
  • Gah! I mean if you're not going to do any content updates, fine, whatever, but I'd at least like to be able to putter around rearranging my town, assigning tasks, etc. without the stupid Bart screen interrupting me every two minutes! I would be using this down time decorating my town and arranging all the buildings I've unceremoniously dumped everywhere on acquiring them. This alone is enough to make me stop playing altogether.

This completely
  • This really sucks! I can't find another game I like as much as this one. I've been playing for 7 years.
  • This is the first time in a couple years that I haven’t logged into the game at least once. I don’t like it. I want my game back, EA!
  • This really sucks! I can't find another game I like as much as this one. I've been playing for 7 years.

Im having the same issue.
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • We deserve answers!!! C'mon EA, please tell us something! I wholeheartedly love this game, as do many people all over the world...please tell us what is going on!!
  • AJtheboss1
    3867 posts Member
    Who wants to play a game?

Let’s guess if and when EA responds or updates the game. The winner gets bragging rights if they’re the closest.

Might as well make this wait entertaining. Somewhat.

If there’s an update, my guess would be the beginning of June or the end of May.
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • Willy9292
    1469 posts Member
    edited May 11
    AJtheboss1 wrote: »
    Who wants to play a game?

Let’s guess if and when EA responds or updates the game. The winner gets bragging rights if they’re the closest.

Might as well make this wait entertaining. Somewhat.

If there’s an update, my guess would be the beginning of June or the end of May.
    My guess
    Tuesday May 28.16:30 EST
    Springfield Heights land expansion
  • annettemarc
    7713 posts Member
    Tuesday, May 14th, noon EST. (which is 9AM in California/EA-Land) :)
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • Can we have a ruling please?
    Do we want the time the update hits the servers or the time the event starts?
  • Willy9292
    1469 posts Member
    edited May 11
    Um... I'll change mine to May 14th ..... and Annette wins
  • Never mind
    Looks like Annette wins
  • Willy9292
    1469 posts Member
    Hey everyone. Thanks for supporting this thread. I know it didn't make much difference but maybe, just maybe, we at least got the message across that there is a loyal base here. They obviously knew everyone was wanting info, I don't recall ever getting advanced notice of an update from Matt Selman before.

Happy Tapping!!!!!!
  • Thank you @Willy9292 xx frustration is a hell of a thing! Xx
  • Tuesday, May 14th, noon EST. (which is 9AM in California/EA-Land) :)

This would be my guess too. But I defer to Annette if she’s right. She gets the prize... There is a prize, isn’t there?🤩