EA Forums - Banner

Be honest... do you really play anymore?

Prev13
simpsonare
2306 posts Member
I know for me, ever since they removed all the event mechanics I really don't play much anymore. I'd like to but the events seem so bare. We get five prize track items and a character bundle. Before we had the prize track, crafting and all the dated items for sale. Tapped out events is a hollow shell compared to it's former days in my opinion. I assume the game is winding down to its final stretch.

Replies

• I still play almost everyday. I know is not the same as before, but at least the game is still supported by EA and not abandoned as Futurama for example. The old event format was fun but it took a lot of time to accomplish several tasks and crafting. This multievent format is easier for busy people like me and I can finish most of the weekly tasks within a day.
  • I was getting bored, and remembering the rush of when I first started. So I started another Springfield and found the joy again. I now have 8 towns with friends, and one anonymous that I started just to see if one could complete an event with a real low level town. (The answer is yes.) I know this is excessive, but it has brought the excitement back.
  • KLmaker
    1498 posts Member
    Yes, I do, but then I am approaching 3 years, so probably something of a whippersnapper compared to the oldies.
    I wanted to do it yesterday but I will invariably do it tomorrow (ish).
  • Still play every day... and getting the urge to nuke my town and start from scratch! Every time I'm close to hitting the button though I think about my zoo, or haunted forest, or Drive-In, or college area and I chicken out.
  • wadebear
    4183 posts Member
    I took almost 2 years off but I'm back. I'm actually enjoying the simplicity of the current events. Sure, you should have something complicated every now and then, but not one after another after another after another after another...
    I'm finally catching up on a bunch of tasks. My task books is all caught up for once - no pending quests except the cash grabbing World's Largest Redwood and Money Mountain (which I may never finish). And I'm finally cleaning up and rearranging my towns so they don't look like a child's toybox. That's right, towns. 3 of them. I've always been an over achiever.
  • Certainly don't play as much as I used to but that's possibly because I have hit the cash limit and have enough donuts for all the purchases that I want.
  • 1pillform
    2021 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    It wont let me progress in event anymore because of the item limit being maxed out. In order to progress you usually NEED that building for the character to go to. But since I can't place anything anymore I am **** out of luck. Therefor there is no reason to play it anymore. They need to up the item limit to 99,9999 is what they need to do.....or turn the limit OFF....because this is not even fun anymore.
    ~Always be Designing~
    Don't increase the Item Limit? Then I don't play. Period.
  • Nope, I call in when there's an event on, fast track it and disappear until the next one, bit like @devilhunt1449, I've hit the cash limit and can generate doughnuts for whatever, but that seems so tedious... I think the wailing walls glitch did for me, I'd hit two of my goals of massive bonus% and IGC limit... which in turn completed my biggest goal of emptying the YMB... now I have too much stuff in storage and any event item that isn't required goes straight in there...

I know now I could buy all the land I need and can get for IGC and close to having all the tokens for others

I have half finished design ideas which I don't seem to care for anymore and like @kylemellev801 if it wasn't for some creations I came up with through moments of inspiration, my town would be ground zero right now...
  • bluntcard
    3955 posts Member
    EVERY SINGLE DAY
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • 168sean168
    4038 posts Member
    Still playing daily or once in two days to clear my yellow Submarine, the SH theatre, Lisa recycling, and the rainbow crossroads producers. But have not arranged the new items to incorporate into town yet. Was pretty demoralised when I was hit by the character button glitch and got some stuffs taken away during the rollover coupled with the bad experience with support. Maybe 10 percent of my items need to be arranged.
  • simpsonare wrote: »
    I know for me, ever since they removed all the event mechanics I really don't play much anymore. I'd like to but the events seem so bare. We get five prize track items and a character bundle. Before we had the prize track, crafting and all the dated items for sale. Tapped out events is a hollow shell compared to it's former days in my opinion. I assume the game is winding down to its final stretch.

Yes, I agree. It’s very disappointing. The owners are treating players with contempt, surely they can do better and give us a real challenge not the same old same old that they are serving up.

• roman65
    92 posts Member
    Started pretty well day one, took a few years off a few years ago but now have over 10,000% multiplier, max cache, all the land, close to max item limit, and piles of donuts so not much point in playing. I’ll rush an event and pick up any new item or on the off chance an old one I missed but that’s about it.
  • AARONRTD
    1805 posts Member
    Every day
  • until the item limit is raised... apart from collecting enough donuts to keep the XP collider ticking over there's nothing much for me to do.
  • jmlgg
    183 posts Member
    Every day, still have tons of work as far building the state i want
  • More so recently as I revisit certain areas and try to improve them. The quests and text is now secondary to the building aspect for me.
  • Every morning to tap the Sky Finger at the moment, just waiting on the next event. Have 0 tasks and plenty of cash and donuts so no need to go on it.
  • stevieort
    606 posts Member
    I play everyday and have been playing *almost* every day since 2012. I don't "farm", so it's taken me a while to get to Level 700, which I hit this morning. Once I'm able to complete The Homerlayas, I may pull back, but given that there is now so much land, I really hope that means the game will be around for a long while. Kudos to the writers! They continue to make me chuckle and and even occasionally laugh out loud.