EA Forums - Banner

Constantly losing connection to the server

Replies

• Raised a ticket this morning with exact details of what we’re all experiencing.

Got an automated response back within 15 minutes saying it was at my end, not theirs.

Tried to reply to it with the venom it deserved, and their system crashed.

More than a month now and not only are they no closer to fixing our problem, they’re not even interested that we have it.

Not spending any more of my time or money on EA products if this is the level of customer care they give. Thanks for the fun EA, but you can go fark off now.
    My choice for all my Tapped Out news and troll-free friendly chat is the EA officially approved Tapped Out UK :)
  • I didn’t see this comment as I was scrolling.
    My personal opinion is that they have something in the programming to prevent people from massive donut harvesting.
    I can play fine, until I try to put down more than 4 bookmobiles. Then I know it will crash.

It's not related to donut farming. I get the Bart screen even when I'm just scrolling around town. Other people have confirmed the same thing.

I can also confirm that it’s not related to donut farming. Got the Bart screen 6 times in a row just now:

1. Trying to visit neighbours - gave up after 4
    2. Normal collection from Buildings
    3,4 ,5 & 6 Trying to collect 80 furniture for the daily task....for something so “supposedly “ quick & simple, was a nightmare
  • As I mentioned in my earlier post up thread, I removed the game and haven't been back. I did have a lawyer draft up a short note but we haven't sent it as he wants to get more info from EA directly (no rush I guess as I no longer have the game).

Anyway, the reason I'm posting is I was hoping to come here and see good news! I was hoping to read that others who had been suffering right along side me have stabilized games and have waved good-bye to the Bart screen.

How sad that it isn't true :/
    You got a great looking town~168sean... Checked out your town, WOW! ~daved
  • Jonalinn wrote: »
    As I mentioned in my earlier post up thread, I removed the game and haven't been back. I did have a lawyer draft up a short note but we haven't sent it as he wants to get more info from EA directly (no rush I guess as I no longer have the game).

Anyway, the reason I'm posting is I was hoping to come here and see good news! I was hoping to read that others who had been suffering right along side me have stabilized games and have waved good-bye to the Bart screen.

We miss you. Especially after all the work in your town.
  • mine likes to lose connection just after claiming some donuts.
  • It's getting pointless to do anything in game, any time I use skyfinger or send mass characters on tasks, it disconnects and loses everything
  • lilmamasa3 wrote: »
    Jonalinn wrote: »
    As I mentioned in my earlier post up thread, I removed the game and haven't been back. I did have a lawyer draft up a short note but we haven't sent it as he wants to get more info from EA directly (no rush I guess as I no longer have the game).

We miss you. Especially after all the work in your town.

@lilmamasa3 How incredibly kind of you to say something so sweet. Thank you so, so much <3
    You got a great looking town~168sean... Checked out your town, WOW! ~daved
  • This connection issue is getting out of hand
  • I’ve been playing since year one but it’s impossible to do much anymore and the frustration outweighs any joy this game gives me. EA, you are losing a long time customer.
  • The weirdest thing just happened to me.

I collected all my 24hr tasks and went to the Unemployment building to reset their tasks. I accidentally tapped the 24hr button twice so it assigned all to 24 hr and then collected for 3600+ donuts. I couldn’t immediately go back in to stop it. All I thought was $#!+.

So while I was retapping all my 24hr tasks, the game crashed (no surprise). My surprise was when I reopened the game my 3600 donuts were back and I could collect more from my characters. 😊

Moral of the story- not all crashes are bad.
  • Donna4612 wrote: »
    The weirdest thing just happened to me.

I collected all my 24hr tasks and went to the Unemployment building to reset their tasks. I accidentally tapped the 24hr button twice so it assigned all to 24 hr and then collected for 3600+ donuts. I couldn’t immediately go back in to stop it. All I thought was $#!+.

So while I was retapping all my 24hr tasks, the game crashed (no surprise). My surprise was when I reopened the game my 3600 donuts were back and I could collect more from my characters. 😊

Moral of the story- not all crashes are bad.
    You need confirm donut spending option on.
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • Since when placing objects on the map or move them, has anything to do with internet connection.

The game is busted, that's the reality. Can't do much design because it crashes frequently.

• You need confirm donut spending option on.
    [/quote]

Thank you! I guess I forgot to check on the last update.
  • Since when placing objects on the map or move them, has anything to do with internet connection.

The game is busted, that's the reality. Can't do much design because it crashes frequently.

I think things like modifying the map and spending/getting donuts and such make the game communicate with the server. So my hypothesis is EA has reduced the server capacity for this game likely to increase for another game or possibly to phase this game out.
    I like toast
  • +1 constantly.
  • 74hands
    444 posts Member
    edited October 17
    A gracious hello. Here at EA, we handle eighty-four billion game logins a year, serving everyone from presidents and kings to the scum of the earth. So, we realize that, every so often, you can’t get a connected to a server, or for no apparent reason whatsoever, your game falls over, or perhaps you get charged for a premium item you didn’t ask for or get.

We don’t care!

See this switch? I’m going to turn it off for no good reason... just lost New Jersey.

You see, this server system consists of a multibillion-dollar matrix of space age technology that is so sophisticated that even we can’t handle it. But that’s your problem, isn’t it? So, the next time you complain about not being able to play your web-based game, why don’t you try using a box of crayons and a cloth to clean your screen?

39yjw6ywgfxv.jpeg
    My choice for all my Tapped Out news and troll-free friendly chat is the EA officially approved Tapped Out UK :)
  • Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • "One ringy dingy... two ringy dingies... Is this the person to whom I am speaking?"
    👍 @74hands
    This is our last dance. This is ourselves under pressure.
  • I installed the update that will start the event tomorrow, the disconnections with the Bart screen showing up is still in effect. Just withhold your money, and hurt EA the only way you can. If this doesn't get their attention, nothing else will.
  • I installed the update that will start the event tomorrow, the disconnections with the Bart screen showing up is still in effect. Just withhold your money, and hurt EA the only way you can. If this doesn't get their attention, nothing else will.

Not everyone who plays the game uses these forums so they'll be spending money no matter what. By now most on here would be into donut farming.
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking :)