EA Forums - Banner

The Golden Goose Realty Thread- It's back in the store!

Replies

• Sigh, still no sign of the Christmas takedown update yet.

I thought it would have come by now, since the Christmas event is over.

I wanna see if this takedown update will hopefully bring back the GGR to the store already.
  • baksinengl89
    862 posts Member
    edited January 11
    Anyone know why EA still hasn't released the takedown update from the Christmas event already? Are the people that work on this game just lazy and/or incompetent?

The Christmas event finished already on Jan 8th. It's now the 11th of January - that's three whole days after this damned event finished and frustratingly enough still no sign of this wretched takedown update.

I just want the takedown update to happen already so I can finally know whether or not if this Golden Goose Realty building is gonna return to the store or not.

I could deal with the fact that this building may never return to the store. But all this uncertainty is bugging the hell out of me.

Since I wanna use my donuts to buy other things as well like Lisa's Little Recycling Plant and Beach Hideaway's from the Yearbook. Which I currently put on hold from buying since I want the GGR first and foremost.

This whole situation, I have found to be is just ridiculous and is annoying me greatly. Curse EA.
  • Anyone know why EA still hasn't released the takedown update from the Christmas event already? Are the people that work on this game just lazy and/or incompetent?

The Christmas event finished already on Jan 8th. It's now the 11th of January - that's three whole days after this damned event finished and frustratingly enough still no sign of this wretched takedown update.

I just want the takedown update to happen already so I can finally know whether or not if this Golden Goose Realty building is gonna return to the store or not.

I could deal with the fact that this building may never return to the store. But all this uncertainty is bugging the hell out of me.

Since I wanna use my donuts to buy other things as well like Lisa's Little Recycling Plant and Beach Hideaway's from the Yearbook. Which I currently put on hold from buying since I want the GGR first and foremost.

This whole situation, I have found to be is just ridiculous and is annoying me greatly. Curse EA.

Over the last year there have been a week of downtime between events so its not something new. It might not return in the next update but it has been a year since it was first released. The takedown update has been half done at removing the event itself on the 8th by taking out the store items and ability to earn all the prizes (now you can only earn the current prize(s) that you were last working on), the only thing that's left is just the splash screen and snow which will probably go in the next week or so and add something new in its place.

You'd be better off spending the donuts on the recycling plant and hideaways rather than waiting for GGR to show up because of the extra blueprints and bonus percentages to earn donuts more faster while which you can save them up for when it does return.

I find it annoying that without GGR the only other way to earn land tokens is from daily challenges when they used to be in events but they got replaced by the 12 donut prizes.
  • KLmaker
    1149 posts Member
    edited January 13
    rcgharing wrote: »
    alucas195 wrote: »
    If you can use the igc rather than precious land tokens.You get to the stage where the only land available can be got with land tokens. If you use them for spaces you can get with igc you will be kicking yourself when you really need them.

O.m.g... I was that stupid. Didn’t know all of this... didn’t play for a few years
    :(

When they burned KrustyLand, I did use the Land Tokens to purchase a lot of land as I was stuck for space, and now I do regret it, BUT, if I hadn't I know I would not have been able to carry on playing as I was and it would have been even more bunched up like a hoarder's house where they cannot even get in some rooms.

EA really need to bring back the GGR or make the land purchasable with IGC, but not millions and millions. I need at least 200 LT land tiles, I make about 3m and a bit a week, without getting more taxes, wages or a higher multiplier, that's 4 years, although that would be reduced but realistically by how much, the GGR can do that in less than a year and it is this year designing that I really need it for.
    I now have a second dumping ground because I cannot expand, the main town is now secondary.

@torin8337
    @baksinengl89
    My 2 pence, I personally would not spend it on Hideaways or LLRP unless I definitely knew I had enough in case it was released, but then I have been grinding it up as there is other content I want and I have missed out before and then had to grind it back up all over again.

I have not bought anything over 40 donuts at a time as I'm building it up, but as I said, that is what I'm doing, my 2 pence.
    Which is not for everyone, granted.
  • It's now the 14th of January, that's mid Jan now and at least five whole days after the Christmas event ended.

Still no sign of either the takedown update or the GGR happening yet, frustratingly enough.

@KLmaker

I now have 257 donuts, hopefully that should be enough to cover the cost of buying the GGR - assuming that is if EA ever rerelease this building again.

I will be annoyed if this building will cost more than 250 donuts - if it comes back to the store again. Seeing as this GGR building only cost 150 donuts when it was released last year.

Anyways if this GGR building doesn't get released by the end of January, then I will assume that EA don't plan to ever to release this building again.

If that's the case, come February I definitely intend to try getting some Beach Hideaway's and Little Lisa's Recycling Plant from the Yearbook then.
  • It's now the 14th of January, that's mid Jan now and at least five whole days after the Christmas event ended.

Still no sign of either the takedown update or the GGR happening yet, frustratingly enough.

@KLmaker

I now have 257 donuts, hopefully that should be enough to cover the cost of buying the GGR - assuming that is if EA ever rerelease this building again.

