EA Forums - Banner

How dare you, EA

Prev13
How dare you hold a Simpsons panel at E3 and just announce an update for Tapped Out, which should have been announced ages ago and independent from this. No new console game, just an app update.

I hope somebody from EA is reading this, and I hope they are prepared for the number of players who will stop playing this game over this.

Many people were expecting a new Simpsons console game to be announced, and for you to further rub salt in the wound by confirming there was a game in the works that was cancelled is shocking behaviour.

EA, if you don't announce a new console Simpsons game then I predict Tapped Out's days will be numbered - because nobody wanted that update to be what you announced.

Replies

• I’m pretty sure EA had no involvement in today’s E3 conference. It was a panel of writers for the show and past games. Though, I do agree that it was pretty lousy of them to just announce the update with no info on a new game.
  • Castiel19x
    3806 posts Member
    edited June 12
    I’m disappointed that theres no console game but i won’t stop playing tapped out over it.
    Nuking is always the answer
  • Doughal
    202 posts Member
    Wow! I'm almost speechless. :lol:
  • Yep, I'm sure that up to 0.01% of Tapped Out players knew that there was going to be an event about Simpsons games on E3.
  • This was the ONLY thing they could have announced that would have gotten me excited. I play TSTO, so an update for the game I play is much more appealing than something announced for a console I don't own. Also, the fact that TSTO is their only game leads me to believe they will continue to support it. This is great news for everyone on this forum.
  • AJtheboss1
    3864 posts Member
    edited June 12
    Really? You’re gonna quit a Simpsons game because a Simpsons game wasn’t announced? Seems kinda counterintuitive, don’t ya think?
    As much as I’d love a Simpsons game for a console, I doubt they’d make it the way I’d want to play it, I.e. make it an open world RPG. That’s expensive to produce and I doubt there would be a big enough contingent of people who’d want to pay $60 for a Simpsons game given a lot of young people don’t even watch the show.
    The people who grew up with it will either have outgrown gaming or simply wouldn’t care much about the shows overtly woke themes which, like this game, make its way into a console game.
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • This generation is so entitled.
  • Yeah, I'm not shocked or appalled and unlike many of the speculators on here, I never actually thought they were going to announce a new game. Also, I didn't care and didn't watch it.
  • I’m pretty sure EA had no involvement in today’s E3 conference. It was a panel of writers for the show and past games. Though, I do agree that it was pretty lousy of them to just announce the update with no info on a new game.

Yeah, and then to go and talk about a cancelled console game too, as if to rub it in. That was really disgusting; they should be ashamed.
  • Please speak for yourself.
  • scskye
    101 posts Member
    This post makes no sense to me. Why would anyone who’s played Tapped Out (an app game) care about a console game?
  • KLmaker
    221 posts Member
    edited June 13
    I have to agree with @kylemellev801.

I don't have a console that they would have released a game on, I only play on iPad.

Would someone who plays the app then divert their time to do something similar?? on console?? I cannot see it so much myself.

There are two sides to a Simpson's console game.
    1st. It costs money and it diverts funds and effort away from any app game work.
    2nd. If it's a success it will bring money in to EA and that would include the app, (that is only relevant if it's ring fenced of course), but over what time frame?
    Otherwise, all profits from games would end up in the same place and it wouldn't matter anyway.

I don't know how it works in America, but over here, UK, you do find businesses will seperate out branches of a business and turn them into seperate divisions, rather than keeping them as one whole venture. It saves on paying extra tax I think.

Theoretically, as they have many successful games, there should be enough money coming in to EA they could safely update and even increase their servers for their apps and get rid of a lot of problems.

Considering the problems we suffer are so bad, but it didn't used to be this way, it's either servers, programming or both?
    Are they using MS Dos? Are their computers using Vista?

Fix the app, perhaps then a console game might become viable, after all what newbie would play a Simpson's console game if they can't get the app right.
    They will need to attract new players to make it viable.

If you build it, they will come... maybe?
  • This generation is so entitled.

No doubt. You should take to social media and complain until you get your way. Wow.
  • p3bowman
    515 posts Member
    Maybe chill out a bit?
  • Denisgarfield74
    47 posts Member
    edited June 13
    Opinions are like [Removed - CM] : everybody's got one.... 🙄
    Complaining for months for a new TSTO update; and if we finally get one, complain about a cnsole game.... sheesh...
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
  • scskye wrote: »
    This post makes no sense to me. Why would anyone who’s played Tapped Out (an app game) care about a console game?

I'd rather have a console game than this Tapped Out Update if I had to choose between the two. I like Tapped Out but I was expecting a console game announcement, everybody was and EA didn't deliver on their promise.
  • scskye wrote: »

I'd rather have a console game than this Tapped Out Update if I had to choose between the two. I like Tapped Out but I was expecting a console game announcement, everybody was and EA didn't deliver on their promise.

They didn't promise anything and anyone who was expecting a game announcement made it up in their heads. Where in any of the promo material for the panel did you read anything about an announcement about a new game? You didn't.
  • cjryder625
    1387 posts Member
    Well whatever they promised or not why on earth they made a song and dance about this event I don’t know. It is just another multi mini event. The writers have definitely lost their mojo and urgently need new blood to lift the game. I’m just about done. Don’t think I can be bothered for much longer. Everything comes to an end I suppose. ☹️
    I love my computer...all my friends live in it