EA Forums - Banner

Over it

I am SO SICK of the same old 4 hour task format of these events!

That is all.

Replies

• JJR2112
    427 posts Member
    There's lots of other games out there. I hope you find one you can enjoy.
  • Yeah the old events were much better, having to tap on things running around your town to gain event currency, hope we get that type of event again, but i honestly don't think theres a better game out there than Tapped Out.
  • Would have really enjoyed a Tapball style event with all these wrestlers you could put on teams and battle it out in a big ring.
    Also of SEVERE lack of related content to waste my donuts on. Even if it was previously released.
  • I miss crafting and wish there were more to design with but EA don't care any more.
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking. Don't forget about the Springfield Showcase
  • There's always someone who complains about the 4 hour formats in events or something in the event. They've been used for a lot of events and updates for years now. There might be a change to the format near the end of the year or sometime in the future but for now this is what it is.

There just needs to be more to do in these 4/5 week events apart from sending the same characters plus the new premiums on 4 hour tasks to earn currency multiple times a day to unlock a prize then repeat it again until every prize is unlocked, wait until the new act and repeat the process until the event is over. EA should either include some new things to do with the tasks or bring back some of the old features in events.
  • I rushed Act 2 and 3 right away and have been using the time inbetween act's to rewatch all the old episodes on Disney+, so these style of events are good for something!
  • someonewashere
    1771 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    Would have really enjoyed a Tapball style event with all these wrestlers you could put on teams and battle it out in a big ring.
    Also of SEVERE lack of related content to waste my donuts on. Even if it was previously released.

VnD.gif

I knew I couldn't be the only one who saw that possiblity.
    Especially in the event menu, you see Burns and his wrestlers on opposite ends of Aristotle and his wrestlers
    It reminded me of Tapball and the sequel to the Superhero event.

Which is a shame, I would have really enjoyed a break from these cruddy events.
    Post edited by someonewashere on
  • I’ve been playing on and off for years- I remember playing events a variety of ways... I wonder if the game doesn’t attract enough revenue anymore to commit lots of time and resources to events.

I play freemium and I don’t farm for donuts- I play maybe 2-3 times per day so it’s slow going for me.

I’m interested to hear why people may feel angry or defensive about my comment? Just curious. Didn’t expect it.
  • Willy9292
    1663 posts Member
    Meusgeier wrote: »
    I’ve been playing on and off for years- I remember playing events a variety of ways... I wonder if the game doesn’t attract enough revenue anymore to commit lots of time and resources to events.

I play freemium and I don’t farm for donuts- I play maybe 2-3 times per day so it’s slow going for me.

I’m interested to hear why people may feel angry or defensive about my comment? Just curious. Didn’t expect it.

I though your comment was appropriate. As a 5 plus year member here, this is not the forum it once was. Many of the long timers are gone or are silent now. Debate and discussion are often replaced with argue and condescend.
    I used to spend as much time here as in the game, and made some great friends. Unfortunately there are people who attack opinions they do not share. That's not to say there are not great people here, there are. Take heart and ignore the anger.
    Oh, and I agree the current format seems to be just a placeholder to give us something to do. The creativity in events is gone, it's same old same old. It is an old game unfortunately.
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • niahunt
    317 posts Member
    Meusgeier wrote: »
    I’ve been playing on and off for years- I remember playing events a variety of ways... I wonder if the game doesn’t attract enough revenue anymore to commit lots of time and resources to events.

I only saw one post that was negative, everyone else seemed to agree with you, so please don’t take one comment to heart.

Your thread started many good suggestions as to how the event could have been varied rather than the same old send x for 4 hours as have been the case on all the past events.

I hope you don’t feel you have to be defensive about posting again.
  • Meusgeier wrote: »

Sorry if the first half of my comment is really negative and defensive. I remember the 4 hour format still being used the last few years back when there was more to do in events. I would prefer it if mini events went back to the 3 hour currency earning tasks and the bigger events have 1,2,6,8,12 or even 24 hour currency earning tasks instead of the 4 hour tasks.
  • bluntcard
    3875 posts Member
    I hate complaining because I don't want them to stop updating. Yeah, the four hour thing is boring but I still love the game. Still great decorations and characters. I just think they don't have the manpower anymore to make elaborate events. I can deal with that. But, I must confess I do tap through the dialog. It looks like they put a lot of effort into the dialog and I just tap through it. MAYBE, less dialog and more elaborate events? Please? A proper Whacking Day 2?
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • 168sean168
    3847 posts Member
    This brought to mind a song by the Eagles

Get Over It. I listened to it quite often during a difficult period