EA Forums - Banner

Opinion: Everyone should buy at least a dozen donuts every year

Prev1
wadebear
3770 posts Member
Everyone should buy at least a dozen donuts every year. In fact, there should be a requirement to buy a dozen every year or you can only earn 3 free donuts per day.
"Congratulations, you've been playing a year! Now how about you pony up for some pink sprinkly things and support the game you like so much?"
And if you buy a bigger batch of donuts you get longer free periods. A boatload should get you lifetime playability and premier support. (And I have bought more than a couple of boatloads BTW.)
Just think how much money would go into the game. They might even... Gasp!!! Hire some decent support people and write some interesting Events.
And for Zod's sake - a Dozen donuts is just $1.99 + tax. I spend $8.99 + tax every month on Netflix and I don't even watch it every day. Though I do watch it almost every day. Anybody else watching Ozark? Man is that show good...
Now discuss while I go do my physical therapy for the day. (Donuts, not Ozark)
All hail Zod!

Replies

• I'm down ive allready spent a good amount in the 3 months but I'll keep spending if they will fix some problems and make the game better
  • I believe they should charge 5.00 a month to play it.
  • I have more donuts than I'll ever spend but around twice a year I purchase some donuts just to support the game, I don't purchase as many as I used to but then again they aren't putting in the effort either.
  • They should charge money for the GGR.
  • jmlgg
    182 posts Member
    Used to support game but these days my donut count is 4k and keeps growing without content to spend on so i cant be bothered to buy, ofc unless they add items that can be attained only with it (donut factory, vhs store etc)
  • simpsonare
    2229 posts Member
    They should get on board with what the other games are doing with a premium pass. I agree to this because it will help support the game. Simcity and South Park are just two of many that do this. Maybe have the standard prize track and a premium prize track with each act. Agree if you agree.
  • Lobes06
    81 posts Member
    Why should I pay a damn thing for a game that doesn't work? I've had "the glitch" since March 2018. My idle character button, and MANY other game mechanics don't work.

My choices are a rollback to March 2018, or a template town. Would YOU pick either of those options and lose over 2 years of time and objects?

Pay? No freaking way.

And before anyone asks, I asked for a rollback when I was originally hit, and was denied. They told me it would get fixed. Well, here we are years later........
  • wadebear wrote: »
    Everyone should buy at least a dozen donuts every year. In fact, there should be a requirement to buy a dozen every year or you can only earn 3 free donuts per day.
    "Congratulations, you've been playing a year! Now how about you pony up for some pink sprinkly things and support the game you like so much?"
    And if you buy a bigger batch of donuts you get longer free periods. A boatload should get you lifetime playability and premier support. (And I have bought more than a couple of boatloads BTW.)
    Just think how much money would go into the game. They might even... Gasp!!! Hire some decent support people and write some interesting Events.
    And for Zod's sake - a Dozen donuts is just $1.99 + tax. I spend $8.99 + tax every month on Netflix and I don't even watch it every day. Though I do watch it almost every day. Anybody else watching Ozark? Man is that show good...
    Now discuss while I go do my physical therapy for the day. (Donuts, not Ozark)
    All hail Zod!

This is definitely not against you Wadebear, or your opinion.

However my answer is a firm an unshakeable NO.

If that would take into account what has been spent previously.....perhaps.

However in the end, moving forward the answer is still no.
    See, I hate to admit it, but I have spent money on several boatloads. (More than I care to admit since I started playing the game all the way back during Tapball.....)

I've spent more than triple digits, and as a whale.... I don't feel entitled to say I should be exempt, but feel I've spent more than enough in the game.

Still.....even with that in mind if I could extend that exemption to others I would.

In the end the problem lies in EA, and failure to correctly manage their game.

How long have you been out..... It depends on how long you've been out, but EA implemented a lot of incentives to purchase donut packages

Including two buildings that generate 6 donuts every day! ("Costs" $50) I obtained the Lard Lad Factory Version, another versions exists and it's possible they may implement a new version this year....

They also Bundled special Characters withe certain Donut Packages.... This blew up in their face when they offered one of these characters in a Mystery Box, where many people lost their collective Shittake Mushrooms and asked for refunds.

