I just finished watching this:

2wlcpmpp58sn.jpeg

I liked it.

The CGI on the the face of the skater was good! Overall I like it too

That was CGI? :o
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • johncolombo
    11198 posts Senior Moderator
    I just finished binging 7 seasons of "Mom". Season 8 comes out later this year. I loved it. One of the best TV shows I have every seen.

tnod2edksnuc.jpg
  • bep7jsb8oe0a.jpeg
    Following on from Bill & Ted's excellent adventure and Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey this third film sees Bill & Ted are now middle aged and are visited by someone from the future where they must create a song in 78 minutes to save the universe.
  • vrntkuz87t3w.jpeg
    War for the Planet of the Apes (2017) Starring Andy Serkis and Woody Harrelson this third and final film of this prequel series has a great escape feel to it with breathtaking CGI I'm not going to spoil anything as it's definitely the best film out of the trilogy and Andy Serkis is outstanding as Caesar with the perfect ending if not emotional afterwards you are left wanting more and it was recently announced that there's going to be a fourth film in a sequel trilogy set years after the event of War for the Planet of the Apes so there is more to come :+1:
    I'd give this film 10/10 !
  • aMj3bgv.jpg

Lake Hotel (2020) A Korean horror film that has good cinematography and attention to sets. A few scares are good but for a long time it was moving too slow that I fell asleep. Story didn't gel well and the focus was just trying to use cliché horror films techniques. Generally try to be a The Shining Film. An average watch.
  • 168sean168
    3655 posts Member
    TBEWSz9.jpg

Attack on Titan: Lost Girls (2018). In this DVD release, it contains three OVA episodes on the stories of two female characters, Annie (2 parter episodes) and Mikasa.

All in all there are 8 OVA episodes so far. Two parter episodes under No Regrets. And three other episodes bundled in other releases.
  • 168sean168
    3655 posts Member
    Rr9WIXx.jpg

Attack on Titan : Junior High (2015) 12 short episodes of about 15 mins each. This Japanese anime is a spoof / parody of Attack on Titan manga / anime. It is super hilarious and cute. Best experience if you have read and watched Attack on Titan. This series is also good for minors as it balances the intense storyline of the parent series and helps to remind them not to take the story too seriously.
  • KLmaker
    946 posts Member
    JBoom998 wrote: »
    bep7jsb8oe0a.jpeg
    Following on from Bill & Ted's excellent adventure and Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey this third film sees Bill & Ted are now middle aged and are visited by someone from the future where they must create a song in 78 minutes to save the universe.

EXCELLENT!
    *air guitar*
  • 168sean168
    3655 posts Member
    lVmSYEk.jpg

Westworld Season 3 (2020). Eight episodes. Generally a good watch with sleek production value. Also this season was filmed partly in Singapore too and it was very interesting for me. And Dolores is quite attractive too
  • 168sean168
    3655 posts Member
    imUd3pQ.jpg

Hummingbird (2013) aka Redemption. This might be a rewatch for me. Jason was given more room for acting in this film. Generally a decent drama thriller.
  • johncolombo
    9uz080wht4q0.jpg
    Can't say it was a great film but I enjoyed it
  • johncolombo
    edited June 16
    ntrl2d7vk8li.jpg

This series is getting a lot of bad reviews from TV critics. Don't let that put you off. It's a great show.
    It's already been renewed for a second season. Love the cast. Great deadpan Humor. It's on Netflix. First season is 10 episodes. I watched it in 2 days.
  • johncolombo
    p4sxi204adua.jpg

I had read this book when it came out back in 2006. Was a quirky book that I liked but it was
    far from King's best work. The movie is worth a watch, there wasn't a point that I got bored or wanted to turn it off but the book was WAY better and it wasn't even the best book. King never translates to film well his books are so much internal character dialogue and back story. Worth a watch if you like zombie -ish films.
  • kRp1pgx.jpg

You Should Have Left (2020) A low budget film but it does have a nice minimalistic looking house. Storyline was not mind blowing, I had written such imaginative stories since Secondary 1 in my compositions. Can treat the film as an episode of Twilight Zone or Tales from the Dark Side. I like the acting of Kevin Bacon. An above average watch for me.
  • 168sean168
    3655 posts Member
    edited June 24
    gMN4tbD.jpg
    hXnbcEu.jpg

Supernatural S3 (2007) 16 episodes. Pleasant to see The Widow of The Walking Dead in it. Also Black Siren of Arrow.

Supernatural S4 (2008) 22 Episodes. Highlight is a funny outtake scene of Dean acting out the song Eye of the Tiger.
  • johncolombo
    t66fn438lcvr.jpg

I've been binging Big Bang Theory and am up to the start of season 3. There are 12 seasons total. I always wanted to watch it but just now got around to it. I love this show!
  • 168sean168
    3655 posts Member
    edited June 26
    K8WOaKv.jpg

Karamay (2010) This was a documentary made in secrecy by an independent film maker and it is banned in China. It documented a disaster back in 1994. 500 good school children were gathered at a theatre for a performance treat when a fire broke out. All the students and teachers were ordered by a female official to remain seated as they evacuated 20 visiting communists officials. 325 died of which 288 were the children.

This documentary provided a voice for the victims and the families who were angry and broken over the management and the subsequent cover ups. Their authorities wanted to tear down the theatre immediately but was blocked by the people there. Today a facade of the theatre remained but there were no information signage there to document what had happened.

y5S7QDX.jpg

The facade of the theatre.

This incident reminded me of the Korean's Sewol Ferry disaster but at least the Koreans could vent their outrage publicly.

This is a very long documentary at 6 hours long with many interview footages and some old actual footages of the aftermath the film maker managed to obtain, apparently from police whose children were also victims.

The documentary currently is available in YouTube
  • 168sean168
    3655 posts Member
    ZewaEXn.jpg

Golden Job (2018) A HK- China film that reunited the actors from the very popular Young and Dangerous triad film series from the 90s. Although one of the original actor didn't return. That was the main marketing draw of this film

This film is not related to that film series and is under a heist genre. A lot of actions, shootings, car chases. But somehow it felt empty like watching someone playing a video game. It has a bit of poignant moments as this film reminded us of how much we have aged and possibly in our Golden age? Also could this film be the only last action film from this group of actors acting together?

This film was somewhere between average to above average for me. Though I saw many young viewers giving it a thumbs up, possibly due to the arcade like actions.
  • 168sean168
    3655 posts Member
    edited June 29
    5ewzk8Q.jpg
    Supernatural S5 (2009) 22 episodes. This is an important season to wrap up an ongoing arc.

Appearance of Paris Hilton was an highlight

TACfrcG.jpg
    A moment where toilet paper hoarding was advised during an apocalypse.

zNePEiG.jpg
    Surgical mask wearing reminded me of the current Covid-19 Pandemic.
  • johncolombo
    168sean168 wrote: »
    5ewzk8Q.jpg
    Supernatural S5 (2009) 22 episodes. This is an important season to wrap up an ongoing arc.

Appearance of Paris Hilton was an highlight

TACfrcG.jpg
    A moment where toilet paper hoarding was advised during an apocalypse.

zNePEiG.jpg
    Surgical mask wearing reminded me of the current Covid-19 Pandemic.

I tried to like supernatural when it first started but I couldn't get into it. It was too soon after
    Buffy for me and I compared a lot of shows as Buffy was the gold master for me.

On the subject of facemasks in the show, I can't watch anything and not notice how things are different now. It's almost jarring.