EA Forums - Banner

Weekly Monorail missions

j35kfha7tv35
6 posts New member
It'smy the first week of the monorail missions. I won in order: tunnel, 10 or 20 donuts (I can't remember exactly) then the tetanus station and mall station. Now the next prize is another tunnel.

my questions are:
1) if I also win the other tunnel then do I have to wait for Tuesday to continue?

2) in the future will I find the mall / tetanus stations again or will I always win donuts instead?

Replies

• What part of "unsolicited friend requests are all denied" do you NOT get?
  • smharris129
    214 posts Member
    edited May 16
    1) No

2) You will go into a continuously repeating cycle of winning 16 tracks and 5 donuts by turning in blueprints.
    5,000 blueprints  -  1 track piece
    10,000 blueprints  -  2 track pieces 
    15,000 blueprints  -  3 track pieces 
    20,000 blueprints  -  5 track pieces 
    25,000 blueprints  -  5 track pieces + 5 donuts

Rinse, repeat ad naseum.

I'm sure there's a pretty picture of the prize track somewhere.
  • frosted1414
    2221 posts Member
    It'smy the first week of the monorail missions. I won in order: tunnel, 10 or 20 donuts (I can't remember exactly) then the tetanus station and mall station. Now the next prize is another tunnel.

my questions are:
    1) if I also win the other tunnel then do I have to wait for Tuesday to continue?

2) in the future will I find the mall / tetanus stations again or will I always win donuts instead?

How did you know about the Tuesday thing? That was from a long time ago! It just continuous now.
  • j35kfha7tv35
    6 posts New member
    In game i see a message that talk about tuesday.
  • wadebear
    3525 posts Member
    Wait. What? The Monorail stuff doesn't have a weekly limit any more?
  • wadebear wrote: »
    Wait. What? The Monorail stuff doesn't have a weekly limit any more?

Not anymore @wadebear, it is continuous, once you get the five donuts it just restarts.
  • KLmaker
    946 posts Member
    That's right, on a good week, (you know, not having all 3 packs of blueprints needing a total of over 100 glass), I have done it twice and gotten 32 track pieces and 10 donuts.
    But then LLRP does help quite a bit.
  • wadebear
    3525 posts Member
    How did you know about the Tuesday thing? That was from a long time ago! It just continuous now.
    Actually it still says it in the game. Go to the Railyard Project Board, then hit the "?" to bring up the Rail Yard Guide, it shows it on the bottom: Stay on Track. Weekly Prizes reset in (countdown from the current time). Right now mine is counting down from 6d 20h 25m 11s.
    I was considering working the Railyard yesterday, but that countdown timer made me leery of trying. It was doubtful I could finish before the timer ran out (though I have finished the prize track in less than a day on several occasions when I got lucky) and my experience is that people will SAY one thing and mean another ("Well that's what I meant!"), so I didn't want to waste materials.
  • KLmaker
    946 posts Member
    wadebear wrote: »
    Actually it still says it in the game. Go to the Railyard Project Board, then hit the "?" to bring up the Rail Yard Guide, it shows it on the bottom: Stay on Track. Weekly Prizes reset in (countdown from the current time). Right now mine is counting down from 6d 20h 25m 11s.
    I was considering working the Railyard yesterday, but that countdown timer made me leery of trying. It was doubtful I could finish before the timer ran out (though I have finished the prize track in less than a day on several occasions when I got lucky) and my experience is that people will SAY one thing and mean another ("Well that's what I meant!"), so I didn't want to waste materials.

First off, the last bit, I can completely appreciate that as I have done that.
    Secondly, I hadn't noticed as it's been so long where I have just played it.
    But absolutely nothing special happens on Tuesday to my Monorail, though yesterday, or was that the day before, there was this woman who was acting a bit weird then she opened her top and it started talking "Quaid... Quaid... Turn on the reactor", other than that nothing special.
  • wadebear
    3525 posts Member
    The novelization was better than the movie.
  • KLmaker
    946 posts Member
    :):):):):)
    Thanks.
    I had a look at the ?, it doesn't say Tuesday but the countdown ends 8am on Tuesday.
    I don't know?
    Does it change what track pieces were planned for that week, mostly straights to mostly curves or vice versa; or what bundles of blueprints there are?
    OR.
    Does it do nothing since they changed it but they can't get rid of it because of how they coded it?
  • wadebear
    3525 posts Member
    Track payout is random (unfortunately). Back when I was maintaining my Monorail track it took forever to get enough straight pieces to finish my design. Come to think of it I'm not even sure I finished before I said "to heck with this" and just stored them all.
  • KLmaker
    946 posts Member
    Yeah, I had the same problem, not enough track and too slowly.
    I don't know if the Tuesday thing was going or not, it might not have been going or I wasn't collecting quick enough to matter, but it got stored very early on and I concentrated on IGC instead.

Onto it now though, but I'm not going to build it, SF is bigger now, so it will be similar to how it was before.
    I'm thinking, maybe when I'm up into the thousands of pieces I will do something, but I'm not counting.