EA Forums - Banner

How Many Whales Do You Own?

Prev1
I remember when "TSTO" introduced the 300-donut Whale in 2014, most people viewed it as a joke (at best) or a big "****" (at worst) from EA.

Who would ever spend 300 precious donuts on a silly decoration?

Then came the days of free donuts - and little on which to spend them.

6 years ago, I figured I'd never own 1 Whale.

In April 2020, I have 83 Whales. I sporadically buy them just to burn off donuts.

What's your Whale count?

Replies

• Pictures or it didn't happen :p
    Whoa, whoa, whoa – I only accept cash, bitcoin, or GameStop stock.
  • Think that I own 4 or 5 of them, never thought of purchasing more than that.
  • ErPrando
    4 posts New member
    ehm, zero 🙃
  • 1 regular whale, 1 with three eyes. Never paid full price for them, pretty sure they were both reduced price for whatever reason. Why have more?
  • I also buy them sporadically to use up some donuts. I have 29 and 1 three-eyed whale.
  • I recently put 175 torches (won at the dig site) into storage and purchased 5 whales from the vault in order to reduce item count and keep the bonus (35%).
  • Pictures or it didn't happen :p

I'm too lazy to take pics - you'll just have to trust me! :)

Is it actually outrageous to believe, though? I earn like 200 free donuts a day and the game gives me hardly anything new to buy with them.

And that seems unlikely to change. There's a handful of limited-time premium items I don't have, but EA seems unwilling to re-release those - and they wouldn't use that many donuts anyway.

I'd rather use the donuts on these stupid Whales than have them sit dormant forever!
  • I recently put 175 torches (won at the dig site) into storage and purchased 5 whales from the vault in order to reduce item count and keep the bonus (35%).

I have no %age boosting items in storage. I think my %age is around 4900% now - uselessly high!
  • Only 2 normal whales and 1 3-eyed whale.

How many items does the game count whales as?
  • 168sean168
    4082 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    I didn't count mine but my ocean is full of them. I need to keep some of them so that I could place other sea items

Edit Ok I just counted. I got 220 whales, excluding five more in storage

mfb7nuF.jpg

This portrait was taken 30 Jan 2019. All whales were acquired long before this date. The whale is the best for maintaining high % and keeping items count low. :)
    Post edited by 168sean168 on
  • 1 Whale🐋 + 1 🐳Three-Eyed Whale
    Lately It Occurs To Me... What A Long Strange Trip It’s Been.
  • I remember when I could finally buy my first whale. I felt like a TSTO baller; I’d finally made it! Lol
  • How do you earn 200 donuts a day? Just curious; recently returned to the game and would love to earn more......
  • How do you earn 200 donuts a day? Just curious; recently returned to the game and would love to earn more......

Start by KEM farming and work on increasing your Bonus%
    More info:
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/149536/kwik-e-mart-also-known-as-kem-farming-guide/p1
    Whoa, whoa, whoa – I only accept cash, bitcoin, or GameStop stock.
  • I have 4. I’ve been buying apple and orange trees to replace all my other trees and build %
  • Minos1453
    3 posts New member
    What's this about free donuts. The only means I know of to obtain donuts, apart from paying real world money for them, produce a small trickle of donuts over time. Even if you purchase both the Lard Lad Donut Factory & Costmo (with real world money), that's only 12🍩 a day, which means that it would take 25 days to purchase a 300🍩 whale. It would take even longer by recycling (especially if, like me, you often wait more than an hour between game check-ins.)
  • @Minos1453, Check out the guide that @frosted1414 posted literally 2 posts above yours & it'll change your life.
  • Just one. My sea is to small :s
  • bluntcard
    3965 posts Member
    One. And when I have a day to waste, I am going to collect 25,000 donuts and put every single, ugly multiplyer in storage.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • wadebear
    4183 posts Member
    edited May 6
    Minos1453 wrote: »
    What's this about free donuts.
    Here's a quick video of me KEM farming from last year. I make even more donuts per round now.