EA Forums - Banner

Constantly losing connection to the server

Replies

• Jonalinn wrote: »
    I've moved past the apathetic stage into the "now, I'm angry" stage. I've spent an incredible amount of money on this game.. and this is what I'm left with? It is completely unplayable. That is not an exaggeration. The game crashes all.the.time. This is beyond frustrating. And, I think it's inexcusable. This is not a company operating out of their parent's basement. This is a company with over $5.15 billion in revenues last year.

Agree. It's not as bad for me as it is for you, but in prior years they would have fixed things like this no later than a few days into the event. The fact that the event has ended and the issues are ongoing doesn't speak well at all of the developers and programmers for TSTO.

The fix is to ride it out, and wait for the event to expire. Good job, EA. You get a cookie. 👏👏👏
  • And same here. I had been perfect until the patch to fix Kindle problems they issued during this event. Now I get the Bart screen while, visiting neighbors, collecting from buildings or characters, collecting donuts. It’s got to the point where I just don’t visit anymore, getting disconnected every 4 or 5 neighbors isn’t fun.
    I’m hoping when they get around to taking down the kids splash screen they fix it.
  • I wasn't having any problems before that last update. Now it keeps crashing. I can only play for about 5 minutes (or less) before it crashes.
  • Jonalinn wrote: »
    I've moved past the apathetic stage into the "now, I'm angry" stage. I've spent an incredible amount of money on this game.. and this is what I'm left with? It is completely unplayable. That is not an exaggeration. The game crashes all.the.time. This is beyond frustrating. And, I think it's inexcusable. This is not a company operating out of their parent's basement. This is a company with over $5.15 billion in revenues last year.

Agree. It's not as bad for me as it is for you, but in prior years they would have fixed things like this no later than a few days into the event. The fact that the event has ended and the issues are ongoing doesn't speak well at all of the developers and programmers for TSTO.

I agree with you @4kidsandacatdog I remember when I'd read about issues here on the board and then a short while later there would be an "it's all good again!" post. I do not feel this speaks well of them at all.
    You got a great looking town~168sean... Checked out your town, WOW! ~daved
  • YO EA...ARE YOU GUYS READING WHAT YOUR CUSTOMERS ARE GOING THROUGH!!!

ARE YOU GUYS DOING ANYTHING ABOUT THIS AND WHEN
  • audiomixdon
    329 posts Member
    edited September 11
    I cut my KEM farm in half and can’t RTT or I get booted within 60 seconds. During regular play it’s sporadic, no knowing when I’ll get kicked out. Very annoying though
  • I missed some of the Bart screens off my list on page 2.
    As well as those mentioned previously, Maggie's game, Bart, Dig Site, Bart, visiting other SF, Bart.
    The Bart kid's everywhere, truly awful service, it's Wednesday afternoon and the splash screen's still up and Bart as well, why has it not gone back to normal???
  • The game is still crashing and showing the Bart screen. It's a miracle if I play more than 5 minutes. Are other people still having this problem, or is it just me?
  • I was hoping the update a few days ago made it worse
  • It seems worse then before..
  • johncolombo
    11054 posts Senior Moderator
    I'm still having problems.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • The same here. Me and my husband sussen48308 are very often kicked out. Several times we dit nog Receive the donut we got from visiting friends. Very frustating.
  • KLmaker
    388 posts Member
    edited September 14
    I was surprised the babies event was still up past 12am Thursday morning and still getting Bart screened.

It was about 3:30am when I tried it again, new splash screen and Bart before even logging in!!!
    And repeat of everything I said before in last two posts about when getting Bart screen, except it is now even worse.

During Babies I did not get Bart during Maggie's game within a couple of days of starting, but on this event I am, I am not at all sure if I got the 3 donuts because I did not check the tally first.

Do EA just not care??? I don't know about anyone else, but I think they don't, I would even go so far as to say they are deliberately trying to run the game down so they can get rid of it, but they will not get rid of me that easily.
  • I think the disconnecting has got worse. I got it three times just trying to tap my characters.

Simpsons tap em if you can.
  • KLmaker wrote: »
    I was surprised the babies event was still up past 12am Thursday morning and still getting Bart screened.

It was about 3:30am when I tried it again, new splash screen and Bart before even logging in!!!
    And repeat of everything I said before in last two posts about when getting Bart screen, except it is now even worse.

During Babies I did not get Bart during Maggie's game within a couple of days of starting, but on this event I am, I am not at all sure if I got the 3 donuts because I did not check the tally first.

Do EA just not care??? I don't know about anyone else, but I think they don't, I would even go so far as to say they are deliberately trying to run the game down so they can get rid of it, but they will not get rid of me that easily.

If the clowns running this game worked for Amazon, they would have been terminated one month ago, but since they work for EA, incompetence is tolerated. What other company would tolerate disconnecting potential customers every 2 to 5 minutes and preventing a customer from spending money?
  • From the beginning , I have enjoyed supporting this game with my hard earned money because I thought it was worth it . But why should I now spend 1 cent on a game that hardly works . The pleasure is completely gone , frustration has taken its place .
    This cannot be the intention , come on EA solve this ! !
  • just posting to mention that I'm still having that issue as well.
  • Wanted too join in the rant. Have had this problem for couple of months now. I play enough too click the thumb, every 24hrs. I missed alot of stuff ’Cuz my game crashes, atleast every 70-90sec
  • I haven't booted up the game in 6 days so today I decided to log in and see what happens. Guess what? 14 crashes. 14. One right after another. Couldn't even log in without crashing.
    You got a great looking town~168sean... Checked out your town, WOW! ~daved
  • I've had crashes since the start of the babies event. With the latest update they have increased significantly. It's become a real pain in the butt.