I don't blame them

Freemium players complaining that they were simply obtaining the character that EA offered through a mystery box, Premium players stating that they had to Fork over REAL CASH for this character.

As one of those players I was irritated, EA at no point made it seem that those characters would be obtained any other way, but now that they have done that....
    Well let's just say most of us did state that we would refuse to purchase any donuts.

The forums actively encourage not spending donuts and taking advantage of various strategies. HOWEVER, EA has created several bundles, including an EXP Generator bundle that are highly recommended even by players who would rather stay Freemium.

Shelbyville and Hans Springfield are certainly worth it alongside their respective bundles.

My suggestion?

EA, make better bundles.
    No Cop Outs, No more Sven Golly mistakes....
    If you're going to offer a character as a preview, possibly releasing them later on or even Re-releasing them later on through other means, with a donut be transparent, otherwise people will criticize enmasse.

The problem with Freemium.....is it's free. If we paid a base fee less people would buy it, however since it's free more people download it!

However where in real life certain income brackets pay (most of the) taxes which support the system, with a small group not paying..... This is upside down.

A handful of whales, continuously pay into the system, however most whales have been displeased, or milked dry.... With less players coming into the game to replace old whales, the game starts to slowly rot.

Sorry, I mean "hibernate".

Plus EA implemented something similar a while back.... They capped the daily donuts obtained at 300!

You had a twenty four hour period, however if you went over the 300, the twenty four hour period turned into two days for some reason....

Anyways, obviously that's no longer the case.... because people complained....

Conclusion, not a bad idea, but history has proven time and time again that while the current system does not work....it's been Ingrained for so long that changing it, is not an option without ticking off a majority of the player base.

And that will lead to irritation which will be painfully made aware to EA....

REPEATEDLY
  • wadebear
    3770 posts Member
    Wow! That was a long diatribe. I really stirred up a hornet's nest with you.
    Yes, it should take into account previously spent moneys.
    since I started playing the game all the way back during Tapball.....
    Just since Tapball? I thought you'd been here longer. I started playing at the tail end of Clash of Clones so about a year before.
    How long have you been out..... It depends on how long you've been out, but EA implemented a lot of incentives to purchase donut packages
    I stopped in April of 2018, apparently just before the tish hit the fan. They had some donut packages back then, but nothing I was willing to spend money on.
    Including two buildings that generate 6 donuts every day! ("Costs" $50) I obtained the Lard Lad Factory Version, another versions exists and it's possible they may implement a new version this year....
    I ran across something about that but I don't have good details. But $50 for 6 donuts a day? Bleh.
    They also Bundled special Characters withe certain Donut Packages.... This blew up in their face when they offered one of these characters in a Mystery Box, where many people lost their collective Shittake Mushrooms and asked for refunds.
    Nope, hadn't heard about that.
    The forums actively encourage not spending donuts and taking advantage of various strategies. HOWEVER, EA has created several bundles, including an EXP Generator bundle that are highly recommended even by players who would rather stay Freemium.
    I definitely hadn't heard anything about an XP Generator. Do go on...
    The problem with Freemium.....is it's free. If we paid a base fee less people would buy it, however since it's free more people download it!
    Yeah, but I'm just suggesting the game be a tiny bit less Free and a tad more Mium. I mean I'm a well known cheap a** b*stard and I don't think $1.99 a year (after the year is over no less) is excessive. And not to keep playing, but just to keep generating a bunch of donuts.
    Plus EA implemented something similar a while back.... They capped the daily donuts obtained at 300!
    Um..... Say WHAT now? There's a daily limit? When did this happen. And why do people keep touting the ability to make enormous amounts of donuts by KEM farming? I just did a web search and can't find anything about a daily donut cap. Are you sure about that?

• wadebear
    3770 posts Member
    I believe they should charge 5.00 a month to play it.
    Do you also believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster? Yeah, a $5 monthly charge would kill this game in... One month.
  • Straight up no. They make enough money. Not forgetting that this game is played in loads of countries and millions probably play it. Don’t forget it’s been around since 2012 that’s 8 years of making money. I’ve spent a fair amount over the years. Now they make it easy for us to obtain donuts I don’t spend much only on the items were you have to spend money to get the items with donuts like the Shelbyville items.
  • KLmaker
    1218 posts Member
    As @someonewashere said.

