EA Forums - Banner

Hey EA. TSTO matters to us your customers - Thanks for the info!

Replies

• AJtheboss1
    3864 posts Member
    Can we have a ruling please?
    Do we want the time the update hits the servers or the time the event starts?
    I would say just stick to the date given the time would be a little too precise. But with that said, you can add a time and if both are correct, you’ll get double bragging rights.
    Perhaps it would also be a good time to buy a lottery too. 😂

"The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6112 posts Moderator
    I’m gonna un-sticky this thread now considering we now have a legit release date on the next content update
  • johncolombo
    10970 posts Senior Moderator
    I’m gonna un-sticky this thread now considering we now have a legit release date on the next content update

I just got in and saw this thread first. Good news.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • Lol, so much denial. It’s over, guys.

z7kk4bk9rd14.jpeg

You were saying? 😋
  • Lol, so much denial. It’s over, guys.

z7kk4bk9rd14.jpeg

You were saying? 😋

:D :D
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • 4junk3000
    5232 posts Member
    Lol, so much denial. It’s over, guys.

z7kk4bk9rd14.jpeg

You were saying? 😋

a LOT of people were saying. Not seeing any apologies from them either. None expected though.
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • AJtheboss1
    3864 posts Member
    I’m sure most people who said it’s over are happy to see it’s not. Let’s not throw hate around. After all, we all enjoy this game. Why else would we even bother coming on the forum to write about it if we didn’t, right?
  • AJtheboss1 wrote: »
    I’m sure most people who said it’s over are happy to see it’s not. Let’s not throw hate around. After all, we all enjoy this game. Why else would we even bother coming on the forum to write about it if we didn’t, right?

Good posting!
  • 4junk3000 wrote: »
    Lol, so much denial. It’s over, guys.

z7kk4bk9rd14.jpeg

You were saying? 😋

a LOT of people were saying. Not seeing any apologies from them either. None expected though.

A lot of people were saying it’s over? As in the game is dead? In pretty much every thread, regardless of topic?

Mmmmnup, doesn’t ring a bell.
  • bluntcard
    3568 posts Member
    edited May 13
    deleted
    Post edited by bluntcard on
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • Is this some cruel sick joke?

Is that all I am to you?

Here I was, having a life, accepting my responsibilities I was.... I am ok.

Now you come back, expecting me to take you back like nothing ever happened.

This isn't right ok?

I've made changes, you're not the center of my world anymore, I have plans, friends...... Listen I've been seeing others.

I'm not saying you don't mean anything to me, it's just, I was lonely.

I know I can't undo what I did, but maybe that's part of all of this, I mean I was just about to tell someone I had a crush on them and I was planning on seeing how it unfolded.

I like you.

I really do.

But I'm not in love with you, I'm in love with who you were years ago, when I was pointless wandering. We've both changed, we can't go back to how it was, but that doesn't mean we can't still stay in touch.

I mean we'll still see each other (you're in my main screen anyways) it's just....

You won't be the only videogame in my life anymore.

If life hands me more responsibilities they will come first, it's not you, I just have to show more responsibility.

If I'm not completely embarrassed and sent to Albuquerque when I tell my crush I like her.... Well, my time will be greatly divided is all I'm saying.

You were a wonderful friend Tapped Out

You tortured me, used me, made fun of me, took my money and kept me awake at night.

A better friend I haven't had in ages.

Yet things are different now.

We're different, but that doesn't mean we still can't be friends.

I'll still be here Tapped Out, tapping away and having fun, just not like we used to, and that's ok.
  • AJtheboss1 wrote: »

Absolutely agree
    I saw speculation that the game might be ending which was understandable.
    I also saw discontent but it was aimed at the lack of information coming from EA.
    Tbh that situation stands as far as I'm concerned. I've seen the tweet from Mr Selman but nothing from EA
  • KLmaker
    205 posts Member
    Now I know there has been a disclosure, but if I don't say this, when will I say it, I just hope EA read it.

I have got 4 things from Mystery Box, not a lot because I don't have the donuts and it's not my iPad. I am Freemium, but if I had the donuts-iPad-money I think I could be tempted to spend a bit of money in certain areas, I wanted the Golden Goose Realty that badly.

When I started, it was somewhere before funzo Christmas thing and didn't fully understand what was the point, (Not a fan of The Sims, why would I do that), I took the game up to Mars colony, really to see if it was suitable for my nephew, (about 10 years old), and he progressed it forwards a bit.
    So I thought, OK I'll help you out, but he doesn't do so much now, but I do, every day in fact.
    Perhaps I should sign up to TSTO Addicts as well.

TSTO is much better than the Sims with Sim City thrown in.

