EA Forums - Banner

Origin Servers to be OFFLINE for 4 hours before update Thurs. Morning - HEADS UP!

Prev13
I doubt this is do with people getting their level reset, id say it more to do with the Whacking Day Update

We can only hope that something is done about the levelling issues

Replies

• brenner_yes
    1156 posts
    edited April 2013
    It is all of origin though not only just for tapped out but for other games as well, possibly something to do with android players and Origin?

And you never know the level reset issue seems to be a server problem, so it might unintentionally fix it... :roll:

Also they should post this on the fb fan page that there is a scheduled maintenance
  • VxMarmitex9
    956 posts
    edited April 2013
    I think its safe to say that EA will have their hands full.
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    I think its safe to say that EA will have their hands full.

+1 :thumbup:
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • username5641
    293 posts
    edited April 2013
    Can we get a confirmation from EA that this is actually a Thing? Why hasn't it been announced? Not everyone who works for EA is an engineer trying to fix the reset problem; someone must have the time.

The timespan is the middle of the day for our Aussie compatriots, and the European players will be awake for at least part of it. A lot of people will freak out if this happens unannounced.

Edit: Found it! Direct from the horse's mouth here: https://help.ea.com/article/ea-online-services-scheduled-maintenance-on-april-11th-eastern-time

I maintain that there are going to be a lot of people freaking out. Who checks that site daily?
  • Mjr1124
    654 posts
    edited April 2013
    This is probably a good sign that origin is finally coming to android.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6375 posts Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Hopefully it'll fix all the issues people are having
  • halo_nothing
    483 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    Mjr1124 wrote:

I sincerely hope so. I'd hate to think us Android users may be left out from some of the event activities revolving around visiting friends towns.
  • FrinksIntern
    282 posts
    edited April 2013
    Mjr1124 wrote:

I sincerely hope so. I'd hate to think us Android users may be left out from some of the event activities revolving around visiting friends towns.

After what has been happening to iOS users because of Origin I'm not sure if I want it anymore...
  • TRTX84
    556 posts
    edited April 2013
    Despite this almost 24 hour advance notice, I look forward to these forums going into full meltdown when people get up tomorrow and can't sign into Origin.
  • halo_nothing
    483 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    Mjr1124 wrote:

After what has been happening to iOS users because of Origin I'm not sure if I want it anymore...

I'm an avid PlayStation Home user so I'm more than used to these types of issues.
  • username5641
    293 posts
    edited April 2013
    TRTX84 wrote:
    Despite this almost 24 hour advance notice, I look forward to these forums going into full meltdown when people get up tomorrow and can't sign into Origin.
    Yes.
    It'll be 11a here and...10a?...in the UK when Origin comes back online. Sounds like setting 12hr tasks is a bad idea if we want to keep our towns from locking out, so not sure what I'll do this evening.
  • bette3900
    913 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    Thanks for the heads up - think I'll just let my peeps have a break for once over night.
  • brenner_yes
    1156 posts
    edited April 2013
    Mjr1124 wrote:

I'm an avid PlayStation Home user so I'm more than used to these types of issues.

Loool my ps3 broke years ago, but if what happened to there online service happened to origin well that wud be horrible :shock:
  • TRTX84
    556 posts
    edited April 2013
    It'll be 11a here and...10a?...in the UK when Origin comes back online. Sounds like setting 12hr tasks is a bad idea if we want to keep our towns from locking out, so not sure what I'll do this evening.

Considering we want everybody free for this event, I'm not too concerned about giving them a night off. I did just start Skinner on a 24 hour task that wouldn't end until 6am CST...but if the town is down all morning it's not like I'm missing out on anything anyway.

2.2 million bucks should also be enough to carry me through Whacking Day. I WAS saving for the Big 3, but I'll need the space anyway.
  • Bart-man5674
    1633 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    I don't know what I'll do 4 hours of no game
  • Skyrim-mrp
    3684 posts
    edited April 2013
    hang out here on theses forums of course :thumbup:
  • username5641
    293 posts
    edited April 2013
    Skyrim-mrp wrote:
    I think that will be terrifying. "Ohemgee, Origin is broken! What's going on?????" for four hours? :shock: :shock: :shock:
  • Skyrim-mrp
    3684 posts
    edited April 2013
    Skyrim-mrp wrote:
    I think that will be terrifying. "Ohemgee, Origin is broken! What's going on?????" for four hours? :shock: :shock: :shock:
    True...them threads will be annyoing. But Nether the lesS! We can play the simpsons name game
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9423752.page :wink:
  • stuartcurran
    309 posts
    edited April 2013
    Loads of people can't play the game anyway so this will hardly have an effect.
  • username5641
    293 posts
    edited April 2013
    Loads of people can't play the game anyway so this will hardly have an effect.
    I cried and laughed at the same time
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.