EA Forums - Banner

Origin Servers to be OFFLINE for 4 hours before update Thurs. Morning - HEADS UP!

Replies

• danbyization
    538 posts
    edited April 2013
    Do those times take into account that the clocks have gone forward? Cus I'm in the UK and here we are on BST (GMT+1)
  • username5641
    293 posts
    edited April 2013
    Do those times take into account that the clocks have gone forward? Cus I'm in the UK and here we are on BST (GMT+1)
    They give the times in GMT in the announcement.
  • popojijo984
    279 posts
    edited April 2013
    Thanks for the info!
  • ferfer0494
    14 posts
    edited April 2013
    Thanks for the heads up
  • stevieort
    618 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    TRTX84 wrote:
    Despite this almost 24 hour advance notice, I look forward to these forums going into full meltdown when people get up tomorrow and can't sign into Origin.

I know, right? I'm glad I saw this thread. I was about to post something in a similar vein. Bummed to not be able to play TSTO tonight, though, ahead of Whacking Day. The time the servers are scheduled to go down (here on the West Coast, USA) is the time I usually visit my neighbors while watch TV.

Having said that, this makes me feel the Whacking Day event is really going to be epic!
  • waltercartman
    677 posts
    edited April 2013
    If I am reading this right then I get the feeling that origin will come to android.

Oh how I hope this is true. I also hope I can move my ios town over to android. I can then get rid oh my touch :)
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    TRTX84 wrote:
    Despite this almost 24 hour advance notice, I look forward to these forums going into full meltdown when people get up tomorrow and can't sign into Origin.

I'm trying to find a corner to hide in......I may have to shove Neo and CL out of the way but I will find the best hidey corner! LOL

We are doing our best to prepare by creating threads that can be merged together. I'm more concerned about the aftermath once the servers come back online. Imagine the explosion of add-me threads.
  • TRTX84
    556 posts
    edited April 2013
    I'm less worried about Add Me threads and more concerned about threads complaining about "Busy Server" messages from EVERYBODY trying to get on to play Whacking Day.
  • stuartcurran
    309 posts
    edited April 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    TRTX84 wrote:

I'm trying to find a corner to hide in......I may have to shove Neo and CL out of the way but I will find the best hidey corner! LOL

We are doing our best to prepare by creating threads that can be merged together. I'm more concerned about the aftermath once the servers come back online. Imagine the explosion of add-me threads.

Or more realistically: "The whacking day update has caused x, y and z bugs to happen to me"
  • waltercartman
    677 posts
    edited April 2013
    I need one of you to be my test animal and try and move your ios town over to android.

I don't know If I have the balls to do it first. ;)
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    TRTX84 wrote:

Or more realistically: "The whacking day update has caused x, y and z bugs to happen to me"

That is my fear, that is my fear but I'm trying not to say it because I'm terrified of jinxing things. I'm hoping the server outtage and the update fixes everything and I'm not going to say anything else other than......the 4 hours of being down are not my biggest concern at the moment.

I'm determined to stay hopeful!
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    I need one of you to be my test animal and try and move your ios town over to android.

HA HA HA are you kidding?

I'm not even going to attempt to sign into my town till late tomorrow.

1 - I will probably be too busy moderating.
    2 - I want all of you to be guinea pigs first so I can see if there are more problems (haha).

I have mentioned elsewhere what if the "big update" is actually bringing android into origin? What if it's not whacking day? Hmmm.....? We are all assuming but what is big to them may not be big to us, it is all relative.
  • waltercartman
    677 posts
    edited April 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:

2 - I want all of you to be guinea pigs first so I can see if there are more problems (haha).

I have mentioned elsewhere what if the "big update" is actually bringing android into origin? What if it's not whacking day? Hmmm.....? We are all assuming but what is big to them may not be big to us, it is all relative.
    I'm not super worried about signing on Thursday on iOS.

I would also love it if it's a big update with nothing to do with Wacking day.

Otterhaven will loose his mind if it's not Wacking day. He was the very first person to talk about it.

I feel the origin on android is a much bigger deal. I don't own an iPad so fixing my town on a touch is a pain.

I don't think the board here will be as rough as you think. Add me will be the only problem. Hell with all the sticky post I'm more worried about reading anything on this board. I can see half the first page being all sticky post happy.
  • sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:

I've been going in and out all yesterday and today with no problems.
  • SimonLYW
    164 posts
    edited April 2013
    Can we get a confirmation from EA that this is actually a Thing? Why hasn't it been announced? Not everyone who works for EA is an engineer trying to fix the reset problem; someone must have the time.

The timespan is the middle of the day for our Aussie compatriots, and the European players will be awake for at least part of it. A lot of people will freak out if this happens unannounced.

Edit: Found it! Direct from the horse's mouth here: https://help.ea.com/article/ea-online-services-scheduled-maintenance-on-april-11th-eastern-time

I maintain that there are going to be a lot of people freaking out. Who checks that site daily?

They'll just throw up one of these
    20121019-082153-pm.jpg
  • username5641
    293 posts
    edited April 2013
    The add-mes can be combined, as can the "why is Origin offline???"s.

I'm also terrified of the new bugs. I keep daring to hope that these are the bugs for this update, but I know better.
  • Mjr1124
    654 posts
    edited April 2013

+1 I've been playing on a 4s this whole time, can't wait to see what it looks like on my 10 inch tablet. But I'm skeered.
  • Mjr1124
    654 posts
    edited April 2013
    sherryt07 wrote:
    lissarv68 wrote:

Giggidy! :P
  • sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    Mjr1124 wrote:
    sherryt07 wrote:
    lissarv68 wrote:

Giggidy! :P

I think my game is saved on the one "good" server. I never seem to get any gameplay affecting glitches.

Edit......why is my post inside the quote box. Glitches here now??? Fixed it. :D
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    Mjr1124 wrote:

I've been going in and out all yesterday and today with no problems. :P

LOL!

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.