EA Forums - Banner

Screen resolution on iPad

Hey guys,
so i thought i'll have more fun playing TSTO on my new iPad Pro 10,5" but i was very unpleased because the screen resolution of TSTO on iPad is just horrible.
Starting screen is like cut off so from OUTLANDS i see somethink like LANDS... and ofc ingame is everythink like 1,5x the size comapred to phone.
Is this unbalanced screen resolution normal?

cheers

Replies

• My theory is that this is an aspect ratio issue.
    your new ipad has technically higher screen rez than your phone, but the actual screen shape is 4:3 instead of 16:9 which is what the game was made for (iphone5). that's why you're getting some cropping.
    more "up to date" games probably have workarounds for this so you can get 16:9, I also know that androids have apps to help you control your screen rez so you could force a widescreen aspect ratio but I don't know if that's a thing on iphones.
  • Thanks for answer, gonna look around if there's anythink similar for ios. I'm just surprised that game like this is lacking optimalization like this, if it's truly that problem.
  • stinkbugger
    1980 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Yes, it sounds like the change in aspect ratio is throwing you off. It has nothing to do with "horrible" screen resolution (unless you think 2224 x 1668 with 264 pixels per inch is "horrible").

I'm not sure what "optimalization" you're trying to do. Your iPad is displaying a different start screen image than your 16:9 phone. And within the game the different aspect ratios means you'll see different things around the edges if you're comparing what you can see with your phone via what you see with your iPad. But it's not as if the image is stretched out or squashed.
  • It's just unfortunate that you see mutch more of your Springfield on your 5" phone than on device with screen twice as big :D
    I was looking forward to that it'll be easier to manage buildings in my town but obviously it wont :D
  • Even if you get it fixed- you still proportionately, see the same bit of your town as on a phone, just larger size- disappointing.......
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • People actually prefer designing on phones over tablets? Do they use a stylus or something? Selecting and moving little widgets can be hard enough on tablets, it seems it would be much harder on smaller screens, even if you can "see more at once". What am I missing?
  • Mine looks magnificent on my iPad pro. I think you need to adjust something.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • bluntcard wrote: »
    Mine looks magnificent on my iPad pro. I think you need to adjust something.

Adjust what?

Adjust what?

Was I talking to you? Please for once mind your own business.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • It’s just a minor issue with the iPad, but playing the game you dont notice it. Any screen size iPad is the same. I have the 9.7 iPad Pro which the outlands sign is cut off but not on the iPhone.
    iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone XR (Red product)
    bluntcard wrote: »

Adjust what?

Was I talking to you? Please for once mind your own business.

Sorry. I didn’t know you had been put in charge of the thread.

• JoanneWillian
    2 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I hope that your complaints and comments can be heard. There is no problem with the quality of the game when you run the game on the iPhone, but you will get some cropping when you play on the iPad models instead. It means the game needs optimization for better performance when running on iPad.
    Post edited by JoanneWillian on

Yeah I'm thinking of getting the Samsung Tab S4 for my android games. This thread was making me second guess tablet capabilities.
  • My faith is restored lol. Id love to play my mobile games on a tablet. South Park, SIMCITY, and Simpsons
  • Same sort of circumstance with iPhone 11. I can’t see as much Springfield. None of the old threads I can find say there is any fix.
    Is there an app for this? Or is there a spot in settings that I haven’t found yet?
  • Big82S
    566 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Ok I had this Issue B4. I have a iPad 10.5 pro. I believe it was either Another iPad that had that issue or it was a previous issue w a different 10.5 Either way it is most likely not the game Its the device. I believe. Because on another device I also had an issue with a darkish water mark like square underneath in the background n the device was new.

so u can try re-downloading the game but make sure u are of course signed in to a account so u don't loose your stuff 0r if that doesn't work try resetting ur settings or giving the device a hard reset & if tht doesn't work call apple or bring to a apple store n tell them its a defective iPad.

obviously save everything first to the iCloud so u don't loose anything. But yeah Dealt with exact same issue. so first try resetting stuff.

if it is device then exchange it. apple will do that if theres a defect at the apple store. they want u to be happy & going to their store they don't want a scene so if it like my device b4 had a issue that was their fault they will most likely exchange a new one out for you.

Because Im on a iPad 10.5 @nd its detail is defiantly great. hope u get the issue fixed.
    Im always glad to shed light on stuff n help out fellow tapperinos.

Best wishes.
  • Contact apple you might just be holding their device wrongly.
  • Big82S
    566 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    displayartwork.html?id=19702793&width=250&height=250'

The True Power Of The Apple

Don't Be @ M0roon Learn The power of the many colors U can use to express UR Text.