EA Forums - Banner

Completion

I play Tapped Out on my S8. For at the past year there's been a glitch where when a charger shows a green check mark in the upper left corner of the screen and I touch the character it doesn't automatically move to the character's location on screen instead I have to search for the character. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app multiple times without a resolution.

Replies

• Is that the only bug you have that the character finder has stopped working? It is one of many possible problems associated with ‘the glitch’.
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/219503/character-finder-irs-railyard-heights-minigames-etc-broken/p1
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • uki1971 wrote: »
    I play Tapped Out on my S8. For at the past year there's been a glitch where when a charger shows a green check mark in the upper left corner of the screen and I touch the character it doesn't automatically move to the character's location on screen instead I have to search for the character. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app multiple times without a resolution.

From what you said it could be that you have been inflicted with the 'Glitch' I to suffer from the glitch mentioned in the link that Muhsterino posted on the thread, have you checked if you also have any of the other game breaking things listed on the thread link, if so then the only fix is a roll back of the game to a point before the glitch happened which a year on would mean the loss of quite a few things and zero guarantee that it won't happen again.
  • Lobes06
    91 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Join the club of fellow "glitchers".

Im enjoying my 8600% multiplier from the wailing wall fiasco as payment for playing with the "glitch" since March 2018.
  • Lobes06 wrote: »
    Join the club of fellow "glitchers".

Im enjoying my 8600% multiplier from the wailing wall fiasco as payment for playing with the "glitch" since March 2018.

Can't remember exactly when I got hit with the 'Glitch' but was around 2 years ago so a similar time to yourself, I even tried 3 roll backs with the associated loss of items before I gave up with ever having a fully functioning game again, to be brutally honest it really is about time that they found a fix for it but I suppose that the issue could be so deeply embedded into the code that a major rewrite would be needed and at this stage of the games life I doubt it would ever happen.