Agree.

Get 'em in an' get 'em playing, those who enjoy it will pay more.

If I was able to pay I would have spent a lot during Moe's Ark.
  • someonewashere
    1768 posts Member
    edited June 8
    wadebear wrote: »
    Wow! That was a long diatribe. I really stirred up a hornet's nest with you.
    Yes, it should take into account previously spent moneys.
    since I started playing the game all the way back during Tapball.....
    Just since Tapball? I thought you'd been here longer. I started playing at the tail end of Clash of Clones so about a year before.
    I stopped in April of 2018, apparently just before the tish hit the fan. They had some donut packages back then, but nothing I was willing to spend money on.
    I ran across something about that but I don't have good details. But $50 for 6 donuts a day? Bleh.
    Nope, hadn't heard about that.
    I definitely hadn't heard anything about an XP Generator. Do go on...
    Yeah, but I'm just suggesting the game be a tiny bit less Free and a tad more Mium. I mean I'm a well known cheap a** b*stard and I don't think $1.99 a year (after the year is over no less) is excessive. And not to keep playing, but just to keep generating a bunch of donuts.
    Um..... Say WHAT now? There's a daily limit? When did this happen. And why do people keep touting the ability to make enormous amounts of donuts by KEM farming? I just did a web search and can't find anything about a daily donut cap. Are you sure about that?

I spent about 1k throughout the years, I'd rather not invest more cash in this game, and until EA fixes the "Glitch" I don't think anyone should invest heavily in the game....
    It's unfortunate but true.

EA needs to step up their act.

WAS a limit.
    Okay I'd have to scout the forums, but it happened for a week or so?
    The forums were buzzing with complaints and eventually they undid the "unintended cap"

Here's the Frink Deal that is super worth it:
    latest?cb=20151022233936

Black Friday offers:
    spend a total of $50 and you unlocked several items, the final tier being a special building that permanently generates 6 donuts every 24 hours.

latest?cb=20181120184301

latest?cb=20191120185017

CostMo was meh, I didn't like the design, so I didn't spend, given the fact that the building generates DONUTS, I doubt EA will ever re-release it as a prize in a mystery box.
    Plus the Lard Lad Factory looks pretty cool, so I did pick it up.

EA needs to offer better bundles is all.
    A Butterfly Skin for Maggie?
    A Serf skin for SVT?
    .....nah.

Edit: Formatting and Grammar due to autocorrect.....and this.

https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/235064/sven-golly-demanding-a-refund/p1

The Sven Golly "Annoyance"

2nd (and Hopefully last edit)
    Correction the cap was 1000 a day, not three hundred.

Here's some threads discussing it:

https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/126122/donut-cap-question

https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/182135/donut-farming-limit-question

So yeah, EA definitely did try to cap donut farming (at high amounts of a thousand...) But people complained and it was undone, if they tried to implement that again.... I shudder to think what the forums would say.
  • Mmmmthanks yeah but nah
  • 1EllieG7294
    2061 posts Member
    They did cap it at 1000 donuts a day for everyone, when they were trying to prevent hackers from adding more than 1000 a day. They quickly fixed it.
  • Castiel19x
    4186 posts Member
    I've spent a good £1000 on this game in the first 5 years maybe more but I don't think I'll pay again. Maybe they shouldn't have introduce donut farming as I'd still be paying towards the game if they didn't.
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking
  • simpsonare
    2229 posts Member
    They did cap it at 1000 donuts a day for everyone, when they were trying to prevent hackers from adding more than 1000 a day. They quickly fixed it.

I think that still exist that hackers can't add more than 1k per day.
  • simpsonare
    2229 posts Member
    Just looked at r/freedonuts it is 5k per request. Idk why EA allows them to remain open and operate.
  • simpsonare wrote: »
    Just looked at r/freedonuts it is 5k per request. Idk why EA allows them to remain open and operate.
    It should be closed.
  • When they first released the yearbook i probably needed all 700 or so items due to being on/off the game for years and didn't have a clue about donut farming back then! If i did i'd never have spent as much, now i'm totally cash, donut and land dependable so have no real reason to inject even more cash into it.