I will be annoyed if this building will cost more than 250 donuts - if it comes back to the store again. Seeing as this GGR building only cost 150 donuts when it was released last year.

Anyways if this GGR building doesn't get released by the end of January, then I will assume that EA don't plan to ever to release this building again.

If that's the case, come February I definitely intend to try getting some Beach Hideaway's and Little Lisa's Recycling Plant from the Yearbook then.

My gut tells me it will probably be a minimum of 300. I think because so many people want it now, they need to ramp up the price a bit. I'd suggest if you are desperate for it, it would be the one time to go premium

@KLmaker

My gut tells me it will probably be a minimum of 300. I think because so many people want it now, they need to ramp up the price a bit. I'd suggest if you are desperate for it, it would be the one time to go premium

I have bought stuff with donuts before and last night I got 5 items from YMB, didn't want 2 of them but 3 on the same page, too good to pass up, unfortunately I don't have 900 donuts anymore.
    If they put the price up to 300 donuts, I wouldn't blame them if they did, it's market forces, but I'd prefer 150 because then I got more to spend somewhere else.
  • KLmaker wrote: »
    It's now the 14th of January, that's mid Jan now and at least five whole days after the Christmas event ended.

@KLmaker

I have bought stuff with donuts before and last night I got 5 items from YMB, didn't want 2 of them but 3 on the same page, too good to pass up, unfortunately I don't have 900 donuts anymore.
    If they put the price up to 300 donuts, I wouldn't blame them if they did, it's market forces, but I'd prefer 150 because then I got more to spend somewhere else.

Could you do a bit of KEM farming in the meantime? Went from about 1500 donuts to almost 4000 in a matter of 4 days. Turn on your xp collider for a few days just to boost it.
  • KLmaker wrote: »
    It's now the 14th of January, that's mid Jan now and at least five whole days after the Christmas event ended.

@KLmaker

Could you do a bit of KEM farming in the meantime? Went from about 1500 donuts to almost 4000 in a matter of 4 days. Turn on your xp collider for a few days just to boost it.

I have tried KEM farming and didn't really get on with it, cost me millions of IGC and got something like half a dozen donuts maybe a dozen at the very very most, but from memory I think it was about 6 donuts.
    I might try it again in the future if I have more IGC and I can guarantee access to the iPad to make it worthwhile.
    But for the moment I will stick with grinding donuts, grinding IGC getting the last of buying land as I need the room and will have designing to do, and doing Road To Riches.
  • @KLmaker KEM farming ‘done right’ is cost-neutral.
  • They really need to release GGR again, the game has become pointless for me now, all I am doing is accumulating cash and donuts, with nothing to actually spend them on.

With each new event, all I can do with the buildings is put them in storage as I have no space.

Vast areas of the town are just buildings crammed together as closely as possible to fit them in, and I can't get anything more in.

Even if they made it possible for other ways to get land it would be a relief, I'd rather spend IGC on the land rather than just let it accumulate with no purpose, but if it carries on like this, the game will be dead before the end of the year.
  • @KLmaker KEM farming ‘done right’ is cost-neutral.

Yes! Here's tool to help you figure out a good KEM stratagy lwshost.com/tsto/kemcalc.pl
  • UIpEStra
    1 posts New member
    > @joshwad95 said:
    > Does any when this May come back to the game ?? I thought Maybe christmas but nothing so far

No one can say for sure. Don't know when EA will get this out.
  • KLmaker
    1149 posts Member
    edited January 16
    @KLmaker KEM farming ‘done right’ is cost-neutral.

Yes! Here's tool to help you figure out a good KEM stratagy lwshost.com/tsto/kemcalc.pl

I will have another look at KEM farming at some point and I will have a look at this link for sure as loads of people have made it work, I'm just saying that I had a go a few times and couldn't make it viable.

I was not concerned during Christmas event in January had no GGR, but as Christmas has gone and there is a new update but no GGR, NOW I'm concerned.
    EA would have to be deaf, blind and a hermit with no papers, social media or anything to not know how crucial this building is.
    They need to release GGR soon, give us Land Tokens soon or give us some other way to acquire the land real soon, because if they don't it really will look like EA or Disney or both are trying to kill off the Simpson's, and that does not sound like a good business solution to me.
  • The golden goose is worth it, even if the price increases.
    God was 777 donuts and i immediately snatched that up thinking for that price, something great is gonna happen. :s
  • willp_70 wrote: »
    The golden goose is worth it, even if the price increases.
    God was 777 donuts and i immediately snatched that up thinking for that price, something great is gonna happen. :s

To be fair his 24 HR task awards lots a cash with a high multiplier you really don't have to send anyone else on any task.

He makes bank.

As for GGR just pray they don't bundle it with a donut deal, although who knows?
  • KLmaker
    1149 posts Member
    I most certainly hope not.
  • 2/5-3/12
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • Oh no. There goes half the new threads created. Wait for worst event ever and no new land. Maybe even item count still not changed. Here's to an event that will hopefully give us something new to talk about.
    Thanks for the quick good news LPN. Appreciate your dedication, still!
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • Stop your belly aching and buy it already.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!