EA Forums - Banner

Rise of Skywalker

LOVED IT! Anybody else see it?

Replies

• I have wanted to boycott it. But now I am on the fence. Solo was the only film so far that I didn't watch on the big screen.
  • I thought it was OK a bit predictable I would have loved it if they somehow brought back Darth Vader against Rey and Kylo/Ben and Luke Skywalker should have been in this film Alive ! now Palpatine is a good Villian but he was the obvious Villian you could bring back I get why it's called Rise of Skywalker you find out at the end but these sequel trilogy's just don't compare to the original trilogy's Disney could have made them way better I ended up sleeping in the cinema watching the last Jedi anyway it's not the end of Star Wars it's just the beginning of a new era.
  • Spoiler Free:
    I liked it a lot. Please note that I am a SW fan that did not like Last Jedi and I felt that this was a course correction in some ways. It was made for the Star Wars fans and no one else.

The critics havent been kind to this movie but if you search all of the Rotten Tomatoes critics that are giving this a negative review, they all either gave Last Jedi a positive review or didnt review it at all.

If, like me, you were disappointed in Last Jedi (bombers in space.....uh gravity!? One ship follows another ship for 90 minutes of the movie, ZZZZZ. The ship is out of range....why? Is there gravity or friction in space to prevent the energy blast from hitting its target? Luke Ep 6 "even though my father who I do not know at all has killed thousands of innocent people, including children, I believe there is good in him" Luke Ep 8 "My nephew whom I have known since birth may have a little dark side in him must die, sorry Han and Leia but I had to kill the boy, see you at Christmas xoxo" Finn and Rose go on a 100% pointless adventure while the one ship is still following the other. Also please note that Ep 8 is the only Star Wars Episode where 2 lightsabers never conflict with each other) than there is a good chance that you will enjoy Rise of Skywalker.
  • I just learn that over here, we will be watching a slightly censored version. A same sex kissing scene will be removed.
  • 168sean168 wrote: »
    I just learn that over here, we will be watching a slightly censored version. A same sex kissing scene will be removed.

Where is "over here"? And it's a one-second shot, not a scene.
  • I am from Singapore @stinkbugger . Over here same sex kissing and intimacy scenes will be censored from the public media
  • KLmaker
    1498 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    empathy77 wrote: »
    If, like me, you were disappointed in Last Jedi (bombers in space.....uh gravity!? [/b]

I didn't see all of it, having to do stuff, but saw a bit of that, bombers???, and it really didn't make any sense.
    The fleet is destroyed bit by bit and there are only a few rebels left, disappointed doesn't even go anywhere near it.
    I can not see Disney ditching SW, but I think a decision needs to be made and I hope they have done it.
    Move away from Skywalker plots before it gets tiresome and bring in new characters, like changing detectives in US Law and Order. Jerry Orbach was the best, imo.
    There will always be other Jedi's.
    I wanted to do it yesterday but I will invariably do it tomorrow (ish).
    I am from Singapore @stinkbugger . Over here same sex kissing and intimacy scenes will be censored from the public media

Considering your film reviews, looks like some good films I would want to see, I always thought you were in South Korea, if any offense is incurred it was completely unintentional.
    I wanted to do it yesterday but I will invariably do it tomorrow (ish).
  • stinkbugger
    1983 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    empathy77 wrote: »
    If, like me, you were disappointed in Last Jedi (bombers in space.....uh gravity!?

You can google for more information on how they work. But per the The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary: "Bombs don't technically 'drop' in microgravity, but are impelled from their racks by sequenced electromagnetic plates in the clip. The bombs are then drawn magnetically to their unfortunate targets."
  • KLmaker wrote: »
    168sean168 wrote: »
    I am from Singapore @stinkbugger . Over here same sex kissing and intimacy scenes will be censored from the public media

Considering your film reviews, looks like some good films I would want to see, I always thought you were in South Korea, if any offense is incurred it was completely unintentional.

Ha.. I did watch a lot of South Korean films. They are pretty good
  • stinkbugger
    1983 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    168sean168 wrote: »

From what I've read, the 2-second shot was removed by the studio so the film could have PG13 rating there. They could have left it in and gotten an NC16 or M18 rating. That's not really the same as "censored from the public media".
  • Dougie_Powers_17
    2323 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    I just wanna know what the chuffing heck it's got to do with Disney Magic Kingdoms...(yeah, I play it, not sorry, it's just a casual thing I play on PC at home) it seems so out of place in a supposedly fun and friendly theme park designed for young children to have storm troopers, people firing lasers, violence, killer droids.... seems Disney is prepared to do anything to wring every last penny of profit from their acquisition

From what I've read, the 2-second shot was removed by the studio so the film could have PG13 rating there. They could have left it in and gotten an NC16 or M18 rating. That's not really the same as "censored from the public media".

Yeah. I was thinking more about our public free to air TV when I said that. No same sex kissing are allowed. I think that might be the reason there is no more Supergirl on our TVs since 2016 after the show went full LGBT
  • empathy77 wrote: »
    If, like me, you were disappointed in Last Jedi (bombers in space.....uh gravity!?

You can google for more information on how they work. But per the The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary: "Bombs don't technically 'drop' in microgravity, but are impelled from their racks by sequenced electromagnetic plates in the clip. The bombs are then drawn magnetically to their unfortunate targets."

So why do you have to "drop" them, why not just launch them?