EA Forums - Banner

GOOD NEWS FOLKS

Replies

• Gonna start makin the donuts again!
    "We are, without a doubt, the weirdest ship in the fleet." - Lt. Malloy, The Orville.
  • cdepast
    2461 posts Member
    considering the game probably lost a significant number of players during this lull I'd suggest everyone buy a few doughnuts. revenue is the only thing that will keep the game alive.
  • nissa762
    1951 posts Member
    cdepast wrote: »
    considering the game probably lost a significant number of players during this lull I'd suggest everyone buy a few doughnuts. revenue is the only thing that will keep the game alive.

If the event has something to purchase like a platinum scratcher or character etc., I'll definitely purchase. Might purchase a few regular scratchers if there isn't anything special to purchase too.
  • cdepast wrote: »

Um, that's a hard nope. I'm not rewarding them for bad behaviour. Any players they lost during the lull due to the lack of communication is on them. If the game offers some decent content for cash only, and at a reasonable price (think a $10 character, not a $50 factory), then I will likely purchase it.
  • cdepast wrote: »

Great idea, feel free to buy them on my behalf.
  • Perfect timing for me, I literally just yesterday snagged the last items from the yearbook!

It's been a long slog, but I've been flat out (like a lizard drinking) farming Donuts to score all the items. I lost count of how many new things I grabbed but my bonus went from 630ish% before the yearbook to a now much healthier 1030% today.
    With that bonus & the amount of cash my town now generates I'm easily able to earn 150 donuts/day so bring on the new update and keep 'em coming EA.
  • Loanet
    357 posts Member
    Whatever there is to buy, I'll use my billions to get a few thousand more donuts as it happens.
  • Oatmeal832 wrote: »
    I’ll spit my coffee out if it’s an Easter event

I don't see what else it could be.

it can't be easter almost 1 month after

It can. It's always moving around anyway.

It's never "moved around" to mid-May!!!

There's a first time for everything.
  • ...SCENARIO: Just days before the event goes live, the EA game development team, knowing that - no matter what the event contains - at least half the forum members will absolutely hate it, realize that their best choice is to head for another continent.

The ones who got away early:
    dup56kc1daqo.gif

The ones still working on the servers:
    6nemwuu7qxjs.gif

:D :D :D
    so glad you're back on the forum @annettemarc

this made my day thanks annette!

still no package from ea..
  • 4junk3000
    5232 posts Member

giphy.gif
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • No update in app store/play store the day before the 'Event' is suppose to go live is worrisome. Been around a long time through some of the worst issues to plague the game and nothing about what is happening suggests we will actually see an update tomorrow. I'd love to be wrong but the unresolved server issues alone suggest that at the very least EA is not ready to push content updates with any amount of certainty people will actually be able to play as intended. That is the best case scenario.

Unfortunately, as I have lamented over the years here, EA's lack of communication and deafing silence on problem resolution and known bugs/glitches has been the most consistent aspect of their business. Customer service has always been EA's lowest priority. It is awful and disrespectful but it is consistently their M.O.

I have expected nothing more throughout this entire spell which is why I have reserved my opinion until now.

This forum has spiraled with negativity, speculation, false news, accusations and genuinely nasty snarky comments because people are upset at EA and TSTO but are projecting their anger at other forum members. Also, the schoolyard 'In crowd' that seems to exist just below the surface (you all know who you are) doesnt hold any real power despite their high and mighty judgements and damnations. It's a forum. People post questions willy nilly. People make redundant topics. People get off topic. 90% of the negativity on this forum would evaporate if everyone just resisted the tempatation to 'I Gottcha!' the person that posts in the wrong spot, makes a 'new' redundant topic or speculates on the eventual demise of Tapped Out. The best thing to do is ignore the question, topic or speculation that disagrees with you. And if your in agreement with said ridiculous speculation, question or topic well then, ignorance is bliss. Join in the convo.

As for the future of the game here is my OPINION:

Its anybody's guess. Until we get the 30 day notice, tap on. Or dont. Whatever.

I SPECULATE that there is a 50% chance of getting an update tomorrow. 😁 I am basing this on the long held theory of it will either happen or it wont.
    "I gave him a couple of blintzes to paint my fence but he never did it! "
  • ...SCENARIO: Just days before the event goes live, the EA game development team, knowing that - no matter what the event contains - at least half the forum members will absolutely hate it, realize that their best choice is to head for another continent.

dup56kc1daqo.gif

6nemwuu7qxjs.gif

Would you normally get the package from EA by now? Hopefully this isn’t anything to get worried about.

dup56kc1daqo.gif

6nemwuu7qxjs.gif

Would you normally get the package from EA by now? Hopefully this isn’t anything to get worried about.

unless its a small event/minievent and such, yes
  • OhHappyJays
    1588 posts Member
    ...SCENARIO: Just days before the event goes live, the EA game development team, knowing that - no matter what the event contains - at least half the forum members will absolutely hate it, realize that their best choice is to head for another continent.

dup56kc1daqo.gif

6nemwuu7qxjs.gif

unless its a small event/minievent and such, yes

Then, right now, it sounds like another mini event, or maybe something like an episode tie in (not sure, because yesterday night was the season finale), or another promotion type event like Marge At the Bat was.
    Trying to control the horizontal & the vertical. Do not adjust your TV.
  • Maybe the FILE will come tomorrow, and the event will start Wednesday?
  • rockyb2006 wrote: »
    Maybe the FILE will come tomorrow, and the event will start Wednesday?

That seems likely. :-D

• But but but... I thought the game was ending... EA had abandoned it.... :D

Happy to have something coming up.
  • Oatmeal832 wrote: »
    I’ll spit my coffee out if it’s an Easter event

I don't see what else it could be.

it can't be easter almost 1 month after

It can. It's always moving around anyway.

It's never "moved around" to mid-May!!!

There's a first time for everything.

Easter, for Eastern Orthodox and Catholics, ends on Pentecost Sunday. For us Catholics, it's June 9. For EO it's later. Not that I'm expecting or asking for an Easter event. Just saying it would not technically be unseasonable.
  • annettemarc
    7695 posts Member
    edited May 14
    This may sound blasphemous, but with so many people still unable to access their game, I almost hope (the first stage of) this "update" will be one to repair whatever is wrong for them. Because if a wonderful event drops, they won't be able to join in. (Mine is working okay for now, in the sense that I can play my game, though I do see Bart every five minutes or so.) I'm okay with being irritated, but if I couldn't play at all when a major event came along I'd be a Very Very Unhappy Camper.

Whether this "update" is an event or a fix is okay with me. For me, at least I know EA doesn't consider TSTO as a dead product. They might have abandoned me, but they haven't abandoned the game. B)
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL