EA Forums - Banner

Constantly losing connection to the server

Replies

• I am so, so tired of having my game crash every other minute. I really feel EA is trying to show me the door. Over the past 4 days, I've played a total of about 9 minutes. Aren't games supposed to be "fun?" This clearly is not the case with TSTO.
    You got a great looking town~168sean... Checked out your town, WOW! ~daved
  • I've been experiencing the same issue since the last update, and am now only playing once or twice per day. Here's hoping this will be resolved with the takedown update.
    Insanity Laughs. Under Pressure We’re Cracking.
  • Having the same issues with my A & B towns. Signed me out after logging on and then crashes constantly. Plus some times the sound goes out so I have to forcestop to get it back.
    Kindle Fire HD 8 btw. 😡😣
  • Wow i was starting to think it was my internet connection. Sucks but glad it’s not just me. I am visiting my neighbors and after the 2nd or 3rd visit it reconnects twice. Very frustrating and time consuming. :'(
  • celiyrichyS
    20 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    The constant bart connection loss is getting on my nerves 😡😡
    Post edited by celiyrichyS on
  • I have a 2nd generation iPad with less room. I've been dumping pictures in my picture gallery slowly adding space, but after reading some other posts from people that have newer iPads with plenty of space, I don't feel so all alone anymore. I can sometimes get through a whole sequence and clear everything, plus reassign characters to new jobs, but not always. As for friends? Sometimes I can get through 15 before my boot, and other times, one or two friends, then adios. It's definitely frustrating trying to play.
  • Normally I finish the event, design the new stuff and then take a town portrait.
    Thanks to the disconnects that's proving impossible at the moment.
  • Has any of you tried nuking?
  • I'm tempted but you're probably not in range
  • I don't know if everyone is talking about the app crashing and having to log back in or just getting a Bart screen, which is still really infuriating.

But within this event I have had a hell of a lot of Bart screens, not as bad as any of you by the sound of it and I feel for all of you.

At the splash screen before logging in, Bart, after logging in still splash screen, Bart, as soon as showing SF, Bart, edit mode, Bart, collecting taxes, Bart, tapping completed jobs, Bart, scrolling, Bart, recycling, Bart, event jobs, Bart, not moving just watching, Bart, wait 20 seconds try again, Bart, home button swipe up reload, Bart.
    The Bart's everywhere.

I read somewhere on here, some were saying the Bart screens had gone away, not for me, they were still here now and again, but now it's gone back to how it was before.
    Fortunately, I was still able to play, just, and have completed all prizes and finishing off side quests.

I truly feel for those affected, I am irritated enough as it is, EA should give everyone the chance to get what they missed or just give it to them.
  • What's really odd is the fact that I've never gotten the boot while buying RTs.
    Countless disconnects while processing them.
  • Me too. I'm getting the Bart screen after visiting just 2 neighbors. I'd really like to help all my neighbors, but the constant disconnection is making it impossible. Really frustrating. Sick of Bart's snarky smile.
  • Same here. I'm still getting the Bart screen every now and then.
  • Between this and that annoying jackhammer noise that overrides my sound settings, the next update can't come soon enough.

Provided it actually resolves the issues.
  • Jonalinn
    1780 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    I've moved past the apathetic stage into the "now, I'm angry" stage. I've spent an incredible amount of money on this game.. and this is what I'm left with? It is completely unplayable. That is not an exaggeration. The game crashes all.the.time. This is beyond frustrating. And, I think it's inexcusable. This is not a company operating out of their parent's basement. This is a company with over $5.15 billion in revenues last year.
  • Jonalinn wrote: »
    I've moved past the apathetic stage into the "now, I'm angry" stage. I've spent an incredible amount of money on this game.. and this is what I'm left with? It is completely unplayable. That is not an exaggeration. The game crashes all.the.time. This is beyond frustrating. And, I think it's inexcusable. This is not a company operating out of their parent's basement. This is a company with over $5.15 billion in revenues last year.

I am angry just like you, but I probably don't have a right to be, since I never paid any money to buy donuts. Since you are a paying customer, the only recourse you have at this point is NOT to buy any more donuts with real world cash. Many people have posted tips and guides on how to farm donuts. With enough time and dedication, you will never have to buy another donut ever again.
  • And here I was thinking it was just me... so darn annoying.

I am angry just like you, but I probably don't have a right to be, since I never paid any money to buy donuts. Since you are a paying customer, the only recourse you have at this point is NOT to buy any more donuts with real world cash. Many people have posted tips and guides on how to farm donuts. With enough time and dedication, you will never have to buy another donut ever again.

@BlackFloppyDisk thank you for your reply, I appreciate you sharing your thoughts with me.

The money I spent on this game was back when I first started playing it. I was purchasing "truckload of 300 donuts" sets routinely, dropping $19.99 each time. This went on for quite a long while. I worked hard to build up my bonus until I reached 5000%. Then, as I continued to play, it naturally worked it's way up to just under 6000%. If you read some of my older posts, you'll see how much effort I put into this game (as well have so many others on this forum). I stopped buying donuts long ago as I was able to generate them in-game (I never did KLM farming though).

Anyway, I know others are just as frustrated as I am. And, to be honest? I really, truly do not feel that EA cares one whit.
  • All these problems metioned, have hit me today. Can't play at all. Is losing connection even after 20 seconds of gameplay or to anything I'm trying to do in this game. Losing sound happens too. And I'm one that I never encounter problems before in all these years compare to others that are posting all the time here. I was one of those lucky people, but this is my first, and I'm really in the mood to play the game.

Agree. It's not as bad for me as it is for you, but in prior years they would have fixed things like this no later than a few days into the event. The fact that the event has ended and the issues are ongoing doesn't speak well at all of the developers and programmers for TSTO.