I'm in my 40's and a bit stubborn in taking up gaming apps, he (Nephew) was telling me about streaming Forza, vines on YouTube and he said something else about funny vids?
    I grew up with Candid Camera and It'll Be Alright On The Night, (Rest in peace Denis Norden, you were a God presenter amongst men),

Before, I just really built and placed stuff anywhere, but then I had an urge, NO, a seed, that grew inside me to make KrustyLand similar to real theme parks, I was buying up all land tiles, it would be my thing and it would be special.

But then they scorched it, I felt let down, burned, crushed and dead inside, but then Moe's Ark happened and it was like I was reborn.
    But Krustyland will still never exist in my Springfield, aside from the amount of room needed, it caused some really horrible lag.

My Zoo was getting too big in my minds eye, long before the event even finished, (Just a bit bigger than KL), but now it wants to be 20x20 land tiles, 4 times bigger than KL, and I think even then it may need to be bigger.
    I think maybe 20x30?
    I think the rivers and hills need a bit more room, I need at least 200 land tokens for starters.

I missed the Golden Goose Realty by 10 donuts because I had been buying properties to go in my Zoo. I would have bought the donuts if I was able because I wanted to expand my zoo that badly.

I have come to the realisation that TSTO is Virtual Modelling with character, how many people had train sets, let alone playing with cars, and how many would have liked to take it too the next level.

Sure I had a fold down board with hills made out of plaster and it was all painted, but it didn't have the sand finish for grass, sponge trees or anything like that and it wasn't to scale.
    I don't have the room for such a thing now or time to paint or whatever.

But with TSTO, I can do it virtually, looking at screenshots of Springfield's, (Respect to all of you), is like walking round museums & fairs looking at scale models of: railway yards, tank battles, WW 1 trenches, towns & cities, the models used in the CSI episodes of "The Miniature Killer" would be a good example.
    Not the little ones that Grissom had, I mean the BIG ONE in the house.

Ever since Moe's Ark, (Mine is going to be more of a Stately Home, (Homes such as Longleat, Bowood, Tredegar or Beaulieu are examples of what I'm after), rather than a zoo), I have been collecting items from events that I can repurpose elsewhere.

I went through events such as Valentines & THOH with a very single minded approach.
    And have looked at and altered stuff I already had from other things, SFH or I&SL for example, (Considering there was a lot of rubbish from I&SL I'm surprised it's come out of storage), Cops & Robbers, (Again, surprising, especially as Plunderer Pete's was blocking purchasing throughout Act's 2 & 3), really wanted Red Phone Boxes.

I've got 4 items from the Mystery Box that I wanted and 4 I didn't, but I want at the very least another 35 items, (about 4,500 donuts by my reckoning, I won't be buying them though, can be a month's wages that), some of which I knew about, but a lot I didn't, but I have been very busy planning since then about what I want and where it will go.

Considering what Simpson gamers have been doing AND-ASKING-FOR:

SFH expansion, lot more land for starters.

Krustyland separate from Springfield for those who want it.

Game doesn't crash when collecting money from properties and jobs;
    Game doesn't crash when you rush jobs from Employment Office;
    Game doesn't lag when collecting money from properties and jobs;
    Game doesn't crash when you find a Relic at Dig Site;
    Game doesn't crash when you... well, it just stops crashing
    Game doesn't just crash then tell me it's my fault not theirs, even though I can play the Daily Challenge on Spider and Solitaire for which I need a broadband connection, so it must be their game;
    Doesn't crash while loading it, there's Homer being chased by SkyFinger then Bart's pulled the lead out, again, "Try that again" he says, "You mocking me sunshine";

A real zoom in & out function, so we can zoom in and out and see a lot more of our SF's and move about.

Able to sell stuff that we don't want, so it doesn't max out the limits in SF or the storage is not just constant scrolling, I&SL Gate (Who designed that?), or something that came from the Mystery Box that wasn't wanted, I have a robot!

There were complaints about "crafting", and EA stopped it, but it wasn't so much crafting, (I liked crafting), on it's own that some people didn't like, it was the ever increasing prices, (I hated expensive crafting),
    The prices steadily got more expensive as you went through the 3 Acts, but at least you could get 4,000 items from The Daily Challenge.

But why did they drop it down to 400 items for Moe's Ark, I loved the event but I couldn't afford it, (Like a lot of people), Great Plains and Warmongers especially.
    I wanted all 4 parts of habitat for each and every animal and several parts of Warmongers spread out among them. So that was never going to happen was it.

Some people didn't like having to craft in Act 1 if they wanted something from Act 2, and likewise from Act's 2 to 3.

No EA don't owe us anything, but we deserve a big apology, for example, the stuff Plunderer Pete's blocked, available to buy with IGC.

The Simpson's TV show will always have fans, and new one's as well, a bit like the Goonies who never say die.
    And I reckon Matt Groening has a Barbara Broccoli of his own somewhere.
    The game itself can only move forward and grow in popularity as a result.
    It was the constant crashing that turned my Nephew off TSTO on his own iPad, though he still does it on this one sometimes.

