EA Forums - Banner

Yearbook or Vault

So which option do you prefer for buying new characters or buildings outta these two?

Me, personally I prefer the Vault tbh. At least the Vault offers donut rebates when buying stuff unlike the Yearbook.

Also with the Vault you are guaranteed 100% of getting the actual item or character that you want to buy.

Whereas with the Yearbook you only have a 1 in 5 chance, aka 20% chance of getting what you're actually after. With the Yearbook it's all easy too easy to end up with useless junk instead of the character or building that you want.

That's why I feel that the Vault is much superior to the Yearbook cuz of all these aspects tbh.

Replies

• Once you get everything from the vault that can only be purchased once and shows only the decorations that you can buy more than 1 of the same decoration, the vault becomes useless.

Unless you want to go crazy buying so many of the same decoration with the bonus payout to jack up your multiplayer up really high.

I already got everything out of the vault that can only be purchased one and purchased 1 each of the decoration with the bonus payout that you can buy more than 1 of the same.

The vault hasn't been updated with new stuff since it was added during the Time Travelling Event.

Do not add me as a friend in the game as I rarely visit my friend towns anymore. Not adding friends anymore in game
  • Willy9292
    1424 posts Member
    This is an apples and oranges discussion. The Yearbook doesn't offer rebates because of the incredible deep discounts. I have paid 30 donuts in the yearbook for items that I paid 150 in other towns when the item was new. To me the vault is good for building multiplier with jet bikes and the like, but there is nowhere near the savings there.
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • Yearbook. You may still end up paying 150 Donuts, but instead of one thing you'll have 5. And 5 is greater than 1. :smiley:
  • OhHappyJays
    1553 posts Member
    If there's a Vault item in the Yearbook Mystery Box, you'll only get that one. Some situations are better in the Vault, as you are able to buy as many JEBs as you want.
    Trying to control the horizontal & the vertical. Do not adjust your TV.
  • cool2006
    751 posts Member
    The year book is so much better
  • 179owb55a44y.jpg
    My yearbook is sad.
  • ^Your not going to take that last item there?

Do not add me as a friend in the game as I rarely visit my friend towns anymore. Not adding friends anymore in game
  • 4junk3000
    5232 posts Member
    This question is confusing to me, because from my perspective, the yearbook is the better place to buy anything you might find in the vault.

I just saw a building in the vault, for 150 donuts. Meanwhile, i went to the Yearbook, scrolled to the group with that item, and bought ALL FIVE ITEMS IN THE GROUP for the same 150 donuts.

I only buy from the vault when it's not available in the yearbook.
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • > @4junk3000 said:
    > This question is confusing to me, because from my perspective, the yearbook is the better place to buy anything you might find in the vault.
    >
    > I just saw a building in the vault, for 150 donuts. Meanwhile, i went to the Yearbook, scrolled to the group with that item, and bought ALL FIVE ITEMS IN THE GROUP for the same 150 donuts.
    >
    > I only buy from the vault when it's not available in the yearbook.

Agreed.

Also, I really wish they'd put stuff in the vault that is not available in the yearbook. Since the game pause, I don't think any item in the vault has been unique.
  • At 30 donuts a pop, I'm still WAY ahead after items like the 3-eyed whale, Springfield Gorge, and the other big 200+ donut land masses.

The YB for sure.
  • 4junk3000
    5232 posts Member
    edited May 31
    Is there a list of which items in the yearbook have a bonus multiplier?

I'm getting all the buildings and characters, but I'd like to get all the bonus multipliers too.

I don't need all the NPCs. Ugh trying to avoid C.o.C. nerds and funzos like the plague they are!

Edit: umm i can't abbreviate Clash of Clones? Who the EFF sets these stupid restrictions.
    Post edited by 4junk3000 on
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • GrowlyOne
    68 posts Member
    edited May 31
    I thought the same but the C.o.C nerds will add 16% total to your bonus for all 8. (They're not 2% each. Of the four of each colour there's: 1.75%, 2%, 2%, 2.25%
  • lucienleon519
    901 posts Member
    edited May 31
    The nerds are a great pick up for the %. They work well on my university campus.
  • The nerds are a great pick up for the %. They work well on my university campus.

I'm going to use them in my B town as part of a medieval section of KL where I'm storing a lot of my castles and similar things.
  • Willy9292
    1424 posts Member
    I put mine to work in construction. They seem quite productive.

P1l7s0w.png
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • Willy9292 wrote: »

P1l7s0w.png

Clever, I like it!!
  • Willy9292 wrote: »

P1l7s0w.png

Outstanding as always neighbor!
    5 is greater than 1. :smiley:

Interesting theory. Tell me more...
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    Willy9292 wrote: »
    This is an apples and oranges discussion. The Yearbook doesn't offer rebates because of the incredible deep discounts. I have paid 30 donuts in the yearbook for items that I paid 150 in other towns when the item was new. To me the vault is good for building multiplier with jet bikes and the like, but there is nowhere near the savings there.

I got Springfield Gorge from it, not bad considering it originally cost 250 dlnuts!
  • Didn't know the nerds had a bonus, I'll look out for them! The whacking day bundle in the yearbook has a good bonus percentage too, about 11-12% iirc.