EA Forums - Banner

TSTO Father’s Day

2Next

Replies

• So long as they do it on the actual Father's Day and not months later*.

*Unless you're American.

Well Mother’s Day was only 2 days ago

If you're American it was, but not for us Brits. I don't know why we can't all celebrate those days on the same day.

I know! I have to keep track of both!

(Father's Day is the same in both countries though)

Is It? I thought America had a different day for it to us.

No, it's the same. June 16 for both this year. Don't know the exact history but I suspect a shared origin, unlike Mother's Day.
  • 0Brooders0
    2105 posts Member
    Father's Day was founded in Spokane, Washington at the YMCA in 1910 by Sonora Smart Dodd, who was born in Arkansas. Its first celebration was in the Spokane YMCA on June 19, 1910. Her father, the Civil War veteran William Jackson Smart, was a single parent who raised his six children there.

The UK copied the idea.

... I always thought it was created by a card company :)
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • 0Brooders0 wrote: »

... I always thought it was created by a card company :)

Nah... that's Love Day... ;)
  • As I child I always remember decrying the lack of a childrens day and thinking it unfair that both of my parents got a dedicated day but I didn't.

When I was a kid and asked my parents why there was no Childrens Day, they'd reply "every day is Childrens Day!"

That was the stock reply from lots and lots of adults.

It felt like a cheat then and hasn't improved with age! :D
  • KLmaker
    322 posts Member
    [quote="0Brooders0;c-2068898"]Father's Day was founded in Spokane, Washington at the YMCA in 1910 by Sonora Smart Dodd, who was born in Arkansas. Its first celebration was in the Spokane YMCA on June 19, 1910. Her father, the Civil War veteran William Jackson Smart, was a single parent who raised his six children there.

The UK copied the idea.

... I always thought it was created by a card company :) [/quote]

I find it hard to believe the UK copied it, I imagine if anything, it was the UK greetings industry that copied it because it could make money.
    But I am a cynic, so, mah.
  • Oatmeal832 wrote: »
    As I child I always remember decrying the lack of a childrens day and thinking it unfair that both of my parents got a dedicated day but I didn't.

When I was a kid and asked my parents why there was no Childrens Day, they'd reply "every day is Childrens Day!"

They kind of have a point though. When you're a kid your parents find any excuse to buy you things!
  • 4junk3000
    5232 posts Member
    When you're a kid your parents find any excuse to buy you things!

tenor.gif?itemid=9957942

Hah! What planet are your parents from? That's a remarkably fortunate perspective.
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • Oatmeal832 wrote: »
    As I child I always remember decrying the lack of a childrens day and thinking it unfair that both of my parents got a dedicated day but I didn't.

Sunday, June 9
    Children's Day 2019 in United States

No one tell my kids about this