I am evidence of a growing fan base for starters.

The gamers are like seeds that land on soil or sand where the roots take hold and they grow and flourish, EA's PR have been like seeds that land on pavements and gravel so they don't take hold and get blown away by the wind and take our voices with it.

Long post I know, but you did ask for whines/opinions, and if you care about something then you speak up for it.
    And you have no idea how many times I've written this, so it's going up.
  • Willy9292
    1424 posts Member
    I wanted to take a minute and sum up this last turbulent period, from my perspective, and to call for a new direction here.

First, many people were of the opinion that many circumstances, including no updates, and what seemed like a fire sale of content, indicated that the game was approaching its end.

Second, many more people were just fed up with EA refusing to say anything about the future of the game, and in some ways thumbing their corporate noses at the user base.

Other people had an equally strong opinion that the first and second ideas were ridiculous.

Views 1 and 2 were not limited to here. They were being expressed on other sites, and on social media. There was certainly enough outcry that it had to be seen by EA

For whatever reason, we got information that an update is forthcoming, and "Tapped Out is not tapped out" Great news, but not from EA. So resentment of their poor communication still stands with many.

Did the outcry help prolong the game? We will probably never know, unless EA actually says " We heard you"

The issue had taken over most conversation here, no matter what the thread topic was. Some of us attempted to get this conversation in one place, and this thread was one of those efforts.

Now it is time to put this behind us, and I am going to stick my neck out and suggest ways we can.

First and foremost, there is a growing trend here. If an opinion is expressed that some users disagree with, they perceive it as a personal attack on them, and respond in kind. This needs to stop. Personal attacks on each other are beneath every one here. We are, and can be better than that. Express disagreement, make your case, but above all respect the right of people to hold a different opinion. No personal attacks.

Second, lets respect the people who make a thread by not hijacking it, throwing add me in, or doing things to derail it.

This forum is at least 50% of my enjoyment of the game. I have made friends here, and I try, not always successfully, to follow my own advice above.

Trolls will come, and eventually go. There will be hot button issues. I, for one, love a good debate.

So all my TSTO friends, lets keep calm and Tap On.

ps If you disagree with this post, feel free to tell me so. Respectfully. We are all entitled to our opinions.

W
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • I remember when we had the April fool joke update ENDGAME thread on the forum… I really thought it was turning out as it was not an April fool joke, we were left more than 2 months without an update.

I am glad I was wrong and the game is not ending yet. I also believed it was put into maintenance mode.

Sorry for being wrong, but everything left us to believe the game was over!

I am supper happy and glad we'll have an update. I do not mind if they do updates less frequently, its just nice to see the game (and the forum!) alive again :)
  • Well said @Willy9292 👍🏻
  • AJtheboss1
    3864 posts Member
    I couldn’t agree more @Willy9292. I have noticed this during my short period back on the forum. I’ve personally quit using the forum for this very reason. It seems like some people can’t stand the fact that there might be others with differing opinions, ignoring the fact that they’re in the same boat as those they perceive as different.

It’s okay to disagree with people.
    It’s okay to get annoyed with what people say.
    It’s okay not to like certain topics of discussion.

What’s NOT okay is creating a toxic environment where people are afraid to voice their opinions just because YOU don’t like it. That’s the epitome of self-centered entitlement.

Peoples concern with this games will being comes from a place of love for this game.

Sure, some people might come off as negative with constant comments about “it's over this time.” But have people who constantly take that bait ever consider their aggressive responses are equally as negative and bring down the vibe of the forum? Just a thought people should consider before replying to things.

Anyways, I’m done with my rant. I hope it didn’t offend anyone.
  • cjryder625
    1387 posts Member
    I remember when we had the April fool joke update ENDGAME thread on the forum… I really thought it was turning out as it was not an April fool joke, we were left more than 2 months without an update.

I am glad I was wrong and the game is not ending yet. I also believed it was put into maintenance mode.

Sorry for being wrong, but everything left us to believe the game was over!

I am supper happy and glad we'll have an update. I do not mind if they do updates less frequently, its just nice to see the game (and the forum!) alive again :)

I can't quite believe it is true. Reserving judgement...
    I love my computer...all my friends live in it
  • Goodness, weeks of moaning. Its a GAME, games begin and end. If it stays---- ok. If it ends---- ok, lets look for another game to play, Or lets go out and get some real fresh air, make our own games like we did 50 years ago. Lets go out find new friends, new places, new civilisatio-----------------ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.
  • cjryder625
    1387 posts Member
    grumpygruf wrote: »
    Goodness, weeks of moaning. Its a GAME, games begin and end. If it stays---- ok. If it ends---- ok, lets look for another game to play, Or lets go out and get some real fresh air, make our own games like we did 50 years ago. Lets go out find new friends, new places, new civilisatio
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

been there, done that, got the t-shirt, want my game back up and running :'(

I love my computer...all my friends live in it