EA Forums - Banner

Yard Sale Mystery Box and Coach Pommelhorst

stingray1122
8708 posts Member
edited July 19
Has anyone got Coach Pommelhorst from the mystery box and what are your thoughts on her and the other items in the box as well?

I don't think they should be put new characters in mystery boxes. I hate the idea of gambling for one character because you could end up throwing a lot of donuts away before getting what you really want. It's a cash grab by EA hoping you open the box at least a couple times before getting what you desire.

Replies

• Everything else in the box is available in the yearbook for 30 donuts. Of course you might end up spending more to get the item you want. I think 20 donuts more is not bad to be guaranteed to get just those items, but donuts are not scarce for me.
    I also think everything in the mystery box is a great deal even at 50 Donuts.
    I really like Coach Pommelhorst
  • stingray1122
    8708 posts Member
    edited July 19
    I didn't know that thanks. Ok I'm looking in the yearbook now and it has a whole bunch of stuff and you have to keep refreshing until you find what you're looking for. It's a tedious process but at least they offer you a lot of items.
  • Coach Pommelhorst was the only thing in my box
  • Actually, Greta Wolfcastle is only available in the Yard Sale Mystery Box. She's not in the Yearbook Mystery Box.

So, she and Coach Pommelhorse are the only items in this Box, that aren't available in the other one (Yearbook).
    Trying to control the horizontal & the vertical. Do not adjust your TV.
  • Actually, Greta Wolfcastle is only available in the Yard Sale Mystery Box. She's not in the Yearbook Mystery Box.

So, she and Coach Pommelhorse are the only items in this Box, that aren't available in the other one (Yearbook).

greta is in the ybmb.

also coach seems to be first chance for most. she has a high chance of being first picked having 1.0000 chance agianst others being lower
  • Has anyone got Coach Pommelhorst from the mystery box and what are your thoughts on her and the other items in the box as well?

I don't think they should be put new characters in mystery boxes. I hate the idea of gambling for one character because you could end up throwing a lot of donuts away before getting what you really want. It's a cash grab by EA hoping you open the box at least a couple times before getting what you desire.

There is an alternative - do not open the mysterious box.)
  • Has anyone got Coach Pommelhorst from the mystery box and what are your thoughts on her and the other items in the box as well?

There is an alternative - do not open the mysterious box.)

giphy.gif

...............////
  • ramrod130 wrote: »
    Coach Pommelhorst was the only thing in my box

I had her, and the Tailgate Party. Got 'em both - what a steal!
  • I only had Coach Pommelhorst in the box and 50 donuts was well worth it for the 18 event currency she earns. I also love that the characters go to different locations to earn the currency . Even though I only play 2 times a day, I am working on the fourth prize because I still put everyone on that last round of earning and only collect until I get the prize. Then I wait for the dialogue for the next prize to show up and the collect the rest. Gives me a decent head start on the next prize.
  • The thing here is, the newer a player you are the more likely your mystery box will be filled with items.

I got the coach in the first try, I only had two items in the box.

I've spent donuts on various items and chances are will continue to spend donuts on mystery boxes. I do prefer knowing what I'm buying, yet at this point where I can farm for donuts.... I really can't complain.

I'll complain sure, but, meh I'll just farm enough donuts until I get what I want.
  • CLWggg
    170 posts Member
    I only had Coach Pommelhorst in the box. What else was available? Just the stuff from the previous yard sale that hadn't been won?
  • I found this list of Yard Sale Mystery Box items on TSTO Addicts:

Coach Pommelhorst (NEW!), Barney & Bowlarama, Duffman & Brewery, Scratchy & Cartoon Set, Greta & Springfield Prep, Jessica & Lovejoy House, Kamp Bart & Kamp Krusty, Ice Cream Man Homer & Truck, Jub-Jub & Pet Shop, Mozart & Concert Hall, Miss Springfield & Sleep Eazy, Mansion of Solid Gold, Little Lisa’s Recycling Plant, Truckasaurus, Tailgate, Street Cleaner, Bookaccinos, & Springfield Observatory.
  • That’s a great list for newer players - some of those items took ages to get back in the day like Barney and the Bowlerama.

I’ve got them all mind you - my box only had Coach Pommelhorst in it.

Really wish EA would do something for us long termers (939 club, hundreds of millions IGC, thousands of donuts) like a ridiculously expensive aspirational item in the vein of the Escalator To Nowhere, or continue the Cecil Investment Thing ... something to help some us clear our inventory of currency and for newer players to aspire to.
  • 168sean168
    3193 posts Member
    johnbethel wrote: »
    That’s a great list for newer players - some of those items took ages to get back in the day like Barney and the Bowlerama.

I’ve got them all mind you - my box only had Coach Pommelhorst in it.

Really wish EA would do something for us long termers (939 club, hundreds of millions IGC, thousands of donuts) like a ridiculously expensive aspirational item in the vein of the Escalator To Nowhere, or continue the Cecil Investment Thing ... something to help some us clear our inventory of currency and for newer players to aspire to.

A 4.29 Billion aspirational item would be nice. Maybe the world's largest toilet bowl?
  • they re all in the yearbook mystery box so not much a good offer